[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Officially, Splatoon 2 is a Million seller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Splatoo2.png (532KB, 800x426px) Image search: [Google]
Splatoo2.png
532KB, 800x426px
>Famitsu indicates that Splatoon 2 has sold 1,013,842. Factoring in digital sales, it should be over one million regardless.
>Nintendo confirmed that Splatoon 2 was a global million seller last week. But aside from Japan, we don’t have concrete, official data in any other region. Nintendo also mentioned that players have participated in over 400 million online battles.
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-has-sold-over-one-million-copies-in-japan/
>>
>one eighth the sales of PUBG, broken garbage flavor of the month
why do nintenbros hype up these dead on arrival games?
>>
Wow one entire million. Amazing.
>>
>>388070268
Only manchildren have switches, on the other hand every children has a PC. Do the math.
>>
>>388071542
>every children has a PC.
Do the English.
>>
File: face of death.gif (3MB, 337x300px) Image search: [Google]
face of death.gif
3MB, 337x300px
I want to genocide salmon!
>>
>>388070195
Huh? I assumed it broke million several weeks ago
>>
>>388072719
In Japan. It should be at 1.5 million or more worldwide.
>>
>>388070195
>Nintendo also mentioned that players have participated in over 400 million online battles.
Heh, pretty pointless but neat statistic.
>>
>Hey guys! The new season of My Little Pony on DVD sold over a million copies XDXD

Literally the same news. You manchildren fucking disgust me.
>>
judging from the pre order numbers people posted here i expected to reach a million the first day in japan alone

is it underperforming or are the sale numbers not out yet?
>>
Part of me wonders if there's even a million switches sold in Japan. I mean they're still lining up for raffles so they can win the right to buy one.
>>
>>388074286
That would be impossible, there were barely a million Switches in Japan when the game came out.
>>
>>388074175
How is your day, anon?
>>
>>388074286
Very few games can sell 1 million copies in Japan anymore. Final Fantasy XV bately crawled its way to 1 million over there. Splatoon selling that much over a short period of time in that region alone is a big success.
>>
>>388074967
*barely
>>
File: ʷᵒᵒᵐʸ.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ʷᵒᵒᵐʸ.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>mfw /v/ told me it would only get 300k lifetime sales
>mfw I told /v/ Splatoon 2 was going to be a huge success and they couldn't do anything about it

You niggers can really be dumb sometimes.
>>
>>388074913
Pretty good. Hung out with my bro, shared my vacation trips with my friends, and now I'm watching Forensic Files with my gf. How was yours?
>>
>>388070268

>comparing normie tier early access meme survival game that can played on a toaster with youtuber shilling with squid kid simulator 2.0 on a console that is currently unable to be bought sight on seen

Almonds. Activated.
>>
A million sales? For this?

>one new map at the point where Splatoon 1 had four new maps
>two new weapons
>"new" content already in the game but getting unlocked to trick players into feeling like they're being treated well
>very few patches and balance updates, only adding to the point that everything is done, just locked behind a timer
>the only new mode in the game can only be played for a few hours every other day
>all the NPCs feel like badly designed ugly bootlegs of the first game's
>still only two maps at a time
>no new ranked modes, and only one at a time
>still no way to play ranked with friends
>absolutely no local offline with one console
>single player equally boring, forgettable, and a chore to get through, with notably worse bosses
>less energetic music
>plaza drawings based on popularity instead of people you played with and friends, basically feeling like imgur's front page
>getting S rank means nothing now

As someone who played the first game for nearly a thousand hours, I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by a sequel. This is the laziest kind of rehash. I hope Splatoon 3 is more like the leap from Wild World to New Leaf. This is more like Wild World to City Folk.

But I guess the sales prove they don't have to exert even a modicum of effort. Shame to see a franchise fall in one whole game.
>>
Splatoon 2 to Splatoon is what Bioshock 2 is to Bioshock. Pointless, derivative, and soulless. I can only hope we get our Infinite relatively soon, because I genuinely liked the first game.
>>
>>388075296
it's part of our charm
>>
>>388070195
>Factoring in digital sales
Every single person that bought it digitally should be lined up and shot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.