[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beating a Dead Horse? Mega64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 32

File: Mega64.jpg (25KB, 300x144px) Image search: [Google]
Mega64.jpg
25KB, 300x144px
>Derrick has missed 3 podcasts in a row
>Shawn falling asleep during podcasts
>Rocco "You Know What I'm Saiyan" Botte has started to walk the streets of LA with a Green Power Ranger's helmet he bought for $100 USD unironically
>Garret's the only one bringing anything of interest to the podcasts and does amazing prop work for skits, and yet he works a full time job while clinically ill. He's also the only one that plays video games.
>Kevin is still seeking asylum in England with his British gf

What a fucking mess. All their latest videos are more about "gaming journalism" than "actual games". Why can't they make more videos like their Heavy Rain skit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP30WYgYiUI

Is the Fall of Mega64 symbolic of the current state of video games as a whole?
>>
Yeah it was a good run but they're old.
>>
i like mega64 a lot. i enjoy their podcast more than most skits though
>>
>>388066796
>clinically ill

what are you talking about anon?
>>
I'm baffled their subscribers haven't moved in years. They have been stuck at 400k for so long and it's just embarrassing.
>>
>>388067163
it's best you don't know anon
>>
>>388066796
>Is the Fall of Mega64 symbolic of the current state of video games as a whole?
What the fuck, where did that come from. I don't see how you reached this conclusion.
>>
>>388067163
He mentioned once on twitter that he was quite ill and was attending weekly/daily visits to hospital. Another tweet mentioned cancer. This was during the span of time he wasn't present on the twitch podcasts a few months back. He deleted the original tweets a day after he made them but you can still see some replies questioning concern if you search for them. It really breaks my heart because I've been following mega64 around the same time he started working with them and it is like I am slowly losing a friend.
>>
but the heavy rain video you linked sucked

prank "humor" isnt funny, its awkward
>>
File: wannasports.gif (666KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
wannasports.gif
666KB, 400x299px
>>388066796
>Shawn
Most people don't stay friends with their high school friends. You tend to grow into very different people and slowly drift apart. Look at Rocco's and Shawn's hobbies, if this two people met today for the first time, I highly doubt they would become good friends even if they worked in the same office. Look at the footage of Shawn's wedding in the life speedrun video. Notice that the boyz are in the back behind other people more important to shawn. Because Shawn failed to develop other life skills, he is stuck with his HS friends. Shawn will most likely be the first boy to break the band, Eric and Frank are obviously waiting for this like vultures to fill the spot.

>>388067915
post a video of there's you liked
>>
>>388068374
>Eric and Frank are obviously waiting for this like vultures to fill the spot.
rip mega64
>>
at least we have pps
>>
File: DSCN7827.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7827.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
They all looked so lifeless at AX this year
>>
>>388068374
no thanks. you posted one of their best according to you and it was quite shitty

im not going to wade through any more eceleb shit for you
>>
>>388068374
Do people still fall for this copypasta?

Also is Rocco "Anyway" Botte still a virgin? Anytime they mention sex on the podcast is seems so clear to me that Rocco is lying.
>>
>>388068841
Rocco was actually dead as fuck at AX
>>
File: skeezits.jpg (710KB, 1000x1347px) Image search: [Google]
skeezits.jpg
710KB, 1000x1347px
>>388069060
>is Rocco "Anyway" Botte still a virgin?
After the Mariel thing, the cross-country fuckspree thing, and the fucking-Sam-Hyde's-ex thing, it should be pretty clear he isn't, but knows that anything other than a smartass HA HA SEX joke with him at the center is just asking for fan riffing
>>
File: Rocco Internet Guy Botte.png (113KB, 1034x490px) Image search: [Google]
Rocco Internet Guy Botte.png
113KB, 1034x490px
>>388069060
You're seriously out of the loop, hes probably fucked more than you have.
It has been proven that he has paid fans to have sex with him. This one girl named Charlotte, who had previously had a sexual relationship with Sam Hyde, had multiple plane tickets for over a year paid for by Rocco just to get fucked by him. She used to call into the stream but Rocco deleted all traces from the channel and got Royce to remove the highlights from the archive channel. Rocco's gf at that time found out and posted all about it online. It was a huge fucking thing years ago, idk how you missed this.
>>
>>388069285
>mariel
>cross-country fuckspree
>Sam-Hyde's-ex
What the fuck did I miss
>>
I used to hate Garrett and never viewed him as one of the originals since he came in a little later. Thought he was a try-hard fag. Derrick was my boy.

Last podcast it finally dawned on me. Derrick is a huge faggot and unironically went off to make a knockoff Loveline. Rocco is sperging about his green ranger helmet shit. The other guys were praising Jason Schreier (one of the biggest pieces of shit in 'games journalism'). They all have shit taste in movies and music.

Garrett is the only cool one now.
>>
>>388069492
Garret has been always been the most genuine guy
>>
>>388069492
garrett is actually really nice in person too at gamedays
the others not so much
>>
>>388069492
Childhood is like Derrick/Rocco

Adulthood is liking Garret
>>
>>388069432
I've missed a lot in all honesty. I never had a high opinion of rocco but this is pretty bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Their skits are secondary to their podcast for me. I've been listening to them for nearly a decade and something about their meshing of personalities and manner in which they conduct themselves in the podcast is just entertaining to me, granted I almost always listen while playing a video game or multitasking with something else. I even took a break for about a year because of other things in life taking up time but I can always jump back on and feel like nothings changed, and I mean that in the best possible way. I ran into Rocco once very briefly at a Las Vegas restaurant and talked with him for a few minutes when my fanboyism was at its highest with Mega64, he was really cool. The podcast got me through some depressing times so I'm eternally grateful for such a seemingly trivial thing in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>388069492
lolwut?

Garrett has always been one of the most laid back, friendly guys there. Derrick, as much as I love him, is the indisputable asshole of the group right next to Eric.
>>
File: 1469233445830.png (3MB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1469233445830.png
3MB, 2048x1370px
>>388066796
Derrick just released like 3 new podcasts on mega64 about relationships.

rocco's personal vids are kino tho, especially his new disney series where he and kevin just talk about different rides for hours. if he transitioned to mainly disney and figure talk on his channel I would be more then happy. or he could make his own 'jerk with a camera' type reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrXcv7dX7Q
>>
They're not genuine and this is their biggest flaw.

They're always "on" but the problem is they think this means they're always "funny".
>>
>>388069285
>this image is from 2013
this looks like some abomination someone would post on early 4chan

>>388069850
yeah it really bummed me out when I heard about it but I guess it also allowed me to see rocco for what he was, or at least see it clearly without fanboy goggles. Its too bad he overshadowed Derrick so much, cause he his thoughts and comments he shares during podcasts can be very clearly a level above rocco, and yet now he is stuck doing stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nB0TrWM1gU
>>
>>388070770
honestly I feel like mega64 could still come back if they started doing short witty vids like this more often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIr6Bz15vM
>>
There's no such thing as unironic. It's ironic or sarcastically or unsarcastically. Learn English. Irony is the subversion of an expected event or thing resulting in the opposite. You can't unexpect something and say "oh it happened just as I unexpected it!"
>>
>>388071378
Fuck off kike
>>
>>388069458
When Mariel was a lot more involved, i.e. live appearances and was doing lots of art, they were certainly an item, but nothing official, and they split after a while, either because of the cheating, fan-fucking, or something else, no one knows because there's nothing but rumors

When it was revealed that Rocco was going around fucking fans, one of those fans used to date Sam, and she made a big fucking deal about it, putting out the narrative that using your e-celeb power for sex is a form of rape, which lots of people bought, and it was also around then that the cross M64/MDE shoutouts stopped
>>
File: 1454388369588.png (72KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454388369588.png
72KB, 250x250px
>>388071378
>>
>>388071572
I remember her having her bf on during a christmascast at one point. I always got the impression that she """"friendzoned"""" rocco
>>
File: 1354234078402.png (17KB, 622x514px) Image search: [Google]
1354234078402.png
17KB, 622x514px
>FragileEgo64
Second only to Achievement Hunter in "Should've gotten out while ahead"
>>
File: jK0BK.gif (959KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jK0BK.gif
959KB, 500x281px
>>388068374
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFcnL0qdUQ
>>
File: babby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
>after years they finally make a new Gamez Alive video
>everyone kept calling it a rip off of the RLM Nerd Crew one cause of the meme crates
>>
>>388071572
>it was also around then that the cross M64/MDE shoutouts stopped

to be completely fair the shoutouts stopped when mde was getting into hot water for alt right stuff like sam's standup
>>
The only good video they do are there bad movie thing.

Not the actual talk about movie right now, fuck no, thats cancer
>>
>>388071946
Maybe 1% of the people who watched it remember the original autistics they're parodying. Even I can't remember what they were called
>>
>>388071378
When people say they "unironically" enjoy something it's the same exact thing as saying they "legitimately" and "unashamedly" enjoy something. The terminology actually makes sense in scenarios where the subject matter is seen as something that other people often enjoy in an ironic sense.
>>
>>388071773
this is most likely what happened

>>388071959
i find it interesting how they changed from being the guys that would yell "faggot" out loud and joke about raping babies to the point where they step on eggshells so no one gets offended. I guess ever since they got called out on tumblr for Shawn's shemale comment that they have to tread cautiously. I feel that half of their current fandom would stop watching them if they knew the kind of shit they used to talk about on the early podcasts.

>>388070539
the biggest issue is that their heart is in film and not video games
thats the biggest downfall for them
>>
File: 20170308_154425.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_154425.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I used to like them but my roommate kind of ruined them for me. He worships them, has our living room covered in their posters and has their Twitch stream on all the time. When we go to PAX he stands in front of their booth for 20 minutes waiting to be noticed and then gives them bags of snacks for the weekend. He's also allowed them to ship all of their PAX stuff to our house a couple of times now, which for him is a huge honor, but for me means hauling tons of heavy boxes into the house. Pic related is about 1/4th of the stuff they had sent to our house for PAX this year.

I don't think they got worse but I just had enough of them. I've met them all and they're all pretty cool, though.
>>
>>388071926
That was, and forever will be, the best thing they ever done.
Funny how Garret, the only "non-comedian" was the best of the entire thing.
>>
>>388072612
There's no way that's all Mega64 stuff.
>>
>>388072595
I feel like that while they are certainly capable of doing great vids the main problem is that they have to restrict themselves so much in their flagship content (the podcast) if they could just drop the persona and be real people talking about real stuff instead of pandering to a bunch of video game nerds then the podcast would be a lot better imo.
>>
>>388072612
>this is the kind of guy that pays Mega64's bills
Jesus Christ...
>>
>>388072612
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>388072769
I promise you, it is. It was all of the merchandise they were going to have at their booth, as well as the shelves and all that for the booth. And there was much more that I couldn't fit into the picture.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (495KB, 735x407px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
495KB, 735x407px
Post god-tier skits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js02m-7qHyE
>>
>>388072910
Why do they need to ship it to you guys? Is it just to hold on to before the event?
>>
>>388072962
Who did the research for this 1? None of them played it, but those jokes are perfect.
>>
>>388073012
Yup, that's it. They don't have a place to ship all of it to and to keep it before they get to Boston so they send it to us.

To their credit, while I find it really weird they are very cool about it. Shawn in particular is always very grateful and kind to my roommate about it and gives him a lot of free stuff.
>>
>>388072962
https://youtu.be/ZVQtZxBUDpU
>>
Stopped paying attention to these guys when their podcast became a "video" podcast and it was just them doing the same "HAHA WE'RE SPONSORED BY SUMO...WHAT IF AS A JOKE WE JUST KEPT PLUGGING IT LIKE THIS" shit for like 40% of the show.

They were so excited to start doing a video podcast but all they do is fucking sit around and pull up videos and shit. I don't know why they bothered.
>>
>>388073230
I don't know if I could be this uniformed if I tried
>>
>>388073230
I think they were sponsored by Sumo for a long time, like Kickapoo. That wasn't a joke, bro! They were paying their dues.
>>
File: frog.gif (24KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
frog.gif
24KB, 100x100px
Anyone know if/when the next annual Cosplayerz vid will be dropped?
>>
>>388073362
Not until you quit filling their camera lens with your shit WALDO cosplay you jerk. They need more footage.
>>
>>388073313

Yeah I know but they went way overboard with it. They just kept fucking screaming about it and acting like it was so hilarious how over-the-top they were being. It got really old.

Most podcasts I listen to just have a little spot in the middle where they read a little 1-minute ad that the company wrote or something.

They also just wouldn't shut the fuck up about Sabritones or whatever, and I doubt they were sponsored by them.
>>
>>388073107
Derrick played deus ex. He doesn't remember much from what he's talked about in a podcast once (within the past 3 months or so.)
>>
>>388066886
did you post this from 2007
>>
>>388068841
I didn't even know Mega64 had a panel this year.
>>
>>388073434
just not yr kinda joke
>>
>>388066796
Garret seems like the only guy i would want to hang out with. The rest of the mega 64 crew seems like pricks except for shawn but shawn's like a cuck. His wife is hot tho.
>>
Mega64 has been dead for years
They stopped making videos and started sitting on their fucking asses doing shitty podcasts exclusively
>>
Remember in their podcast, they said their new years' resolution for 2017 was to hit 1 million subs lel
>>
>>388073582
If you watch Garrett's pps, you'll probably feel different. He doesn't seem to respect anyone who calls in; ie cutting them off and half listening/caring.
>>
>>388073953
Derrick wanted it so bad, the others were pretty unsure.
>>
>>388074109
At first I thought they had a chance, it was a pretty genuine desire so I thought that would propel them forward. Shame..
>>
I think a lot of people forget that they're currently working on Version 4 and writing a book at the same time.
>>
Remember this

http://variety.com/2015/biz/spotlight/10-comics-to-watch-2015-guerrilla-gamers-troupe-mega-64-blew-up-on-internet-1201539639/
>>
>>388073434
firemachines.com was funny
>>
>>388074032
nah, it's just hard to run the show and pay attention let alone hear everything over all the sound in that show.
>>
>>388074265
i remember when they were mentioned in nintendo power

>>388073953
>last video that broke a million views was the fine bros react reaction video
mega64 has become a living meme
>>
>>388074420
you forgot to mention he does all that while playing a video game
>>
>>388066796
like how many weeks or whatever straight have them been doing shit with little to no actual breaks or vacations of any meaningful length?

And i mean for the group as a whole, not necessarily together though. Cause i would think that working long as periods of times with out any meaningfully lengthfull type of break would get to any one. Everyone needs some time off from it all but them being what they are need to constantly put out shit or not get paid.

So i would assume that it would be that. Since that would get to anyone and is always what happens to many people like them which whittles down their audiences to those that end up enjoying their lowest effort works.
>>
>>388074756
yeah but they got really hyped over the variety thing because they thought it was indicative of them going somewhere
>>
File: 1412508113688.jpg (42KB, 367x513px) Image search: [Google]
1412508113688.jpg
42KB, 367x513px
Why are they always dicks to their fans? I have been watching them for over 10 years and it seems like they are being more rude to fans than usual.
>>
>>388074905
I guess as an entertainer you just get tired of people after so many years of fame
>>
>>388074905
Because they're bitter manchildren
>>
>>388066796
The only acceptable podcast to watch is Project Umbrella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYUIQ8w2dM
>>
>>388074905
its a bit
>>
>>388074905
During calls, yeah. In person they're all pretty nice.
>>
>>388066796
>What a fucking mess. All their latest videos are more about "gaming journalism" than "actual games"

Are you being ironic?
>>
>>388074874
I guess it was similar to when tom green invited them to his show. It's kind of weird since him and the Jackass guys were a huge inspiration for early Mega64 yet they don't do anything today that seem remotely reminiscent to either party.
>>
>>388066796
their videos are rarely good now, all good stuff comes from the podcast
>>388067302
they never branch out or sold out. they tried and failed miserably with funny factory. the best part is that because they're famous of post-irony bullshit, they though funny factory was sort some of satire. well, it wasn't lol and people were mad
>>388068374
who cares about shawn "the cuck king" chatfield
>>388069492
derrick is the "le epic contrarian guy". only good when he's telling stories, not opinions.
>>388070246
yeah but who the fuck cares about disneyland shit. rocco legitemly lives more than half his live in disneyland. he fucking wants to live here. he wants to become the motherfucking walt disney. he will suck mickey mouse cock until the end of time
>>388072612
you.literally.post.the.same.fucking.post.every.new.mega64.thread It's really hard who's the autistic one, him orderng all the mega64 merch, or you reposting this all the time.
>>388073230
people do it all the time. they realize they have to shill but they try to do it "ironically" to try to preserve their "honour"
also no sumo now, they shill now fucking mack weldon. they actually have the balls to shill this even ironically.
>>388073953
yeah it's pathetic. I doubt they will even reach 500k this year
>>388074905
because they're "different" as in "we're above the youtube scum, we're so much better" that kind of attitude
>>388074756
that's because somebody posted this shit on reddit, and they were the first one to do a video about it. that's why it broke one million views. and the best part is later they appeared on fine bros show to laugh at shitty videos just like everybody else. and guess who has the million subscribers? not mega64 that's for sure.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-15-17h17m09s526.png (498KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-15-17h17m09s526.png
498KB, 640x482px
>>388067690
Is this true guys? Please tell me it's not.
>>
>>388075905
yes unfortunately its true...............................
>>
>>388075905
I believe it's yet another 4chan meme, but even if he has cancer, it doesn't matter because mega64 is not going to live for very long. mega64 will die before garret dies of a "cancer"
>>
>>388075881
Which mega64 member is this?
>>
>>388075881
>only good when he's telling stories, not opinions.

Yeah. He seems to interject with race shit constantly in a joking tone but its obviously a thinly veiled political statement. And then he wearing that Municipal Waste shirt of Trump blowing his head off or whatever on one podcast. Like, chill out dude
>>
>>388076121
Hopefully it is another 4chan may may, by the way has anyone gone to game days before? How is it? I was planning on going this year.
>>
>>388075905
It has been known for a while now, but people do not mention it since it makes Mega64 discussions even more depressing.
>>
>>388074201
the point is nobody fucking cares about version 4, or the fucking book. and it's not an excuse, rlm used to have that same excuse with space cop and guess what after space cop was finished rlm continued to make the same amount of videos they did while doing space cop. And space cop fucking sucked.
>>388076217
? I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>388076379
the point is when derrick talks about video games or movies he's always the epic contrarian, but when he tells stories it's funny. like that recent story about some fucks leaving him "fuck you" paper on a windshield
>>388076421
the cancer meme is old, a year or even two years old. doubt it's true. you should go while you still can, you never know when mega64 will go full shutdown mode
>>
>>388074032
Can you blame him? The people who call in are either subhuman nerds or annoying fangirls.
>>
can we take a moment to just hate frank
i hate that faggot
>>
File: 1405920046973.jpg (10KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1405920046973.jpg
10KB, 312x312px
>>388071572
>rocco fucking cute girl
>rocco casually fucking fans

The shit I am learning from this thread is simply blowing me into another dimension of confusion. does anyone else have any weird shit to share?
>>
>>388075881
>people thought funny factory was part of an april fools joke
we all hoped it was true

>Mega64 guest stars on a 3 month old Harambe FineBros react video
*avgn voice* "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!"
>>
>>388076884
Frank is cool shut up nerd. He gets more pussy than you'll see in a lifetime. Asian pussy too.
>>
>>388066796
no, faggot

mega64 stopped BEING mega64 when they stopped doing IRL vidya skits

that is when they died
fuck podcasts, fuck all that shit

should have just stuck with it
assholes
>>
>>388077123
are you implying fucking asians is hard
>>388077008
second
>>
>>388077123
t. frank
>>
Nah, man. No way. The latest few videos they've done have been incredible. Trash Can Mario had me in stitches. Still faithful.
>>
File: 1454537667508.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1454537667508.png
22KB, 300x188px
>>388066796
How do they even support themselves? They don't make that many views for how long it takes to make their videos.

Do sponsorships, merch, and patreon really provide enough to cover that many people?
>>
>>388077168
They did an IRL skit for the new mario game literally a month ago
>>
>>388076884
he's actually a smart dude and spends the time to converse with others in varying fields. you should check out his personal channel, he posts a lot of interesting interviews (FrenkHooley). he seems to know more people than current day mega64

him and garret are the last two that give off those original mega64 vibes, which is ironic considering they werent there at the start of it all
>>
>>388077168
nobody cares about irl vidya skits

doing them when at the same when other youtubers do other stupid ass shit irl, there is no point. it was funny in 2006 it's not funny now.
>>388077290
merch, now they got patreon. basically most youtubers make money off patreon.
>>
>>388077290
Well, if this guy here >>388072612 is any indication of how well they are doing then they must be filthy rich.
>>
>>388077008
At their AX panel, they showed a couple videos that were never going to be aired, one involving Derrick fighting with George Takei as part of MS's Hololens promo, and another being a bunch of rednecks complaining about Far Cry 5. This one bitch was getting really pissy about the Takei skit with her friend, because it's basically Derrick yelling at him and calling him every compound-fuck word possible, and tone like this can only imply hatred towards a gay man in a post-Trump world. I saw her taking video of it, but the fact that there wasn't any major blow-up about it shows that she was the only one offended
>>
the fuck are you talking about theyre making so much cash off of patreon they live amazing lives
>>
File: 1465172717369.jpg (36KB, 330x370px) Image search: [Google]
1465172717369.jpg
36KB, 330x370px
>>388077263
>Trash Can Mario
>>
Used to be a big fan until I got jaded over the years. The thing with them is that they're marketing themselves, so they can't ever be genuine. Their autistic fans love their personas so it'll never change.

Don't regret the shirt I own though, they do a good job at merch design
>>
They made that exact kind of video 2 weeks ago about Mario Odyssey, do you even actually follow them or are you looking for reasons to shitpost?
>>
>>388066796

frank ruined the last podcast for me what an annoying tryhard faggot. frank if you're reading this kill yourself.
>>
>>388076884
He's the biggest voice of reason whenever he appears and actually plays a variety of games unlike the rest of them
>>
Best podcast episode ever was when it was just Garret, Kevin, Bryan and Eric. Eric is a whiny cunt a lot but he pairs well with Garrett
>>
>>388067163
He has aids
>>
>>388077008
This one hasn't been mentioned yet. Derrick wrote about it on one of his old Livejournals. Basically he was dating this girl named Jessica and really liked her but was kinda being beta. Shawn ended up kissing her and they became a couple. Derrick got super emo and wrote a bunch of posts talking about his pain and anger and resenting Shawn for a long time. Lots of passive aggressive shit.

Shawn and Jessica dated until he hopled to Jennie btw
>>
>>388077870
get used to it, from the looks of it he is slowly taking over derrick's part in the podcast
>>
>>388067690
>and it is like I am slowly losing a friend.
Get q life faget
>>
Please watch/listen to what the Mega64 crew have to say outside of their videos where they make fools of themselves in public? lol
>>
>>388076884
He visits Neogaf. You can tell by the way he sucks sonys cock. All of them do actually.
>>
>>388069285
>and the fucking-Sam-Hyde's-ex
WAT

TELL WHAT HAPPEN PL0X
>>
>this thread
Unsubed
>>
me and my friends are going to experiment with a podcast in the same vain as 2006 era m64 podcast this Sunday. 3 guys in a room, very bare bones, no self censoring. I know the world doesn't need yet another video game podcast but I need to try this before I get too old. What would m64 fans want to see in a podcast?
>>
>>388078520
for you not to do it
>>
>>388077947
What podcast was that?
>>
File: 1292465890895.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1292465890895.png
57KB, 184x184px
Was Derrick having a kid and bailing out on him while not paying child support ever confirmed to be factual or was that all BS? It blew up here a few years ago but I don't remember what came out of it. I just know that's why people used to say Derrick was a shithead.
>>
I actually thought Derrick's co-host was Gavin's gf. They look exactly the same.
>>
>>388078586
271. I was wrong about Bryan
>>
>>388078520
>3 guys in a room, very bare bones, no self censoring
god this sounds so hot, post deets
>>
>>388078647
Damn thanks bud.
>>
>>388078520
You gotta be bold and push the envelope.

-Start talking about erotic 2D hentai games to get your friends aroused
-Do some real gay shit, start making out with your friends and stroking their cocks in the middle of the show
-Do some prank calls and skits while their cocks are in your ass

I'd listen to that
>>
Ive only been a fan for a couple of years but the more I listen the more I realise that Garrett is the best. He just seems like a nice dude. Rocco is a man child. Shawn is just old and bitter fanboy. And Derrick is an attention whore.
>>
File: 1494633821828.jpg (121KB, 581x440px) Image search: [Google]
1494633821828.jpg
121KB, 581x440px
>>388078715
nobody disagrees with you garrett will always be known as the best
>>
>>388078710
So exactly like the first 30 mega 64 podcast episode.
>>
>>388078569
Would you pay me not to do it?
>>
>>388076884
He's the only one in the group that seems to have any energy these days, and his interviews at e3 were good, but yeah he needs to shut up sometimes
>>
File: 1503554200511.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503554200511.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>388078839
probably no since if you do do it someone will archive it and you'll cringe at yourself the rest of your life
>>
>>388078520
i like the mega64 podcast so much because they've proven themselves artistically/comedically. i don't know you so i'm not sure if you've done that or not, but i think a lot of podcasts are successful or failures because of this
>>

Fuck I hate this phrase. The "current state of video games" only really effects the AAA game industry, and we all know that's been a corpse for years.
>>
If you don't watch them for there podcasts you're not doing it right. Their videos are honestly the third thing to give a fuck about, first being the podcast and second their merch.
>>
>>388078520
Play mainstream, indies games, rare or hard to get games, hidden gems for all current and past platforms current. Express your truly opinions about vydia, if you goin full fanboy at least have a good argument.
>>
>>388078937
Idk if you watch the after show but I ended a recent podcast with the Puerto Rican call. It was a dumb joke, but all my calls I've tried to bring entertainment and not some shitty blog like most other callers.
>>
>>388069492
>Derrick is a huge faggot
I saw Derrick at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like four Kickapoos in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the cans and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical interference,” and then turned around and smirked at me. After she scanned each can and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Before leaving, he yelled out at me to keep an eye on his personal YouTube channel for a new music video he will be uploading soon. I decided right then and there to never watch any more Mega64 content again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mCARgsmWgs

Does anyone know what podcast number it was where this same guy calls in and talks about how he murdered his grandma, and garret laughs so hard he leaves
>>
still love the boyz but honestly i prefer the aftershows to the actual podcast these days since they fuck around a loy more
>the fucking shrek's wet fart ride story
>>
>>388079034
>>388079034
talking to Derrick about being Puerto Rican right? that was a good call! i think a podcast can work but you're really gonna have to be careful about sounding derivative of Mega64. that's a huge problem i've seen people have in the mega64 fanbase with their creative pursuits, it's very hard to find a voice. if you can though, you are golden. funnily enough though i don't think you'll know you've got the spark, people will have to see it for you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZPX73qVSE

Where is he bros
>>
File: 1478045488347.gif (3MB, 352x524px) Image search: [Google]
1478045488347.gif
3MB, 352x524px
mariel is very hungry
>>
File: 1503182752419.jpg (17KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1503182752419.jpg
17KB, 512x512px
Will he join Mega64 or is he too problematic? He seems to have a huge boner for them still but they don't seem to reciprocate the sentiment.
>>
>>388066796
It was a good run.
Resident Evil 4
Captain Basche
That fake rivalry with Screwattack

Good times
>>
>>388076884
I feel you
>>
https://my.mixtape.moe/clykbt.webm

Why isn't this call on YouT-- oh right

Poor Garrett
>>
>>388081567
This is from podcast 385, by the way.
>>
>>388066796
>Hating on the boyz
kys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxYMD4svQrM
>>
>>388067690
what the fuck he makes it seem like he just has the flu or some shit on the podcasts

please God don't kill off best boy, he legitimately warms my day up watching poorly played streams
>>
>>388082107
>Dreadless Fruit Snax
I don't know how to feel
>>
they're working on version 4. if they don't really deliver something that will keep patreon supporters, they might have to change up the current formula. but honestly, i don't see the core fanbase for mega64 going away. they'd be happy with weekly podcasts, because it's like a community.
>>
File: 1460681046326.png (234KB, 432x357px) Image search: [Google]
1460681046326.png
234KB, 432x357px
Their core fanbase is dedicated enough to keep them afloat for the foreseeable future. They will never get really big but they will always survive because their fanbase is tight knit and buy every piece of merch every blu ray go to every gamedays etc.

They've survived for over a decade doing exactly what they're doing now and they can probably go another decade doing it. The core fanbase knows they won't really get what they get from mega64 anywhere else and that alone is worth it to most to keep them afloat throat patreon and merch and shit.

That said it's clear some of them are more motivated to expand this core fanbase than others and the group will probably break off at some point or another
>>
>>388081567
>Garret on a regular basis experiences racism
and here I thought /pol/ was teaching us this couldn happen to us crackas!
>>
File: charlotte rocco and sam hyde.png (2MB, 1576x4600px) Image search: [Google]
charlotte rocco and sam hyde.png
2MB, 1576x4600px
>>388069060
>is Rocco still a virgin

he's a disneyland pimp dude
>>
>>388081567
>Sweet Garret deals with racism
He's too pure for this
>>
>>388068374
shawn is deffo holding them back, he's just coasting through life at this point, he's already shit out 3 kids, married early, attached to a way to make money early

he'll just show up on podcasts, whine that they're 2 minutes over, and ship shirts now until he dies

whereas Derrick is clearly trying to expand his horizons with his music videos and shit. I bet writing a book was his idea too.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (64KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
64KB, 720x720px
Frank is growing on me

He seems to be the only one on the podcast who actually plays video games
>>
File: 1397659970480.gif (1MB, 216x155px) Image search: [Google]
1397659970480.gif
1MB, 216x155px
Eh. Mega64 may have declined in some people's eyes but they're still one of the best internet groups of all time. Their personal channel videos ALONE make them the GOAT, but they have tons of content in the form of their videos and discussions on podcasts. I still manage to find entertainment in the random bullshit they talk about in their podcasts and it's safe to say I probably always will.
Garrett is the best man in the group by the way.
>>
>>388082967
garret plays games, even streams after a hard days work. hes been playing mgsv non stop since it released
>>
>>388076884
frank is the only one of those fagos that plays games
>>
>>388082967
>He seems to be the only one on the podcast who actually plays video games
>Derrick talks about games almost every week
>Rocco has streamed himself playing FF over the past couple weeks
>Garret has the PPS every week
>>
>>388082967
He disabled the ability to see it now but on his YouTube channel he's subscribed to a bunch of Japanese titty youtubers

He's /ourguy/
>>
>>388077947
this holy fuck

when the main guys are gone the podcast improves so much in quality because it's just a couple friends talking instead of rocco and derrick being in a 24/7 bit
>>
File: 1502030191147.png (208KB, 386x328px) Image search: [Google]
1502030191147.png
208KB, 386x328px
>>388079034
>Puerto Rican call
see now this is how you end a podcast, it should always be dumb shit like that

>eric's trigger finger getting ready to boot your ass because he thought it was a racism call
>>
Does anyone know which the PPS had the 50 year old guy asking Garrett how to get a job? That was really funny.
>>
honestly I want them to hit a milli subes just off the binders video alone
>>
if there's one thing that i kinda miss is the faircasts. i mean at least last year we got the bbqcast which was great
>>
Aftershow>Main Podcast
So comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPAQdPvP2dI
>>
>>388083451
that was a great cast and all but rocco smacking his lips every ten seconds and derrick thinking he was the fucken gourmet because he can poorly dice jalapenos with cream cheese really soured me on those two for a while
>>
>>388083584
>>388083451
>You will never get to try Shawn's bratwurst
Sad day
>>
>>388080712
Does he still care about them? Haven't seen Max talk about them or do anything with them/for them for a couple years.
Also, Wisenheimers was better than the Mega64 podcast.
>>
>>388066796
>They had a livestream promoting their patreon
>literally say nothing for the entire stream relevant to anything
>Call them out just before they go on break
>Rocco calls me out and says check the patreon

Still mad to this day I wasted my time on these chucklefucks.
>>
>>388083469
fucking Eric
>>
>14 years on the internet
>still get extremely upset at single comments, whether they're good critics or just people telling them to fuck off

Why can't they just let it go? Why do they have to fight everyone who has different opinions?
Their videos nowadays are all about making fun of other people.
>>
>>388084425
>>14 years on the internet
>>still get extremely upset at single comments, whether they're good critics or just people telling them to fuck off
Give an example of a good critic they've shrugged off
>>
>>388083946
he gave them a poster a while ago and you can see it in the back of their podcasts, plus he made that one bumper for mega64tv
>>
>>388084530
The whole three months of funny factory. The top comments were all really good comments telling them how to improve, Derrick in the podcast called them mentally ill.
>>
>>388081567
Wait, why did they censor this?
>>
>>388084604
90% of the Funny Factory comments were just variants of "This isn't funny"
>>
>>388084750
Take a wild guess.
>>
>complain for years about locking content behind a paywall
>friendimension, version 4 trailer, new podcast, some panels and more stuff are all on paetron only

Thanks boys
>>
>>388084604
>>388084763
I haven't been keeping up with Mega64 for about 3-4 years now because I just lost intrest with their main skits and Rocco just seems like a manchild. Can someone explain what Funny Factory is and why it gets so much hate?
>>
>>388084848
They were scared of offending black people...? No seriously I don't get it, please explain
>>
Mega64 hasn't been relevant for years.
They don't understand why people liked their videos in the first place, thinking that skits and parodies were where they should be going.
Mega64 comedy was essentially just public cosplay at its peak.
We get enjoyment of people reacting to characters they don't understand but we the viewers do.
There is a simple humor to that which was able to be repeated multiple times to great success and varied responses.
Rocco himself said that if the property gets recognized or they get recognized it doesn't make it into the videos because that's not funny.

I stopped watching with their Beyond Two Souls video. It wasn't about people being hostile or cautious around a public cosplayer anymore, they just took a camera stick around and bumped it into people.
There was no way for them to recognize what was happening, the gang were just being dicks.
I actually mentioned this on the video comments when it was uploaded hoping they would realize the difference and rethink their next video, but Rocco actually responded to me sarcastically apologizing that I didn't think there was a joke acting like I was being a dick to him personally.
For that reason I think they honestly do not understand why they were funny in the first place and are slowly coasting off their original recognition.
>>
don't they have some impressive contacts in the games industry? couldn't they, individually, use those to move into decent video production jobs and just move on from Mega64? Most people with some sort of ambition would've done that years ago.
>>
>>388085227
They tried to make a movie for six years. They had contacts with Hollywood and multiple very famous directors but it all come to nothing.
>>
>>388085157
Imagine being this assblasted that an interaction with Rocco on a 4 year old video still has you triggered to this day. Mega64 was never for you if all you wanted from them was VID GAMEZ IRL!!! Please remove yourself from Earth.
>>
>>388085227
I want Garrett to escape okay.
>>
>>388085309
Why would they make a movie when the unboxing ring was the greatest saga of all time
>>
File: 1494202274306.png (64KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494202274306.png
64KB, 554x400px
>>388085401
imagine being this assblasted that a poster got an e-celeb assblasted.
>>
>>388084425
Heh, they made Return Fire which is/was just 10 minutes of them shitting on their fans and angrily replying to bad comments. I don't understand why but they just cannot take a single comment, even if it's just as stupid as "fuck mega64 lol"
>>
>>388085401
I'm sure Rocco would appreciate your white knighting for him.
>>
>>388085526
I'm not even white knighting. I just find it funny you wrote this long ass essay that only 3 people are gonna read about how you realized they were never funny because Rocco of all people sent you a "dick" comment 4 years ago.
>>
>>388085754
>you
Not me, RoccoLover96.
>>
>>388085754
you sound more upset to be honest.
I don't mind writing at length in a thread if it's not much effort for the words to come to mind.
>>
How fucking rich is Rocco? He buys every single game (and doesn't play them), every single console, every single iphone, ipad and mac, who knows how many figures and power rangers shit
>>
>>388077168
This. They should make a seperate channel just for the podcast and continue to make more Public Game Experiments on the main channel.
I don't even subscribe to them because it would clutter up my subscription feed, i just get the videos via RSS feed from one of their playlists Public Game Experiments.
>>
>>388084873
The new podcast isn't exclusive to the Patreon, it just goes up to the Patreon a week early
>>
All on a beautiful morning...
>>
Mega64 peaked when they were doing videos like Gamez Alive VG Fact Checkerz and History of Voltage Vengerz. Todd and Aaron still gives me a bit of a laugh but has gone a bit downhill
>>
>>388085478
>Mega64 was wrong for responding to people insulting Derrick just for liking Bill Nye
>>
>>388086461
Does it even matter what they're responding to? That wasn't my point, the point is they can't take even just one comment.
>>
>>388086140
when you're a fucking disneyland pimp, money isn't a problem anymore
>>
>>388084425
They made an entire video based on someone telling them to kill themselves, which I found really funny
>>
>>388066796
these clowns are still doing shit? damn, they're old but haven't seen them lately anywhere. usually I was watching them on game trailers but they kicked the bucket long time ago.
>>
>>388086539
They've talked about this on multiple occasions though. They ignore countless comments of "Rocco's fat" "Shawn looks gay", etc. the ones the ones that go beyond that.
>>
>>388084873
>patreon only
they all get uploaded to youtube after a week or two
>>
these threads pop up at least once every month
i don't think mega64 is going anywhere
>>
Post comfycast moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0hlJU89E8
>>
>>388071946
>gamez alive
oh shit how did I miss it
I was just about to bitch about how they should do another one because it's so underrated
>>
>>388074905
See that posted all the time but I've never seen them being dicks to fans
>>
>tfw you witnessed the entirety of the unboxing ring as it came
What a glorious time. I miss being a dickhead teenager.
>>
>>388086926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjmGTbzDxDE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmfj7NDvYVc
K I N O
>>
>>388087078
it's just people not understanding a joke and getting mad about it
met them at pax a few years ago, they were really nice
>>
>>388087084
that last episode is something we need to to preserve for future generations to witness
>>
>>388076884
nahh frank is wholesome
>>
File: 131213412312.png (189KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
131213412312.png
189KB, 500x374px
I know this sentiment has been overdone in this thread, but Garrett really is one the coolest and funniest guys out there. Only reason I still watch them to this day.

It's sad that the golden age of Mega64 is over, but thank God for Royce who went above and beyond with his archiving. Hope he's living it up in Hawaii.

Also learned a lot about Rocco in this thread, had a friend just like him in real life and it's pretty fucking awkward for everybody.
>>
>>388087330
>had a friend just like him in real life and it's pretty fucking awkward for everybody.
In what way?
>>
>>388087330
>That picture
Really makes you think. Is Garret nice?
>>
Does anyone know what they cut out off this podcast aftershow? I tried looking for the twitch vod after they uploaded it but it was deleted on twitch

at around an hour 20 secs

https://youtu.be/_YVrmOCmbcw?t=3617
>>
>We will never learn Shawn's fingerbang story
>>
>>388088096
he tried fingering a girl but accidently fingered her bum
>>
Mega64 lowkey have a harem of pretty hot women

Nicole, Mariel, Christa, Barbara
>>
>>388088096
He fingered a girl in a car, turns out she was on her period, had to clean his hand in a puddle in the parking lot.
>>
>>388088617
no that was derrick's story
>>
you guys are fucking pathetic

a bunch of teenagers who want everything to be a conspiracy

you faggots are the same level of autistic as the game grumps fans who made /r/ConspiracyGrumps
>>
>>388079034
>the after show
which episode?
I looked for a little bit but i have to leave for school soon. I'll give you feedback in a few hours.
if thread is dead i'll leave comment on video.
>>
>>388081567
poor dude. kinda feel bad. he seems like a cool dude.
also that one dude who is just scrunching his face the entire time after he says, "nigger".
For what reason?
>>
>>388090392
its a bit
>>
>>388081567
>people ask me how I got my hair to look like a nigger's
That's not racist to him though.
>>
>>388091628
That's why he says he didn't feel like a victim of racism.
>>
>>388083946
>wiseheimers dying because max just didn't care despite how much yotam tried
>max does nothing but pony shit and some weird cringy review esque thing with now

I wish he died
>>
>>388066796

garret is a bro. i would shoot up heroin with him
>>
If they're latest push with the book and movie doesn't work to get them up where they should have been then they'll be stuck where they are at until they change a lot
>>
>>388092989
Pony shit was over years ago, and his review thing is good.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.