[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Chrono Trigger? Classic? Irrelevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: PSX_20170823_200000.jpg (83KB, 475x459px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20170823_200000.jpg
83KB, 475x459px
What are your thoughts on Chrono Trigger? Classic? Irrelevant and overrated? Okay or was it instrumental in moving JRPGs outside of Japan?
>>
It's comfy and has nice music. I don't know how the gameplay holds up anymore
>>
>>388064442
>tfw you see the full picture
>>
>>388064442
overrated
>>
Average
>>
>good flowing combat, especially for an rpg
>likable characters and a fun story
>music/graphics are top notch
It's the best jrpg by far
Why do people (normies) overate the fuck out of ff7? The story and maybe a track or 2 are all it has going for it.

>>388064937
sauce?
>>
>>388065869
>sauce?
Search it yourself It's literal shit. Literally
>>
>>388064442
Fun concept with time travel, simple but enjoyable combat system, good pacing (low grinding, short-ish RPG), lots of memorable moments. That's really all you can ask for.
>>
File: 1470194554664.jpg (99KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1470194554664.jpg
99KB, 1024x681px
>>388064442
Pretty good, it's a shame that any challenge in the game is erased after the first magnus fight
>>
>>388064442
it alright
>>
>>388065869
FF7 batle system was fun for the time and there was literally not one bad track in the entire OST.
>>
Best game ever
>>
To this still the best rpg I've ever played
really close next to Valkyrie Profile.
Idk why no other rpg can be as fun
and no I didn't grow up with either one
>>
>>388064442
You don't fool me, I know what you want and I'll tell you: it is not happening. Square-Enix will never ever make a new Chrono Trigger game again. It was a one-time thing that happened due to the wishes of the dream team, they all moved on and so should you. Get over it.
>>
Its nothing groundbreaking, but its a collab of all of the genre's best at their peak and it shows.
>>
File: IMG_0902.jpg (30KB, 408x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
30KB, 408x432px
>>388065967
>artist has a nice artstyle
>all his art revolves around a shitty fetish
Every time
>>
File: 1452736962282.jpg (258KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1452736962282.jpg
258KB, 900x675px
>>388064442
>or was it instrumental in moving JRPGs outside of Japan?

Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game, but it's moderately obscure. Anyone who sees gaming as a hobby enough that they post in gaming online forums will know about it, but it's not like Pokemon or Final Fantasy where non-JRPG fans will know about it.

Those above titles are responsible for any JRPG movement, and I'd say FFIV put JRPGs on the map outside of Japan with more thwomps to the head coming from FFVI, VII and Pokemon R/B/Y after.
>>
>>388065967
>no results from reverse image search
>>388067583
>for the time
Yes, but my point is that it has no business being treated like the holy grail of vidya in the modern day.
>not one bad track
but how many are good enough to be memorable?
>>
One of the best RPGs on the SNES, followed by Live-A-Live. Chrono Trigger had more refined gameplay, but Live-A-LIve felt like it had more interesting ideas as a whole

One of the few games to do time travel in a fairly respectable fashion, characters didnt suddenly lose their voice by the second part of the game, like FFVI didnt have retarded character decisions of killing everyone off except not really like FFIV. FFV comes pretty close to it. After FFVII came out, though good and enjoyable, a lot of people tried to make their plots bloated as shit and some games forgot how to make decent characters
>>
>>388068118
I can literally recall like 12 off the top of my head right now. I understand your criticisms but to imply FF7's sountrack is anything short of magnificent is just being contrarian.
>>
>What are your thoughts on Chrono Trigger?
It's a good game
>Classic?
Yeah, from that era.
>Irrelevant and overrated?
Overrated by the most die hard fans.
>Okay or was it instrumental in moving JRPGs outside of Japan?
Final Fantasy VII was the most instrumental game for JRPG's.
>>
>>388068514
No one implied that FF7 wasn't the but what was asked is if CT played a part in that.
>>
>>388068276
I just feel that if they're as good as you say they are, I should remember more than the obnoxious battle theme and chocobos.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.