[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone's had a while to think. How would you improve Breath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

Everyone's had a while to think. How would you improve Breath of the Wild?
A few things I'd do off the bat
>Special, side quest found weapons don't have durability or have Master Sword style timed durability
>Underground caverns or temples that can be freely discovered with hidden treasures (Like above mentioned weapons) and are completely optional
>More classic Zelda items like the Hookshot, Lens of Truth, or Bombchu
>At least double the enemy types, and more ways to find them than just being in little war camps around the map
>Special item that, when in your special items inventory, allows you to climb in the rain without slipping

I think that alone would have gone a very long way to make this game better.
>>
just more skimpy suits for link pls
KBYE
>>
>>388062137
Yes, he needs the cheerleader outfit even if it doesn't make sense contextually. Maybe a harlequin one too.
Is it possible that Link is the first male video game character to have obvious fan service?
>>
File: C8c5UmsUMAAwJFQ.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C8c5UmsUMAAwJFQ.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>388062385
>obvious fan service
but he already has
>>
>Option to make your helmet invisible
>More classic enemies, Darknuts, Stalfos and maybe a few Redeads
>Stal lynel
>Better Ganon bosses, since all 5 of them suck
>More attacks for Guardians
>MORE THICC GERUDOS
>More lore, so at the very least the champions are somewhat memorable
>>
>>388062695
It's weird to because being gay isn't considered acceptable in Japan. Holding hands with a girl is very very different from with a guy.
>>
>>388062756
>Betterbosses, since all 5 of them suck
Fixed
Add them to the cavern temple thing OP mentioned
>>
>>388062783
>gay isn't considered acceptable in Japan
???
>>
Let me pet the dogs and some of the more friendly wildlife. Twilight princess is still top tier because of this,
>>
>>388063687
It's viewed there as it is in Missouri
>>
>>388063981
Also register all the different mounts
>>
>Delete amiibo support, quests for the LoZ items, Epona, and Wolf companions are added to the main game/as rewards for existing quests
>Add combat trial guardians to the overworld
>Make combat trials not shit, have a variety of different fights take place in them with different enemies
>More moves for the mini bosses and more mini bosses, better variation types as well
>More ranks for enemies that need them like assassins, bats, etc
>Incorporate gold rank enemies into the world
>Incorporate any new DLC enemies into the world
>1 more lynel tier enemy like a Darknut or something
>A few more bat/chu chu sized enemies like those jumping fuckers that are at death mountain in OOT, crows, those wobbufet looking motherfuckers from ALTTP, swooping crows, etc
>Do me the decency of reskinning normal land octoroks as Deku Scrubs
>2 more Bokoblin-Moblin tier enemies with extensive AI
>1 more assassin archetype, make them a magical attacker
>Additional Stal types where possible
>Elemental types where possible
>More potential weapon effects and types to make them more interesting

I love that the PC version exists and it could become a reality someday
>>
>>388064705
All good but Amiibo are harmless
>>
>>388065505
Kill yourself.
>>
>>388064182
Excuse me slick did you just northsplain my gaypinions

Just kidding god hates fags.
>>
>>388061654
>more rewarding side quest rewards or some kind of gratitude crystal like system
>more enemy variety
>collectibles in the divine beasts, similar to stray fairies
>>
File: 1492066676803.jpg (171KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492066676803.jpg
171KB, 700x700px
>>388065857
But Nintendo loves fags
maybe they also are
>>
Remove the story. Remove Gerudo link or at least make it mandatory to complete the game instead of a side-quest pandering thing. Make it so you can't go right to Ganon.
>>
>>388061654
Add an improved story and dungeons
Make weapon durability increased gems not RNG.
>>
I'm sorry OP but this thread isn't going anywhere cause you didn't put " HRRRRR WHAT WENT WRONG?!?!" in your post
>>
>>388062756
>Stal Lynel

Fug, maybe in the new DLC.
>>
>Make divine beasts twice as long
>At least one massive sprawling dungeon that takes 2-3 hours
>Make combat shrines less repetitive
>Whittle down the lest of sidequests to about 35 more substantial ones instead of having 75 with a lot of them being fetch quests
>Add some type of gloves that make it easier to climb in the rain (seriously that shit's annoying)
>A hotkey for either food or clothing
>>
>>388061654
>Special, side quest found weapons don't have durability or have Master Sword style timed durability
Absolutely
>Underground caverns or temples that can be freely discovered with hidden treasures (Like above mentioned weapons) and are completely optional
Yes
>More classic Zelda items like the Hookshot, Lens of Truth, or Bombchu
Don't mind either way, I love the range of versatility the runes offer that traditional items don't.
>At least double the enemy types, and more ways to find them than just being in little war camps around the map
Yes
>Special item that, when in your special items inventory, allows you to climb in the rain without slipping
Don't really care

As for my own:
>Smaller overworld in exchange for more dungeons - divine beasts would be fine, but I'd like to see more Hyrule Castle-esque dungeons
>Personalize the combat shrines - instead of any Guardian Scout, make each one a unique set of enemies and arenas like the Master Trials have. This breaks up the monotony of fighting the same Guardian with inflated health each time
>Underwater areas - accessible via diving or Iron Boots or both, it's unfortunate that what you see on the surface is what you get
>Make guardians more dangerous - I want to see these fuckers climbing cliffs, swiping at Link with their robo-tentacles, deploying GIANT blades and spears from their interiors that can't be parried because they're Xbox hueg, the whole nine yards
>>
>>388068271
I forgot to add make it so that your shield doesn't degrade while surfing. They made this really cool mechanic that I never wanna use so I don't break all my shields.
>>
>>388062756
Unlike OP's post (save for rain climbing item), your suggestions are actually good. Like real good. I'm a fan
>>
>>388068280
Weapons woth no durability would break the game. Durability is what the game is LITERALLY ALL ABOUT, horrible suggestion.
>>
>>388068670
Put 'em on cooldown like the Master Sword, but increase it to half an hour instead of 10 minutes then. I'd kill to have a regenerating boomerang or throwing spear just because those are so fun to mess with but so hard to come by. Champion weapons are close to what he wants, but it's a hassle to track down the base weapons and dump a diamond into a tool that might last me half an hour if I'm lucky.

Not to mention the upgraded Master Sword is literally 60 damage at all times with outrageous durability and regeneration, the game's already broken by it anyway.
>>
>More enemy variety, like ReDeads in destroyed towns/villages at night, Like Likes in various places to take your weapons, Darknuts near ancient ruins, etc.
>More interaction from enemies towards Link, as well as towards NPCs and with each other
>Give the Guardians more than one attack, or just let Guardian Scouts exist outside of shrines
>Reduce the amount of Korok seeds drastically and only place them near significant areas so they're easier to find without straining yourself
>Add at least one other main dungeon with its own unique theme instead of it just being a glorified shrine
>Better emphasis on crafting
>A monster stable side quest from Kilton that lets you keep non-standard mounts like deer, bears and Stalhorses
>Hidden grottoes and cave systems
>More customization of your gear and also of your horse
>>
>>388069479
>A monster stable side quest from Kilton that lets you keep non-standard mounts like deer, bears and Stalhorses
Good idea

it pisses me off how you can't keep satori because the stablecucks are too scared
>>
Armor and food slots are limited to one page. You have to use Korok seeds to upgrade them. Raw food doesn't heal. Eating has an animation.

There, that's it. The game is like 300% better now.
>>
File: 1401502648997.jpg (619KB, 900x813px) Image search: [Google]
1401502648997.jpg
619KB, 900x813px
>>388061654
>reparation system expanded to all weapons
>Climbing Gear set bonus allows climbing in the rain
>change the shitty horse riding jingle
>able to register ALL mounts not just horses
>more masks
>Zora armor set bonus unlocks Zora swimming mechanic from Majora's Mask
>fishing rods or nets
>>
File: 1498458982154.jpg (73KB, 936x864px) Image search: [Google]
1498458982154.jpg
73KB, 936x864px
>>388069919
>>Climbing Gear set bonus allows climbing in the rain

Holy shit, THIS. The description for the gear and boots even says they have "no-slip" properties. FUCK YOU FOR LYING, GAME.
>>
File: 1492067180720.jpg (50KB, 450x812px) Image search: [Google]
1492067180720.jpg
50KB, 450x812px
>>388070087
But how do them prevent slip?
>>
>>388061654
I would have done these:
>Had the dungeons as actual structures in the world field, which lead to the divine beasts as the final leg of the dungeon
>Added onto that: more interesting and varied buildings for the dungeons (i.e. one's a huge ass tower, another's a mansion, etc.)
>Add new movesets and attacks enemies do as they rank up in color instead of just pumping up HP + attack
>more weapon movesets for Link instead of the 3-4 melee and 1 bow
>Remove blessing shrines
>fix rain climbing
>make a much better final boss that doesn't have glowing weakpoints
>>
I know it might be a bad idea for the kind of game it is, but manual saving at any time really fucks up any challenge in it, too. It's remarkably stable for babbies first gigantic, bug-prone open-world, though, so I bet they could have taken it out.
>>
>>388061654
R E D E A D
E
D
E
A
D
>>
>>388069919
best suggestions yet
>>
>>388061654
That sounds more like stuff for a sequel.
I really hope they make one instead of trying something entirely new again
>>
>>388070503
If anything, they'll probably make something more experimental using a modified engine.
>>
>>388069919
>Climbing Gear set bonus allows climbing in the rain
But it does
>have full stamina
>have climbing gear
>climb up until you're just about to slip, then leap
>autoslip after leap, but you still covered ground
>repeat because your stamina and low leap cost allows you to
>>
>>388070693
Yes, we all figured this out after a few seconds of playing. You're just being purposefully dense to try and show off.
Fuck off, newfriend.
>>
>>388071261
>a few seconds after playing
probably not because not having the set and not having high stamina would make this impossible

also, I've been here 10 years. 2007 may be a notorious newfag year but these days 90% of people are far newer than that. guaranteed you have a reddit account based on your general tone
>>
>>388071261
>replying to bait
>in the year two-thousand and seventeen units of one
>>
Breath of The Wild only felt like half a game to me, kind of like a prototype. That being said, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It just feels like Nintendo only put it out because they had to (new console, impatient fans). I think it lays the foundations nicely for the next one though.

What would I like to see?

Dungeons - I miss them, shrines got dull.
Enemy variety - Enemies get repetitive after a while.
Story/Lore - I think this is possibly one of the weakest in that sense. It just seems to be missing that 'charm' others in the series had.
Remove weapon durability - My biggest complaint about BoTW, it was pretty shitty.
No voice acting - It clearly doesn't fit the series.

I could type more but I can't be bothered right now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.