[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with good lighting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: rostok.webm (2MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
rostok.webm
2MB, 768x432px
What are some games with good lighting?
>>
File: 1499770180773.webm (3MB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499770180773.webm
3MB, 900x500px
>>
I always thought Dead Space 1 and 2 had fantastic lighting. There are plenty of areas in the game where shadows come into play heavily, where you're constantly jumping at things that aren't there. One of the early rooms in Dead Space 1 has a hanging busted tram car in the middle of the room that slowly swings, casting tons of shadows across every part of the area. Alongside the great sound design (creaking of the tram, enemies being silent while behind you), it still remains a genuinely unsettling and anxiety-provoking room even on replays. Everyone involved in the atmosphere and environmental work in those games deserves way more praise than they got.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170823-212956.jpg (333KB, 1071x599px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170823-212956.jpg
333KB, 1071x599px
Ffxv has the best lighting I've ever seen in a video game
>>
File: superior slav lighting.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
superior slav lighting.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
>>388062054
>all that bloom
I'll hand credit where it's due it's probably one of the better lighting done in a long time, but it's bloom heavy as fuck. where it's actually strong is ambient occlusion and white balance. it does a great job on trying to look like real life.

Still it's pathetic that so many games push grayfix like it's the only fucking thing that matters and a game from a DECADE ago does it better all while still being a better game at the same time.

for an industry so obsessed with grayfix they sure do fucking suck at them. can't wait for the graphics singularity so there's nothing left to push on that end and they are forced to once again focus on making a good GAME.
>>
crysis
>>
>>388062054
>just 4 sceens of nothing but bloom
very 2007
>>
>>388062054
Now I'm blind, thanks asshole.
>>
>>388062054
this actually hurts my eyes to look at
there's nothing to focus on, just shine and glare across the screen
>>
>>388061143
Swat 4 doesn't have the best lighting, but there's something about the way it looks that's really charming. Same with V:TMB
>>
>>388064287
Someone post the FEAR webms so I can /thread.
>>
i always liked demon's souls' lighting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.