[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kill shopkeeper. >hes strong as fuck despite being a fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DISGUST.jpg (242KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
DISGUST.jpg
242KB, 666x666px
>kill shopkeeper.
>hes strong as fuck despite being a fucking merchant (or worse its a little old woman)
>he doesnt drop his inventory or any of his wares
>you get a tiny amount of exp and next to no gold

why the fuck are devs such moralfags
>>
>>388060369
fucking answer me you pigs
>>
File: realmorrowindcombat.webm (3MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
realmorrowindcombat.webm
3MB, 1000x563px
Why shopkeeper so tough
>>
>>388061171
dude i fucking knew youd post that lol
>>
>>388060369
Dungeons of Dredmor has a neat shopkeeper killing mechanic in that hes weak but a fuckton of demon bodyguards rush in and ass rape you, but if you do kill them I'm pretty sure you can take his stock.
>>
>>388061356
i wish there was a less immersion breaking solution to this issue. i mean what you posted is good but 99% of games fuck that shit up
>>
My first and only time playing Morrowind lasted about 15 minutes total and ended when a little old lady caught me going through her dresser drawers, brandished a long sword, smacked me into a corner and proceeded to duck down and repeatedly stab me in the groin until I died.
>>
>>388061760
maybe you shouldnt steal
>>
>>388061356
great game
>>
>>388061953
A valid point (although weird thread to moralize in); it was my first WRPG and I thought I could get by on my conventional JRPG "wisdom".

Also was not expecting Granny to pull a blade out of her ass and cut my dick off.
>>
>>388062204
i dont play jrpgs how do they handle shopkeepers
>>
>>388061171
At least shopkeepers in Daggerfall were as squishy as any other random non-combat npc
>>
>>388062401
see thats better even if you dont get to loot his whole inventory. merchants being extremely strong is dumb. another idea is to give you a bad reputation or have the soldiers from that town remember you and attack if you walk too close to their view (but you can still sneak around unless an npc gets a good look at you and your not disguised)
>>
>>388062631
Well, if you did kill the merchant in Daggerfall, it immediately alerted the townguards, but that was more annoyance than real threat. You could however take the whole inventory afterwards though.

I'm still disappointed that banks were just placeholder buildings and couldnt be looted however
>>
>>388062401
>>388062761
You can't kill merchants in Daggerfall. They're static 2D sprites that can only be interacted with through dialogue.
You can kill villagers but not shopkeepers. Or royalty or anyone in a castle other than the guards (who are like the human "3d" enemies found in dungeons)
>>
>>388062264
They keep shop, man. You give them money, they give you stuff.

You generally are not given the option to rob them / kill them / burn down their store / have relations with their wives.
>>
Balance, mostly.
>>
File: XBLA_Shopkeep.png (43KB, 187x179px) Image search: [Google]
XBLA_Shopkeep.png
43KB, 187x179px
>>388060369
Sup fucker.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.