[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Devs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: logo.png (45KB, 238x231px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
45KB, 238x231px
Alright /v/, enough about Ubisoft and EA and such, it's time we talked about the developers we truly like. Post people or teams that you feel are legitimately good people or that you think are underrated.

For me, I have to go with The Behemoth. They make consistently fun games, that I can play and enjoy, by myself or co-op with friends (which is a big deal to me, because I'm still nostalgic about the couch co-op era of games). They don't care about making a "deep cinematic experience," they make fucking video games. And I also think they get the random 'ironic' humor right, unlike Gearbox's Borderlands mess.

So chip in mates, we're having a positive thread to talk about things we actually like (or miss) in this industry.
>>
they DO make consistently fun games
>>
videos games were great until competition and business came in to kill the art. it'll never be the same when you have to speed program against increasingly complicating APIs. Take my word.
>>
Alien Hominid was great but honestly castle crashers was garbage. It's literally just mashing buttons the entire game against enemies that take way too many hits even when using the strongest weapons and stuff.

Also, there's like, no balance between characters at all, so if you pick someone based on what you visually enjoy (which everyone will do since the character screen says jack shit about their actual power), it's complete luck if you get a shit character or not.
>>
>>388052595
Triple AAA games are corporate cancer
Indie games are now mostly pixel art, "2deep4you" with no gameplay, or just trash
The middle market is almost extinct, and then they don't have the budget to polish their games.
Every once in a while we get something good from one of the three, but the industry is definitely declining.
>>
>>388052893
Alien Hominid was pretty fun. Castle Crashers was pretty grindy but I enjoyed playing it with my buddy. Battleblock Theatre was a pretty fun but simple platformer. Pit People is a casual but, once again, pretty satisfying, strategy game.
Their theme seems to be casual, co-op, colorful, and violent, and I'm okay with that. Their stuff's not perfect, but I never felt it was bad.
>>
>>388052979
this. take it or leave it bros.
>>
>>388053296
I don't know how to feel about battleblock. It's simple, but it seems to have a fair amount of content. but the whole game just feels like it was made by some kid. I'm not talking visually, I mean controlling characters and moving around feels cheap, like it was some quickly for some free newgrounds game. Not like super meat boy or something.

I guess it's ok, but I've only played like an hour or two. Seems like the sort of thing you really NEED a friend to enjoy. Alien Hominid was fantastic both solo and coop, and that minigame stuff was great.
>>
File: IMG_0877.jpg (88KB, 387x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.jpg
88KB, 387x376px
>>388050686
>tfw no battleblock theater 2
>>
Before Activision, I felt Blizzard could do no wrong. It's been sad watching them fall so far from grace.
>>
>>388054495
These guys will never make a "2" of anything. They're not that kind of developer, they'd rather do a new idea each time, which is a good thing
>>
>>388054662
I agree kind of. Their games are never really about the story, so there's no point in making a sequel. And each of their games is a different genre. Although, I wouldn't mind if they decided to revisit a genre every once in a while and experiment with it in a different way. Battlblock was fun but it was one of the weaker platformers I've played.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.