[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for someone getting into Smash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images (17).jpg (37KB, 324x455px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
37KB, 324x455px
Advice for someone getting into Smash?
>>
Get out of it.
>>
>>388049870
Play the character you have the most fun with. You'll lose any desire to git gud if you aren't having fun. Tiers hardly matter until upper mid level play, even then it's not a dramatic hindrance unless you play Kirby or some shit
>>
>>388050079
what this anon says, you could play Link or something and do just fine
>>
>>388050079
This desu. Yoshi was consistently towards the bottom of tiers until Amsa appeared. People have also made meme picks like DK and Dr. Mario work in professional play.
Championship matches are still jiggs/climbers/fox/falco/marth, but unless you go to a really big tournament it's unlikely to matter.
>>
>>388050386
Even then, until you hit a wall with pure skill at the game, you'll still lose to people better than you regardless of character and vice versa. Blaming your character early on in your competitive "career" is the scrubbiest thing to do.
Also practice. Even 10-20 minutes a day doing basic tech is massive for improvement, you don't need to grind for hours to improve. The important part is to practice effectively, quality > quantity
>>
Play a real fighting game instead.
>>
You're gonna suck for a long time. Practice movement the most, then work on l canceling. One step at a time.
>>
>>388049870
Prepare to have a wrist beyond repair
>>
>>388050386
Doc isn't really a meme pick, he's just a character that's fallen out of flavor due to the best player switching to Sheik.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 720x1280px
>>388049870
Find real people to play with ASAP or just abandon ship and play guilty gear
>>
>>388055948
It's a shame everyone in my area that plays this game looks like a level 99 sperg.
>>
Play melee play on oldschool levels combine with 20xx
Play 3vs1 fox highest difficulty with 20xx
Play with items on or off

Have fun
Wreck kids
>>
>>388049870
Dnt waste your time on that shity party brawler
>>
>>388056715
Brawl was the start of neo nintendo do not ever use that word to disgrace melee.
>>
across the street for attention, down the road for results
>>
>>388056949
show me how its done
>>
>>388057079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25sbq9D0gE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.