[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /v/'s opinions on Mega Man Legends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: legends.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
legends.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
What are /v/'s opinions on Mega Man Legends?
>>
The best saturday morning cartoon I've ever played.
>>
I remember renting it at blockbuster and playing the save file that had the last couple of bosses left and that was it. No idea why I never started it from the beginning.
>>
>>388042550
He's never coming back from the moon...
:(
>>
Unironically a super comfy and enjoyable game.
>>
I loved it. And I wish I had better friends in middle school since they never gave it back. Mother fuckers.
>>
>>388042550
I have to play it again.
>>
>>388042550
Legends is really good due to how unique it was among the other Megaman games. It feels like a dream and the faces are so expressive.
>>
>>388042550

I liked running around and kicking the can up and down the shopping center.
>>
it's dead
>>
I love it. Legends 2 was epic and had amazing reveals, but an unbearable cliffhanger.
>>
Great game(s) that went unappreciated by Capcom and were Dropped as a result.

They added insult to injury by teasing a 3rd game (and even released a demo if I remember correctly) before scrapping it altogether.

One of the most disappointing things in gaming imo, besides maybe Silent Hills getting cancelled.
>>
>>388043469
Didn't they have a little "design a character" campaign going on for a bit? Christ, I'd have hated to be the winner in that one.
>>
comfy as fuck and tron bonn was my first videogame crush.
>>
>>388043609
something like that.

I think someone was planning to make an actual 3rd game in the series with some dude with a cane. Haven't heard anything about it in a few years though.
>>
>>388043673
Tron was sexy af. Every girl in the game wanted megaman's dick
>>
>>388042550

A series I loved when I played it at the time it came out, gameplay wise aged terribly. Although I still can have fun with it, the game definitely gives me that "off" feeling when handling it.

When I think about why I loved the series it was really the setting and world. Capcom, at least at the time was great at creating characters and the game captured what as a kid you probably wanted to experience from the Megaman/X IP at some point- a immersive game that made you feel like you were Megaman.

God forbid if it ever gets revived again all they need to do is make a comfy memorable setting with a vibe like a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory setting to act as your hub taking advantage of modern development to really add a lot of detail and fluff then spruce up the dungeons and set pieces a whole lot from their generic hallways and you're set. The gameplay itself doesn't need nor should make a 1/1 transfer.
>>
Still mad.
>>
Never played it, but I did play and love Misadventures of Tron Bonne. I'll probably get around to playing it since I read it's related.
>>
>>388042550
I love it. But I wish there was an entry with modernized controls. And a bigger harem.
>>
Whimsical and wonderful.
>>
File: 1493575663882.png (102KB, 237x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493575663882.png
102KB, 237x384px
Love Megaman as a whole, but this one has a special place in my heart despite not being a "proper" Megaman game. Love it so much that I'm learning how to program just so I can make a game inspired by it and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Entire setting was maximum comfy, and I would love to see stuff like it explored more.
>>
Pretty brilliant tbqh
>>
I love them, and I love them even more when I realized you don't need to bother installing rapid parts for your buster seeing as you can hold the fire button and rapidly tap forward to shoot fast as hell.
I stutter step everything to death
>>
>>388042550
I was playing ML1 and really liked it but the emulator glitched and deleted all the save data right as I was about to finish the last area so I dropped it.
>>
File: 1493009084346.gif (70KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493009084346.gif
70KB, 200x200px
>>388042550
I think the games are gr-clank clank clank clank CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK
>>
Tell me about Elysium, can it be the ship to return to Terra? Or aren't there no extra shuttles? Why not colony drop?
>>
>>388043881
>When I think about why I loved the series it was really the setting and world.

It sure as shit wasn't the gameplay, the game runs on fucking tanks controls.
>>
I love the shit out of Mega Man but have never played Legends. How is it even possible to play them anymore, I have no idea if they've been ever rereleased.
>>
The motherload.
>>
>>388045074
Playstation emulator
>>
File: 1500760333794.png (2MB, 846x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1500760333794.png
2MB, 846x1020px
I'm legitimately suprised they never made a third, or at least tried Megaman in 3D again.

How would you make a new 3D Megaman game, or an MML3?
I have my own but i want to hear /v/'s.
>>
>>388045376
Splatoon controls and level design.
>>
>>388045074
They're on PSN store last I checked. Dunno if PS3 only or not though.

Also emulation is okay, although I think Misadventures of Tron Bonne has issues emulating. They may have fixed that though.
>>
>>388042550
was already pretty bad back in the day but saying it aged like milk is an understatement.
>>
>>388045376
>I'm legitimately suprised they never made a third, or at least tried Megaman in 3D again.

Probably because the games didn't really work all that well in 3d when it comes to gameplay.
>>
>>388045074
PS3/Vita/PSP PSN has Legends 1, 2 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne
>>
>>388045661
It never worked because Dual Analog sucks.
This is unironic fact. It doesn't fucking work.

>>388045482
You're onto something, and that's actually part of my idea. Motion controls or some kind of third axis of control would be necessary to get the precision action people expect from a Megaman game.
>>
>>388045661
Legends 2 controlled perfectly fine. It's the first that had issues, but mostly because it was made for the d-pad and not a lot of people had figured out 3D movement at that point. If anything they came pretty damn close to a good control system for that era, which really helped Legends 2 being so refined in its movement.
>>
I just do a novel at this point. Make there be some hidden space shuttle abandoned eons ago to make volnutt return home. Barret is Dr.Caskett's distant relative,not a clone or whatever. Data reveals everything regarding Volnutt and by the way,how did he return to Terra?
>>
File: Yuna.jpg (132KB, 593x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Yuna.jpg
132KB, 593x1039px
I was replaying this last month, really fun. The control improvements in the second are what make it though, I wouldn't view it nearly as highly without them.
>>
>>388045946
Yeah but it didn't feel like Megaman. I don't know what it is but megaman only is megaman when it's 2d, and that could've changed if they tried something different with it in a 3d plane but they didn't. It wasn't the disastrous jump to 3d that say, Earthworm Jim was, but it still paled in comparison to its 2d games.
>>
>>388043014
I hurt myself today
>>
>>388046043
I can't remember, but isn't Yuna currently possessing Matilda 's body whereas Sera inside Yuna?
>>
File: 1496234627241.jpg (58KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
1496234627241.jpg
58KB, 600x317px
>>388044578
Do it. I almost wanted to give money to red ash or whatever the fuck the NotMML inafune kickstarter project was out of desperation.
>>
>>388042550
One of my favorite games as a kid.
>>
Tron Bonne best waifu. Name a Roll moment as cute as when Trigger held Tron's hands saying he was glad she was still alive.
>>
File: 1419479-tron_outfit1.jpg (34KB, 300x675px) Image search: [Google]
1419479-tron_outfit1.jpg
34KB, 300x675px
>>388047054
Yep
>>
>tauvertex will never upload another MML2 abridged eposode.
Also anyone think Batou from GitS looks like Tiesel?
>>
File: tenor.gif (807KB, 498x330px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
807KB, 498x330px
>grandma from my mom's side is in hospital, I don't really get what is going on, most of the older relatives from my mom's side visit my house
>dad lets me rent a game from blockbuster to keep me occupied, I get the N64 version of Megaman Legends, having not played any other Megaman game and only knowing the character through the cartoon with the awesome intro
>while playing game, grandma's brother asks me what I'm watching
>explain I am playing a game and that I control a character named Megaman
>he tells me that if I eat my vegetables then when I grow up I can be a Megaman, too, pic related

Anyway, cool game, I beat it before I had to return it. I emulated the sequel many years later and had fun with with it, too.
>>
File: 51380903_p0.jpg (2MB, 1340x1522px) Image search: [Google]
51380903_p0.jpg
2MB, 1340x1522px
>>388047054
No matter where Yuna is, she's 10/10.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.