[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Dead Space thread? Pulse rifle is fun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: Pulse Rifle.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Pulse Rifle.webm
3MB, 700x392px
Can we have a Dead Space thread?
Pulse rifle is fun.
>>
>>388037120
never used it past those small critters.
also DS 1 and 2 is decent, but overrated.
3 is garbage and the only decent part is the outerspace exploration.
>>
>>388037120

>Get excited because a game does something cool
>Remember Kojima games exist
>other games appear shallow and pointless
>>
>>388037120
Pulse Rifle is probably the best gun in DS1.
It's garbage in DS2 however.

As for the games there's not much to say that hasn't been said, DS 1-2 are good, 3 is shit, video comic is good, the onrail shooter is good.
>>
>>388037692
>Pulse Rifle is probably the best gun in DS1.
plasma cutter is better in every way.
>>
>>388037120
DS1 is nearly the perfect game for me, zero g was a bit annoying and it needed more varied locations
DS2 is just an action game and lost all of the eerie atmosphere
>>
>>388037797
I can tell you never played it above normal or hard difficulty where most weapons outshine the plasma cutter.
Pulse rifle is great for keeping multiple necros at bay by making them twitch.
Also you can actually conserve ammo more efficiently, something which becomes very important on impossible mode since drops are heavily reduced and you won't get back the ammo you used on a necro from said drops.
>>
File: gravity centrifuge.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
gravity centrifuge.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>
File: Brute.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Brute.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>
>>388038128
the only mode I haven't played is impossible. and didn't they patch that in after release?
>>
>>388037957
DS2 is the better game, which is all I care about.
It's better designed and paced.
>>
>>388038983
Impossible is very much possible with just Plasma cutter, dont listen to that shitter. Upgraded Plasma cutter is just stupid strong damage.

The game is not that fun if you limit yourself just to one weapon though.
>>
File: divider.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
divider.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>388038983
Nope, you have to beat the game to unlock it.
It's stupid, but it feels like it's the difficulty the game was meant to be played at, all the others make most weapons pointless and are insultingly easy.
>>
File: Force gun.webm (3MB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Force gun.webm
3MB, 640x352px
>>388039181
I never claimed it's not possible to beat it with just PC, it's just not a good weapon there as the other ones offer more efficient necro killing tactics.
>>
>>388039064
I didn't like that they made Isaac talk. Somehow it just made him an even more generic character and a more generic game as a result. If they had kept the same narrative style as 1 it would have been perfect to me.
>>
File: 1493984555994.jpg (317KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493984555994.jpg
317KB, 1600x900px
>>388039395
>tfw shredding black brutes with upgraded Contact Beam

So fucking good
>>
In dead space 2 the kinetic grab and throw mechanic is the strongest. I ended up with tons of extra ammo on the harder modes because I would just clean house by shooting the arm off one of the necros and impaling it. Then grabbing its 2nd arm and impaling another necro ect.
>>
>>388039203
I might try impossible then, but the game never felt like it had much else to offer. always felt like it had two feet in conflicting game directions. enough to be fairly unique and fun, but too conflicting to really reach something great.
>>
>>388037120
I never knew you could do that with the Pulse Rifle.
>>
>>388040696
Its dog shit in DS1, in DS 2 its get grenade launcher alt fire which is insane.
>>
>>388037120
does it have infinite shoots when you use it like that or what?
>>
>>388040849
No, it's a flashy way to waste a load of bullets.
>>
>>388040197
I hated how you needed to hit necros after their death to make them drop ammo and money but at the same time bodies despawn if you turn around probably to save RAM on consoles. Made Zealot and Hardcore modes really annoying.
Also Javelin gun is amazing in DS2.

>>388040587
You can unlock it by setting "Game.Played = 0" to 1 in settings.txt located in AppData.
>>
File: 40436467_p0.jpg (288KB, 745x1015px) Image search: [Google]
40436467_p0.jpg
288KB, 745x1015px
>>
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.