[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splatoon 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: promo324080340.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo324080340.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm hearing statements from multiple people that this game is more competitively viable than Overwatch. Is it true?
>>
>>388033094
Yes, it is
>>
>>388033094
in overwatch the skill ceiling is derived from positioning and the dps players skill. In solatoon everyone has to have positioning and mechanical skill as opposed to just dps.

So probably yeah
>>
Probably.
Overwatch is a cheese fest by default so it's probably not hard to come up with something more balanced.
>>
>>388033094
Yes. Not exactly a high bar but yes. Overwatch comp is a fucking joke.
>>
>>388033094
It's a lot more fun to watch at least. Nerfed specials were the smartest thing they ever did.
>>
File: 1489981994964.jpg (240KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489981994964.jpg
240KB, 495x600px
>>388034243
>nerfed specials
>missiles exist
>>
>>388034348
>Missles
Just walk away nigga
>>
>>388034348
Only time you should be getting hit by missiles is Salmon Run. Armor and ink jet are the top tier specials, but at least both are counterable.
>>
>>388034761
>Play with Squiffer
>Those Inkjets are usually deadmen floating

Love that damn gun.
>>
Definitely.

Doesn't say much though.
>>
>>388034761
Or when the match is laggy and you think you've got a full second before they impact and instead the match snaps ahead 2 seconds to a state where they all landed at once.

If this behavior persists after paid online kicks in, I'll be madder than fuck.
>>
>>388033094
Splatoon is all about area control and team conscious decisions about what you should spend time doing to contribute to a victory.
Overwatch is just aiming down a hallway and pressing your skills at the soonest opportunity when you get them.
So yes.
>>
>>388035017
I've never seen this and I just got back from playing Splatoon off of hotel wifi. You're full of shit.
>>
>>388035558
hotel wifi is often faster than your average american's internet tho
>>
>tfw you start seeing the same faggots in S+ and know who the shitters are
>>
>>388035740
>run into the same guy 3 times
>has never not used balster
>shiggydiggy.jpg
>>
>>388035359
It's also fast and not so floaty/slow like, arguably OW's biggest problem.
>>
It's much easier to spectate as well. Don't really have to know the game that well to be able to watch a match and understand who's winning and why. Visually everything is there and readable. I tried watching an OW match once and it was a confusing mess, and I actually played it before so I understood the rules.
Splatoon tourney at e3 was much more enjoyable.
>>
>>388033094
Overwatch sucks so yeah. But the bad thing is that it's too easy to get into S rank now compared to the first game so you'll encounter noobs even at highest rank which is kinda annoying.
>>
>>388037628
some one gotta lose, might as well not be you.
>>
>>388037628
I really hope they fix this, it's one of my only complaints. To be honest though most absolutely terrible shitters do get filtered out but S+ is too easy to achieve. In the first game the best a pub-star level player could get was A+ or S, now anyone who's just good but not mlg good can make it to S+. Of course the new team matchmaking is what highs skill level players are supposed to be playing but still...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.