[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioshock Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: BSIDLC-BurialAtSeaEp2_Banner.png (357KB, 863x340px) Image search: [Google]
BSIDLC-BurialAtSeaEp2_Banner.png
357KB, 863x340px
How was BaS miles ahead of the main game?
2 > 1 > BaS > BI
>>
File: vlad_tepes_big-x01.jpg (46KB, 525x557px) Image search: [Google]
vlad_tepes_big-x01.jpg
46KB, 525x557px
>>388030876
bioshock can only into water
>>
>>388030876
>How was BaS miles ahead of the main game?
If part one were the length of an actual game, sure.
Part 2 was painfully designed around """"stealth"""", the ending was meh, and the retcon was shoe-horned.

I still enjoyed them all though.

1 > BSI > 2
Minerva's > BaS

And BS2's MP Is G O A T, its a shame pc friends cant put up with p2p and have F U N.
>>
>>388031243
Is it the worst case of backtracking?

>>388031446
I enjoyed the stealth because I loathe Part 1/main game gunplay. Story, yeah it was just as bad and I wish they stopped saying CONSTANTS AND VARIABLES like it actually explained things. Good thing about the ending is that it killed the series before Levine could do any more damage, if that is even possible.
Which retcon?
B2 MP was eventually Electro Bolt + Elephant/Crossbow but it was still fun as hell. Shame it was DOA.
>>
>>388031984
>Which retcon?
Did you pay attention at all m8?
Elizabeth basically replaced Jack as the catalyst of doom.

On 360 it was going for ages. I'm sure on the weekend you might find a game even now.
>>
>>388032207
I asked which because there were several and I wanted to clarify. I would say Jack is the catalyst but Elizabeth setting B1 up was... odd? Not what I expected really.

I haven't played on the 360 in years but they were good times. Did it fit a Bioshock game? Probably not. Did it impact on the story mode? Not at all.
>>
>>388033118
Well Bioshock is pretty much dead as it should be. I just wonder where the series goes from here.
>>
>>388033669
Where could it go?
>>
>>388033965
Not sure really, maybe a planet colonized or something?
I wouldnt want a deadspace shock.
We Happy Few had a nice concept though.
>>
>>388030876
Probably because they gave up on trying to be all pseduo-intellectual with "le constants and variables" and instead just returned to focusing on what Bioshock does better; tugging on your heart strings.
>>
>>388031446
>BSI over anything
Kill yourself immediatly
>>
>>388035010
BS2 is fundamentally flawed from the start.
A big daddy can't be the bottom of the food-chain.
And mid-end game the drill is more OP than the wrench.
Lamb is a shit-tier antag.
Game is too short.
The big sister boss fights coming down to 50 hours of batman prepping is bad.
Most of the bosses are shit.
Most of the NPC's minus the GOAT Augustus "Hand fulla' hellfire" Sinclair are trash.
The endings are good though.

BSI may be a heavily flawed fragment of what it should have been. It was still better.
>>
>>388035449
>A big daddy can't be at the bottom of the food chain
He's a prototype
>Mid-end game drill is more powerful than the wrench
No shit dumbass, if you got hit by a drill you'd die instantly
Big sisters don't require too much planning or skill to beat, you just have to keep moving you shitter
Comstock is even worse
Big daddies are better than anything in Infishit
Bioshock infinite is even worse and 2 is better than 1.
>hurr muh villan
at least 2 didn't have a gaping plothole as big as
>you were under control the whole time so why didn't ryan/Fontaine kill you
>>
>>388034221
>deadspace shock.
Well that would be System Shock.

>>388034769
>tugging on your heart strings.
Elizabeth tugs on my string ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

>>388035449
>A big daddy can't be the bottom of the food-chain.
Yeah, which is why Delta isn't. Even so, he is an early, less armoured and still human underneath the suit Big Daddy, not the functionally living diving suits.
>the drill is more OP than the wrench.
Come on, you could get 1300% damage in Bioshock with the right tonics.
>Lamb is a shit-tier antag.
She is equal to Ryan in design and philosophical inspirations just not as intimidating as Ryan. If anything, Lamb makes Ryan even better because she is the anathema of him with all the implications that brings.
>Game is too short.
It is as long as Bioshock, which is short too.
>50 hours of batman prepping is bad.
Overstatement of the year.
>Most of the bosses are shit.
There are no bosses?
>Most of the NPC's minus the GOAT Augustus "Hand fulla' hellfire" Sinclair are trash.
Eh, I kind of agree. Wished Tenenbaum had a more prominent role. Grace > Gil > Stanley.
>The endings are good though
Wholeheartedly agree on all 7 of them.
>BSI may be a heavily flawed fragment of what it should have been. It was still better.
Dumbed down combat, nonsense story beats improved combat, emotional story?
>>
>>388035449
>Big daddy can't be the bottom of the food-chain
He isn't? Never once in the game aren't you a fucking walking wrecking ball of death. That's not what the game is about though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.