[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would make Prime 4 a 10/10 for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 6

What would make Prime 4 a 10/10 for you?
>>
No more first person platforming
>>
More first person platforming
>>
be similar to metroid prime but different enough to be a fresh, new experience
i wouldn't consider myself to be a fan of the prime series but the first metroid prime is one of the best games i have ever played
>>
>>388029886
No Amiibo crap or DLC
>>
>>388030608
Now, you know that's not happening.
>>
>>388029886
metroid in samus suit
>>
>>388029886
a PC release
>>
>>388029886
Lots of environmental puzzles.
>>
More like Prime 1 and Less like Prime 3. More Ridley.
>>
>>388029886
make it extremely edgy

samus black hair piercings bubble butt gore killing innocents full frontal nudity melee and ranged executions exremely weighty movement zero gravity sections ridley kills 100000 innocents (an entire planet) and consumes their souls to become EXTREME RIDLEY for the final boss and samas also has a perfect innie pussy and black lipstick
>>
>>388029886
third person
no sakamoto involvement
I just want other M, but good. like it was supposed to be. before you heard it was controlled solely with the wiimote.
>>
>>388029886
Third person view for nearly the entire game. Give it the gameplay of Other M, but the environments and exploration of the primes.
>>
>>388030909
>metroid prime
>third person

Yeah lets just make a third person Halo while we're at it rofl
>>
>>388029886
Retcon'ing Samus being a man to avoid Other M like scenarios ever again.
>>
>>388029886
metroid on metroid action,while metroid watches
>>
>>388030969
>>388030909
third person fags need to leave prime threads.
>>
>>388030969
other m looked so good in those early trailers, with samus running through the swamp.
>>
>>388030843
>>388030843
>>388030843
pls respond do you guys like my idea
>>
>>388029886
Fast movement with wall running and jumping similar to Titanfall and Mirror's Edge.
>>
@388031109
fuck off. first person is cancer.

>>388030998
like dead space.
more mobility.
>>
It's one of those open space deals but with a stronger emphasis on exploration and platforming
>>
>>388029886
I can't see this being anything more than average. knowing them they'll probably find some way to absolutely fuck it up. happened with botw and starfox. their track record isn't exactly great as of late. should've gotten retro to do it.
>>
>>388029886
I get the feeling that MP4 is either going to try to be more open world or more RPG than the rest of the MP games.
>>
>>388029886
atmosphere of 1 & 2 with the location variety of 3.
I want more primordial races that would make the ing scared.
>>
>>388029886
WiiU edition
>>
Keep the general strengths of the series. Interesting lore, memorable environments that make you stop and go "damn," intricate level design, fun bosses.

Varied environments like Prime 1. Make it make geological sense or don't, just don't make them bland like 3/4 of Prime 2.

No spoken dialogue. Not a single line, not even in the opening, not even alien gibberish. On that note, no friendly NPCs.

Make the combat a little more involved? It's never been a strength, it's just never been terrible either. So maybe just spruce it up.
>>
>>388029886
No gyro controls and no shitty gimmicks like dark world or time travel.
>>
>>388031537
>open world Metroid

you're right, it's probably going to be open world. my interest just flew out the window.
>>
>>388030696
Fuck off
>>
No involvement from Sakamoto.
>>
>>388031685
Fuck, forgot to mention the most important one: NO SPOKEN DIALOGUE
>>
I want tons of cinematic cutscenes and exposition.
>>
Completely revise the controls compared to the original two. Many first person shooters have much better controls.
>>
>>388031652
>On that note, no friendly NPCs.
What about questionable NPC's like souls?
I think it could fit.
>>
>>388031582
Remove the doors and BAM open world. There's no reason for there to be doors anymore
>>
>>388029886
No Space Pirates, no Mother Brain, no Ridley, no Metroids.
>>
>>388029886
other M was great.
>>
>>388029886
Online deathmatches and team objectives with both ground combat and air combat
>>
>>388031689
there could be ways to do open world with metroid in a way that doesn't ruin the game
like say, the open world is just the surface of the planet, to actually do something you need to dive under the surface/break into a facility/explore some ruins etc

think MP3, only instead of being forced to use your ship you can walk between the various areas
>>
>>388031575
Fuck no. Keep Retro away and let them work on something else. You could tell by Prime 3 that they were tired of working on Metroid.
>>
>>388031982
No samus, no space, no lasers, no spaceships
>>
>>388032068
problem is: who do we trust to work on metroid?

and remember it HAS to be someone closely related to nintendo

and yes I am well aware retro was an unknown quality when they made MP1, but can we seriously hope for a miracle twice?
>>
>>388032303
>it HAS to be someone closely related to nintendo

why?
>>
>>388031867
In order to be questionable they'd have to have dialogue. So no. The only creatures I want having any level of intelligence are enemies. (aka Space Pirates)
>>
>>388031882
this. feels too "videogamey"
same with Zelda and doors/small keys. just needless bullshit to try and pad things out. the only reason they used to have doors in Metroid was for closing areas off for loading purposes.
>>
>>388032303
Its a literally who team m8, so its gonna be 50-50.
Unironically I think Metroid would be an interesting project for From Soft.
>>388032539
So what about bringing back or finding a lost Luminoth?
>>
>>388032712
why from?
>>
>>388029886
Make the Metroids a real threat. One of my biggest gripes with the Prime trilogy is how the Metroids took a backseat to Phazon.
>>
>>388032783
Metroid's focus are environments/ atmosphere, enemies, bosses, and minimal story telling.
And doing something other than an RPG would be good for them.
I honestly cant think of many others, I'd want. I feel Monolith could be a second pick, but i fear them being so JRPG heavy would have trouble making actual gameplay.
>>
>>388032414
because even Nintendo knows MP4 is pretty much the last chance for Metroid as a series in the next 2 decades and after Other M failed with Team Ninja (yes I know it wasn't their fault, not entirely, but that's besides the point) they're not going to risk any outside studio on it.

If they let outside studios touch their series it's usually when said series have some manner of credibility behind it. Metroid has used up virtually all of it.
>>
>>388032539
What was wrong with the luminoths?
>>
>>388032712
>So what about bringing back or finding a lost Luminoth?
Absolutely not. Umos shouldn't have even been in Prime 2 except as a corpse. Same for Prime 3, did not need any characters at all.
>>
>>388029886
Controls similar to metroid prime trilogy
>>
>>388033249
there was nothing wrong with them, but on the other hand there wasn't much right with them either

They were a quick solution to the need to keep the story going, understandable given the limited dev time the game had, but given more time to flesh out the story and flow of the game, the role of an intelligent alien telling you where to go could easily be given to a wide variety of environmental factors
>>
>>388033280
I dont know, i understand the issue of NPC's feeling off in a Metroid game. But I feel like the series needs more or it just cant survive.
>>
>>388029886
Make it like Prime 1.
>>
There's obviously going to be some dialogue in it considering Sylux is the main antagonist and the only thing we really know about him is that he hates the Federation.
>>
>>388031689
isn't open world literally the Metroid tradition though?
>>
>>388029886
If it were on ps4

But it's not, so when it scores an 87 on metacritic I'll be right here posting "what went wrong?" And"now that the dust has settled, we can all agree it's shit right?" Threads
>>
>>388033761
Quasi-open world.
>>
>>388033693
Remind that Ridley ate Samus's mother before her eyes and the 2 have never spoken a single word to eachother throughout the entirety of the metroid series.
Dialog is in absolutely no way necessary.

There's other ways to show his hatred for the federation and her by extension, have him be one hell of a tenacious motherfucker, have him set up ambushes, have him actually steal one of the artifacts or weapons samus is hunting before she can even get there, maybe throw in a few federation soldier corpses along his path, couple of them horribly mutilated (god knows the metroid series isn't averse to the occasional body horror)
>>
Same basic gameplay as Prime 1 and 2 but with faster gameplay more akin to the 2D games, with Titanfall 2-esque boosting around and stuff, with some powerups from the 2D games like the Speed Booster and an overhauled Space Jump.

But also with good as fuck level design, because what's a Metroid game without some good ass level design?
>>
>>388033047
can't think of a downside.
Metroid has always had a strong horror/helpless tone.
>>
No tutorial.
No other characters except Samus.
Can explore areas you may not be equipped for yet, and sequence breaking isn't ever patched out.
SA-X style villain.
>>
>>388033987
>because what's a Metroid game without some good ass level design?
It's funny how the answer to pretty much every one of those type of questions is Other M
>>
File: 250px-Echoesboxart_(Large)[3].jpg (31KB, 250x328px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Echoesboxart_(Large)[3].jpg
31KB, 250x328px
Use prime 1 as a base but expand upon its exploration in new ways. So pretty much something like pic related
>>
>>388034046
>SA-X style villain
given all the Sylux hints, he'll serve the purpose

at this point pretty much everyone involved is well aware that sort of enemy is liked and works. SA-X was great, Dark Samus (despite the stupid name) was great.
>>
>>388031776
>>388030909
Sakamoto has nothing to do with the games other thank oking the general story
>>
>MP4 succeeds
>Ninty fund a first person fusion remake
Would you be excited, /v/?
>>
>>388034338
fusion doesn't need a remake, fusion needs a sequel
>>
>>388033047
nier reminded me a little of Metroid. maybe platinum. :)
>>
>>388034338
no, I think we've had enough linear as fuck metroid games where Adam interrupts your gameplay every 30 minutes

>>388034453
this
>>
>>388034453
>>388034471
I just want more survivor horror metroid, desu.
>>
>>388034156
>wanting gimmicky bullshit

just reboot it. make samus really young.
>>
>>388034537
>gimmicks are automatically bad
>>
>>388029886
First Person Speed Booster.
>>
>>388034623
it's been too long. we need a "normal" Metroid.. I need one. I NEED it, anon. I'm jonesing here.
>>
>>388034531
A sequel could easily give that as well, and more effectively.
SA-X was great, but it works best the first time. No matter how hard you try you will never get that first time experience again. A remake wouldn't give you what you want, it would give other people an entry and that experience sure but Fusion isn't near flawed enough (unlike Metroid 2) that it NEEDS to be remade to open up this experience.

I'd rather have them do something new than do the same thing over and over. And yes I am well aware it's hypocritical to say this about a sequel.
>>
>>388034671
I've thought about how they could implement this, I concluded it wouldn't work and boost ball is the best replacement. It's gonna take someone smarter than me to come up with it
>>
>>388034792
speed booster would work best in a third person game and metroid would work fine as a third person game for that matter, it's not because other m fucked it up that it's inherently a bad idea

third person could put more emphasis on mobility, god knows third person is vastly better for platforming than first and with good controls and good level design it would easily be able to reach the level of super and prime 1.
Other M failed precisely because it's controls and level design were arse. Among other things.
>>
>>388034792
I imagine it'd be like running at Doom or UT (possibly faster) levels or speed.

I'm still ok with Boost Ball tho.
>>
I want the Metroid Fusion atmosphere and setting, and the Fusion suit.
However, it needs less linearity than Fusion and it needs to be longer.

First person is a must; it would help the atmosphere and is a staple of the Prime series anyway.
>>
>>388029886
>blow into the mic to activate morph ball
>make a pew pew sound to launch missles
>waggle controls to simulate walking
>to recover health bring the joycon up to your mouth and pretend you're eating a sandwich
>exclusive pause button amiibo is the only way to pause the game
>No health bar, use HD rumble to determine how much health you have (number of ice cubes = health)
>>
>>388032303
Why do they have to be close to nintendo? Personally I wish id Software could make it, they showed me they could handle it with Doom 4.
>>
>>388035301
or it successfully utilizes the features of the Switch in a way that makes sense and enhances the gameplay

One of them has precedent within the metroid prime series.
>>
If they cancelled it and made anything else
>>
File: metroid-wii-u.jpg (79KB, 1086x600px) Image search: [Google]
metroid-wii-u.jpg
79KB, 1086x600px
>>388029886

Recapture the essence of metroid prime 1-2, but with current day graphics.
>>
>>388035417
>Why do they have to be close to nintendo?
In an ideal world, no reason
In the real world: because nintendo isn't going to give this one to an outside studio. They don't seem to outwardly give to much about the outcry surrounding the previous 2 games, but they're more than well aware of it.
Metroid neither has the level of popularity they're comfortable enough experimenting but on the other hand its not low enough they don't care about the series.

They give mario out to a third party dev occasionally because the well of goodwill regarding the plumber's virtually endless.
>>
>>388035623
>nintendo isn't going to give this one to an outside studio.
Wait, so the unknown studio is a ninty 1/2nd party?
>>
>>388035856
that's my most likely guess
first project of a newly created/acquired 1/2nd party studio, overseen directly by some of the nintendo veterans

remind you of another game?
>>
>>388035856
Prime 4 is being developed by a new team within nintendo, there was never an outside studio and this was never unknown.
>>
>>388029886
Basically Prime 1 except
>more engaging/complex combat with better controls
>uniquely themed locales instead of generic grass/ice/lava-type areas
>unique power-ups
>Kraid

But I'll probably like it as long as it's not Other M-tier awful.
>>
>>388034971
right but this isn't a third person game, shifting from third to first for speedbooster would be jarring
>>
>>388035137
>fusion's setting
>separated biomes on a ship with no interconnectivity

no thank you
>>
File: 1502668043811.jpg (18KB, 175x170px) Image search: [Google]
1502668043811.jpg
18KB, 175x170px
Literally just make something like Prime 2, the best game
Maybe throw in some Hunters
>>
>>388037386
Prime 2 sucks, fuck you. The first one was better.
>>
>>388030998
>Yeah lets just make a third person Halo while we're at it rofl
That would be great for both Metroid and Halo, please make it happen Microsoft and Nintendo.
>>
>>388037386
this

>>388037741
pure pleb
>>
>>388032663
>>388031882
Doors in metroid most certainly have a purpose

Because of the doors, the map of metroid prime is constructed like a series of tunnels and smaller areas. Because of this, it let's each room become its own setpiece, and much more detail is able to be applied to these smaller and closed off rooms, than a huge open world. You would have to sacrifice all those moments in metroid prime when you open up a door and greeted to this huge open room with beautiful scenery and astonishing detail in favor of a larger but mostly empty world.
>>
>>388029886
Doppelganger that isn't Phazon Samus. SA-X was always better, even had ice missiles
>>
File: DS_final.png (882KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DS_final.png
882KB, 1024x1024px
>>388032924
A metroid was the main villain to the entire series

I would say Metroid Prime is probably the smart and most powerful creature in the entire metroid universe. It survived through so much bullshit, was always there to fuck with samus at the worst times, and it even managed to take control of an entire planet just to kill samus at the end of the series

And we almost had this is the final dark samus fight in metroid prime 2
>>
>>388029886
i want to actually travel to dfferent systems to hunt down space criminals and get fat stacks of creds.
>>
>>388033693
why do you morons keep saying we KNOW sylux is going to be the main antagonist
>>
If Metroid Prime was third person it wouldn't be nearly as atmospheric or engaging
>>
>>388032924
>metroids took a back seat

huh? The prime games are the only ones where metroids don't take a back seat (aside from metroid 2), the main villain is a metroid
>>
>>388037741
Things Prime 2 does better than Prime

>Powerful weapons worth using, not just using the most recent one until you get a new one
>FAR BETTER bosses in far larger numbers that require more thought and have more variety than a few HP sponges from Prime
>More involving, less frustrating enemies
>Less backtracking
>Better structure
>Better visors, not just "see invisible things" and "see more invisible things"
>Boost Ball is worth using
>Exploration is more involving with keys and two worlds instead of just "walk to the next upgrade"
>Better suits that aren't recolours
>Better looking Varia suit in general

I could continue but it's not worth it
>>
>>388029886
Take a few notes from Breath of the Wild. More open environments. More focus on expansive mechanics, and actions. More fluid mobility. Breakable terrain. Sequence breaking. No federations troopers. Perhaps a new kinds of enemy, like a splinter faction of the space pirates. A cute Samus.
>>
gud music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBTecFA6sb4
>>
Bump ;-;
>>
VR
>>
>>388029886
I just wish anyone who ever said prime was anything more than a good game would admit they were children when it came out. I was already and adult and it was one of the most "wow it's nothing" games I ever played.
>>
>>388040501
This
>>
>>388040501
played the trilogy in 2013, some of the best games I've ever played
>>
>>388040501
Sorry, I played it for the first time as an adult and it is undoubtedly the best game that has ever been made.
>>
>>388037901
This. I'm not saying that making it one world without doors would necessarily make it shit, but splitting the world in smaller individual areas certainly has its strengths and designing the game otherwise sounds like a risky proposition.
>>
>>388041017
hahahaha shut up

>>388040949
You probably haven't played many games. Anyways I'm not saying they are bad they were just profoundly mediocre compared to their launch hype. Idorts at the time were looking for the biggest and best and Prime was pretty quaint.
>>
>>388041261
>profoundly mediocre compared to their launch hype

your opinions =/= the opinions of the majority, one day when you grow up you'll realize this
>>
>>388033047
A Fromsoft-developed Metroid game would also be half-finished, buggy, broken and generally unimaginative OH WAIT I JUST DESCRIBED DARK SOULS 2 AND 3 LMAO
Yeah nah, fuck off.
>>
>>388029886
Existing
>>
>>388041392
The true majority did not own a gamecube and did not play the game. Also one day you'll grow up and learn reading comprehension.
>>
>>388029886

Feather pubes
>>
I like Prime because it feels like you were stranded on an undiscovered alien planet and Samus unwraps the details of it along with the player, whether that be a backstory or just learning about the flora and fauna. What it needs is 10 out of 10 world building. That doesn't necessarily mean just making an immersive world to play in and shoving it all at the player on level one, it means drip feeding them at a rate which invokes suspense and intrigue
>>
>>388041261
>Prime was pretty quaint
>highest rated game of the 6th generation
>>
>>388041771
best part is it's all optional so it doesn't deteriorate repeat playthroughs. The scanning mechanism was a stroke of genius in prime, along with many other things
>>
>>388041778
You need to look up the definition of quaint because it's not a negative term.
>>
>>388029886
If it was good
>>
>>388041876
What Im struggling to think of is what were the other things. Undeniably there's a compelling sens eof accomplishment about slowly expanding your arsenal but I don't think that's why I like the games so much, and why I didn't like 3 as much
>>
>>388042324
the game is intricately designed with regards to atmosphere, enviornment, gameplay, and story. It all weaves together near perfectly. Some of the stuff it doesn't get are done in prime 2 (although 2 loses some of the stuff prime 1 did)
>>
>>388038309
>secret ending of prime 3
>the Sylux tease in Federation Force
>>
To not be like the 3rd one and to not have dumb padding like the 2nd one
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.