[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can a much more powerful console also be so much smaller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

How can a much more powerful console also be so much smaller? It makes no sense.
>>
File: IMG_3253.jpg (175KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3253.jpg
175KB, 920x900px
>>388025928

American engineering and not the tiny dick jap cuck shitstation
>>
>>388025928
lankies btfo again
>>
Microsoft is actually great at hardware and software engineering.
Exclusives is literally their only weakness.
>>
Is the Xboner really better than the Pisstation4? Wanna get back into consoles again.
>>
>>388025928
Is it actually "much more powerful"?

I don't know anything about eithers specs, but it always seemed like they were both basically the same shit; minor upgrades that do """4K""" (*not actually 4K)
>>
>>388026457
The Xbox One X is, not the original xbone.
>>
>>388026624
>Xbox One X
jesus fuck what a bad name
>>
>>388026457
No, the XBONEX is more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but the PS4 is more powerful than the XBONE

But it's kind of stupid to care about power when it comes to consoles, the only reason to own one is for exclusives (which the PS4 has and the XBONE doesn't).
>>
>>388026457
Bone X is better than pro in terms of 3rd party stuff, graphically. If you already have a PC or something then get a PS4 for the exclusives .
>>
>>388026730
Yeah, it's awful, reminds me of the OC do not steal shit from the nineties.

>my dad works for nintendo and says the new Nintendo will be the Nintendo xXXXxX 64 Pro Edition
>>
>>388026549
The gap is bigger than we've seen in a while. For example Ark is 720p on PS4 Pro and 1080p on Xbox One X. That's a pretty major difference. Gran Turismo Sport is 1600x1800 on the PS4 Pro. Forza 7 on the Xbox One X is 3840x2160.
>>
>>388026730
The X is so edgy
>>
>>388025928
Smaller one has no game, that's why it's dead xD
>>
>>388026756
Already got a PC so I was leaning towards the PS4. Just tired of Microshit; the only consoles I've had for the past 3 generations were the original Xbox and a 360.
>>
>>388026928
I'm pretty sure the recommend settings for Forza on a PC is like a GTX 770, so the bone being able to pull that off isn't too remarkable
>>
Because PS4Pro chip isn't Vega like Xbox one X is.
This means that it requires more cooling than xbox one x's chip and therefore it has a bigger formfactor.
>>
>>388027090
>GTX 770
That's the rcommended for 4k/60fps?
>>
>>388026928
>Ark is 720p on PS4 Pro
Presumably it doesn't have a patch?
>Forza 7 is 3840x2160
Is that actually it's resolution or is it checkerboard?

WipeOut runs actual 3840×2160 on the Pro, btw
>>
>>388027296
Lord no, I just meant that it makes sense for a console like the X to pull it off so well. If the recommended specs were a 1060 for 1080p 60fps then it wouldn't be possible for the X to hit that target of 4k
>>
>>388027341
>Presumably it doesn't have a patch?
It does. It's 720p if you wanna play it in 60fps. The Xbox One X version is 1080p 60fps.

>Is that actually it's resolution or is it checkerboard?
It's native. Another game was just announced is Rise of the Tomb Raider. Runs native 4k on Xbox One X but the PS4 Pro runs it checkerboarded.
>>
External power thingy like the other Xboxes?
>>
>>388027626
It's internal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.