[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolver Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: KeyArt_CharacterProgress.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KeyArt_CharacterProgress.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>want to play game
>devs go you can't play yet but here watch some twitch ecelebs play it that didn't even buy the game
Why is this shit allowed?
>>
>>388019198
Because marketing has become everything.
>>
>Why does guy who is going to give the game good press and drive sales getting to play it when randoms in mommy's basement don't!?!/1/11
>>
>>388019281
>word of mouth vs someone elses word of mouth
Oh wow, didn't realize dick sucking had gone this far down. Most these fucks didn't even know the game existed until this week while followers are getting fucked.
>>
>>388019716
Please contain yourself sperg
>>
File: Absolver fight.jpg (99KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver fight.jpg
99KB, 1200x675px
i heard stagger has the ability to literally stagger towards your opponent damaging them
>>
>>388019198
if you support indie retards that use that graphics style and cather to twitch streamers, its your own fault
>>
File: kahlt.jpg (109KB, 1193x670px) Image search: [Google]
kahlt.jpg
109KB, 1193x670px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kixl_H1nX8M
forsaken vs kahlt
>>
>>388020839
Confirms I'm gonna play windfall just do I don't hear that stupid absorb or parry sound effect all the damn time with its weird glow
>>
>>388019716
>Word of mouth from one person to one person vs word of mouth to one person to thousands
>>
Since clothes have stats and you can't switch their appearances are you going to dress your character in stats or try make them look good?
>>
>>388020839
>gets carried by heymaker
Every god damn time
>>
>>388021368
The stats had tiny effects so yeah I'm just gonna dress to impress
>>
this looked so good a few months ago and after seeing the gameplay... it looks so bland, I don't know why, are all the zones basically the same?
>>
How are they going to avoid a "best build"? As soon as people start trying to measure frame data type stuff they will find moves with the fastest startup/best evasion/least recovery and it will be stupid to play your own build other than style points while losing.

I hope i'm wrong but people are going to power game the shit out of it.
>>
>>388023605
You'll just do what people do in all games that form a meta or best build/best character.
You play a counter or just play better.
Look at SF5 ken is objectively the best character by a land slide but that doesn't mean every single person plays him. Instead they play what they want and master it or play counters.
Same thing applies here
>>
>>388023951

Well I mean more like combat styles = characters on sfv and then combat deck is like picking your own moves.

There will be best builds within each combat style's deck so it's kind of just an illusion of choice.
>>
>>388023605
Yeah because number differences mean that they will be unbeatable, retard
>>
>>388024476

If you have two moves that are the exact same but 1 is faster or safer why would you use the other one?

They have to make each move have a niche like evasion/invincibility/high,mid,low mixup/armor/more stun etc
>>
>>388024401
In a game that offers you a customizable moveset to rely on things people built for you is completely insane and will eventually lead to the demise of that moveset as people learn to block it.
>>
>>388025091
You know its often advantageous to have your punches be slower right? Getting the opponent out of his rhythm through 'unorthodoxly' timed punches is just part of the game, being the fastest doesn't imply being the best.
>>
>>388025091
Well most moves are high/medium/low with different damage rates and hit boxes
So say falcon punch is best move cause it has good i-frames, damage, and a large hit box hitting medium and high. Then you can just use a low attack move to dodge under or any of the moves that have you strafe to the side.
When working with 3d fighters it's really hard to make any one move god tier
>>
>what is marketing
Just don't watch them and stop whining OP
>>
>>388025275
Man you can tell you've never played a fighting game competitively.
>>
I have not played the game or watched any playthrough more than 5 minutes but

Stagger > Kahlt > Windfall > Forsaken
>>
>>388026046
Man you can tell you've never played absolver. Not to mention you are comparing games with static memorable movesets to a game where you have to adapt from scratch every time.
>>
>>388019198
it's unfair I guess but I always hear people say "if i could make a living streaming I would do it" but that's just not true for me. I would be uncomfortable as hell being on cam all the time (can't pick my nose or scratch my balls) and also you feel obligated to play certain games and shit to appease your audience and pull in more shekels

anyway yeah it's still unfair but whatever man
>>
File: absolver2.webm (3MB, 842x416px) Image search: [Google]
absolver2.webm
3MB, 842x416px
>>388026293
>kahlt not first
almost
>>
>>388023605
I'm gonna buy it on release and get a solid month of fun out of it before the game is broken

i never do this so this will be different for me
>>
>>388027487
if you're gonna buy it anyway why not preorder it cheaper
>>
>>388027452
>heh, caught your sword blade right on my shoulder, just as planned
>>
>>388028082
its the kahlt's defense ability
>>
>>388027452

lmao why did they even bother putting weapons in
>>
>>388028220
Getting stabbed in the face? I like it, I'll buy ten
>>
>>388027610
Well yeah I'm gonna do that but I'll probably wait til like the day before, i'm autistic about preordering
>>
>good looking fun game gets announced.
>streamer get it 2-3 weeks early
>everything is discovered and meta is formed after 2 days
>game is ded when we mortals can play it.

thanks marketing team.
>>
>>388028515
Just so you have more things to do with your meter.
It's basically just your super sayian or power up mode, does more damage and you get a new move set. You likely won't use it that often as it takes 3 bars to use and its more efficient to just use the knock back or drain stamina
>>
>>388028625
"Muh meta" has to be my favorite buzzword to come out of this thread
>I basically know nothing about this game but it clearly presents some combat options this means that some of them will be better and basically the game sucks
>>
>>388028556
>Getting stabbed in the face
it's called Absorb so i guess you absorb it with your face? because kahlt is for beasts. bitch
>>
>>388028794
ye lol never mind that like 90% of players will never look at any media about the game and will just play it blindly

meta is mostly impactful for the top tier of players in any game
>>
File: mmguts01.jpg (23KB, 335x210px) Image search: [Google]
mmguts01.jpg
23KB, 335x210px
>>388028863
X GON GIVE IT TO YA
>>
>>388028794
>>388028908
If you don't play a multiplayer game to be the best or even one of the best you should neck yourself right now.
>>
>>388029236
I play multiplayer games to be the best by utilizing the style I most enjoy. If you sacrifice your own values to be a top scorer in some online game then maybe you should neck yourself.
>>
>>388029236
gtfo this board, summerfag.
>>
File: 1385060667789.jpg (567KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1385060667789.jpg
567KB, 1280x720px
>>388020839
>Looks better than 4honor
>Netcode seems decent
>Decent style and visualss
>Sounds are meh but servicable

Sure, I'm sold.
>>
>>388029236
i don't have enough time to do something like that, i'm not a teenager anymore

i have solid instincts/reflexes to be in the top 20% of any game, that's good enough for me
>>
>>388029648
>25 bucks
>>
>>388029236
This why I always enjoy Battlefield style online games the most. Just being part of a big playground having fun for fun's sake is the most enjoyable type of multiplayer for me. The rise of "competitive" mode is murdering online games these days.
>>
>>388031978

They helped popularise the games to a new record height. The fact you don't like it doesn't mean it's being murdered by any means.
>>
>>388031978
People have grown a lot more conscious of the time they are wasting, so now its like, why would I have fun with this game if I can play this one and try to be """pro""" at it
>>
Pre-ordered it last month, hoping to make a character with mostly kick attacks.
>>
>>388032804
Seems like what everyone is going for
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.