[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THAT GAY SHIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: jF76DTt.png (369KB, 663x657px) Image search: [Google]
jF76DTt.png
369KB, 663x657px
>it's an action game that makes you repair your gear
>>
>>388017104
>A rapper that starts making songs that sound like some shit off adventure time
>>
>>388017708
>a guy on a video games board who doesn't talk about video games
>>
Weapon durability is a decent mechanic, fight me.

It lets you balance powerful weapons around high maintenance requirements to prevent them from being too useful and rewards a player who has the sense to stock up and use-repair-kit-on-weapon after using it a lot.

Fallout 4's weapon balance got kinda out of whack when they removed weapon durability. You have a fallout game where the alien blaster is complete ass, what the heck is that?
>>
>>388018243
The game i'm referring to does the opposite. the unique quality weapons with high stats are the most durable while the lower tier generic weapons need repairs more often
>>
>>388018965
Well, what would make sense to me is
>Low tier equipment is just kind of crappy as starter equipment
>Mid tier equipment is a durable workhorse
>high tier equipment produces great results but needs a lot of care

talking RPGs anyway
>>
I liked what they did in Dark Souls 2, where weapon durability was faster but bonfires restored it.

It added an extra challenge to keep in mind on your way to the next bonfire, making it more of test of endurance. Better than in the other games where it was just an arbitrary number you should replenish after a while.

Sadly they fucked it up and made it degrade twice as fast on higher framerates.
>>
>>388019603
I played it at 60 and it was genuinely never a problem for me.

The only weapon it was kind of an issue on was the MLGS (which happened to be my main weapon) but it felt like it was meant to degrade that quickly. I just carried around a bunch of repair powders.
>>
Equipment durability and non repairable equipment was really nice in Stalker. It forced you to try out different things.
>>
File: 1501386892623.png (319KB, 482x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501386892623.png
319KB, 482x409px
>>388017104
>Enemies can convert of of wakeup
>>
why did bloodborne even have this?
>>
>>388017104
Fuck off Tyler, I can't stop listening to Where the flowers bloom
>>
>weapons degrade and break
>no way to repair them
>>
>Even with a skill weapon can only be repaired with other extremely rare weapons
>>
>a trashy loser weirdo of a rapper who's fanbase consists of rejects and herbs
>>
>lots of in game magic that involves debuffs and damage over time spells
>99% of bosses are conveniently immune to these spells
>>
>edgy rapper referencing an edgy white supremacist comedian
that's some gay shit
>>
Fallout repairing was fun okay.
>>
>>388023438
South Park had the opposite problem
>loads of DoT and debuffs that work on every boss
>bosses have loads of health
>each fight would be just letting loose all debuffs and waiting for them to die
>>
>>388019818
>I played it at 60 and it was genuinely never a problem for me.
Didn't they patch it? Maybe that's why.
>>
File: 1497439986553.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497439986553.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>388023827
not him but I played it at launch and it didn't bother me either.
then again I never play with katanas, my character opting for much larger weapons.
>>
>>388021825
My nigga
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.