[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Failed Kickstarter games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 351148032.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
351148032.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
I seriously hope you didn't fall for the kickstarter meme again. This game has turned into vaporware
>>
I have faith
>>
Number 1 rule of the internet: Never send money to Russians over the internet
>>
File: Death is waiting outside.webm (3MB, 353x420px) Image search: [Google]
Death is waiting outside.webm
3MB, 353x420px
Demo alone was worth it desu
>>
What happened? I tried playing this game a week ago and I couldn't do it because of how clunky it felt and the gibberish speak.
I was hoping the remake would save it.
>>
>>388018336
>Needing a remake to save Pathologic
>Especially when the HD rerelease retranslated the whole game into readable English
>>
Update when?
>>
Is it worth to play it?
>>
I backed it.
Surely the russians won't scam me.
I love pathologic and void
>>
>>388016146
Ice-Pick Lodge have a documented history on delivering their projects both to publishers and crowd-funding crowd.
That said, this game ain't worth shit - the updated original one is all you need.
>>
File: 2015-10-29_00003.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29_00003.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>388016146
>This game has turned into vaporware
It'll be out eventually knowing the devs

They just need to stop getting drunk and wandering around woods with Baba Yaga first
>>
>>388016146
Isn't there a demo out already?
>>
>>388016146
They did say it'd be released in autumn 2017; they haven't broken that promise yet.
>>
I didn't even know there was a Pathologic remake in the making. Why, they weren't satisfied with the Classic HD?

Their other games are good so a new one might have been better...The Void was their most interesting one to me.
>>
>>388016146
>playable demo.
>vaporware.
Just like Bannerlord is waporware when people played it at gamescon.
>>
>>388021578
>they weren't satisfied with the Classic HD?
They made Classic HD after starting to make a remake, as I recall. Just to make a definitive edition of old game.

>Old Pathologic was also our first work; we were an unexperienced team that learned a lot by trial and error in the process. We had to abandon many details and ideas then. Now we have the experience and the skills needed to make Pathologic work as is should have worked from the start. New Pathologic will have modern graphics; the script will be extended and reworked. There'll be an advanced AI in the game, and the mechanics will be thought through much better.
>We are making Pathologic once again to truly realize the original vision while preserving the good things we've already managed to create.
>It's not a remake. It's a reimagining.
>>
>>388021578
IIRC, this one will be a different plot and location.
>>
>>388022062
>>388022214
I see, well, they haven't disappointed me anyway. I hope it's not as punishing even if that detracts from the atmosphere.
>>
I haven't played the game, was gonna get it before I found out they're working on a remake. Should I hang on?
>>
>>388022964
Play Classic HD to see if you enjoy the style. It's cheap and they deserve your money, but pirating isn't something they actively hate.
>>
Tried to play original, and years later Classic HD. Both times thought it was too pretentious.
>>
>>388016146

Eh. It's IPL. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if it takes a bit longer to get here, it should be a good experience.
>>
>>388023169
I've no problem paying for it, just don't want to get a lesser experience. Have heard the translation is iffy, and for such an atmosphere reliant game I'd imagine improved visuals would go a long way
>>
>>388020021
Try the free demo on the steam page. If you like that and don't want to wait for the remake, play the classic hd version, which is still a great experience on it's own if you don't mind the few rough edges
>>
>>388023484
Classic HD has improved translation and current visuals work fine. Go try it, you'll only improve your experience with remake if you play original.
>>
>>388016146
>Kickstarter didnt reach expanded Abbatoir and Termitary stretch goal
We will NEVER see it
>>388023484
Translation of Classic HD is ok
It doesnt mean game is easy to understand
>>
>>388024081
Is it more or less difficult to understand than E.Y.E
>>
>>388024081
>We will NEVER see it
They'll at least try to bring it as updates/DLCs when the game's out and they have the money... R-right?
>>
>>388025353

Way easier, writing is good even though it can be pretty fucking obtuse at points. I only played a bit, this thread is making me want to finish it.
>>
>>388025353
Pathologic is easier because E.Y.E doesnt make any sense
>>388025434
I dont think Dybowski works like this
>>
>>388016146
Were there any updates on progress on this since the Q4 2017 release date and demo?
>>
God, I hope it won't be such a buggy mess as the original.
>>
File: KGhXvU-i.jpg (18KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
KGhXvU-i.jpg
18KB, 240x240px
>Jelly Realms
>shitty Match Three Puzzle game with RPG elements.
There's a demo out there, but you can only play it on Firefox for some fuck all reason.
>>
>>388028747
So it's like 1000000 or whatever that games is called?
>>
anyone who pays into a kickstarter is a literal cuck
>>
>>388029025
Think more like Puzzles & Dragons. The people who made the Kickstarter also makes plushes, and their plan was to make their plushes into pseudo-amiibos with the game.
>>
File: 271561825.jpg (50KB, 500x787px) Image search: [Google]
271561825.jpg
50KB, 500x787px
>>388016146
It is 100% going to get delayed again. Hopefully it's not going to be a one year delay
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.