[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawn of war 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Dawn_of_War_III_Cover.png (206KB, 246x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_of_War_III_Cover.png
206KB, 246x350px
so, general opinion is that its garbage, this much i know. but WHY exactly is it garbage? and could it still be fun in a solo/compstomp capacity? i just got my half off coupon and im considering it just because i dont have anything else to play right now.
>>
>>388012024
It's basically DotA with minimum RTS elements added as extra. SP is an afterthought that insults your intelligence by having more tutorials and handholding than FF13.
>>
>>388012024
>wanting to compstomp Relic's retard AI
>ever
>>
>>388012024
It's worse than garbage, it's boring.
>>
>>388012418
>>388012564
thats a shame to hear, but alright then. thanks for the heads up, im not really interested in a tutorial based SP.

>>388012504
>not bullying the special kid
shit taste
>>
>>388012024
>but WHY exactly is it garbage?
It's flawed in pretty much every aspect. The game isn't even worth the time of listing it all.
Name any aspect and there's probably a flaw in that aspect.
>>
>>388012024
It's like they wanted to appeal to several different audiences without fully committing to any single one and ended up with a game that's unsatisfying to all of them.
>>
>>388013445
Pretty much this.
LETS MAKE TRADITIONAL RTS
LETS MAKE DAWN OF WAR 1 STYLE RTS
LETS MAKE DAWN OF WAR 2 STYLE RTT
LETS MAKE DOTA
LETS DO ALL OF THOSE AT ONCE

And so you got a shallow shitshow that tries to be all of those things and ends up being none, being simplistic and shallow representative in any of above cases.

It's simply a godawful game and why I have 0 faith in Relic to make the AoE1-3 remakes and AoE4 good.

Not to mention it's infested with pseudo microtransactions with the paid hero units, just like the microtransaction cancer in CoH2 with FotM doctrines and shit, not to mention CoH2 being straight up worse than CoH1 in pretty much every way anyway and not having proper mod support, only very limited one with most of the important stuff being encrypted and unmoddable.

Fuck Relic, fuck CoH2 and fuck DoW3.
>>
>>388013823
>not to mention CoH2 being straight up worse than CoH1 in pretty much every way
WRONG
>>
>>388013881
Okay, I enjoy the superior quantities of slav butthurt, but that's it.
>>
>>388013881
>Smaller scale
>Varied doctrines removed, instead replaced by Pay2Win microtransactions with monthly new overpowered FotM commanders you can only reliably get by paying
>HUD taking 1/3 of the screen
>Camera at max zoom out being 20% closer to the ground than it was in CoH1
>Balance even worse than CoH1
>Literally straight up less everything than in CoH1, less techs per faction, less units per faction, less content overall smaller maps etc
>BUT IT HAS 3D FOG SO THAT MAKES IT BETTER
No.
>>
>>388012024
I'm mainly mad at how they didn't bother getting the VAs back, when it's their performances that made the Blood Ravens such a popular and relatable chapter.
>>
>>388015492
This has probably something to do with the ongoing VA strike, not much they can do on that part.
>>
>>388015754
They could have written in different characters for the main stage; DoW2 proved that a good enough performance will endear people to new ones.
I get that they wanted name recognition, but it's the voices that are responsible for 90% of their characters' appeal.
>>
>>388014404
Don't forget worse voice acting, worse music, worse graphics and VFX (even though it came out 7 years later!), etc.

CoH2 is just hot trash and the only people who defend it are idiot babies who love loot crates, or never got into CoH 1 and don't have a point of reference.
>>
>>388016125
Graphics in CoH2 are frankly on par with CoH1. It looks borderline like a mod for CoH1 which is legit a problem.
And modded CoH1 has MUCH better visuals than CoH2.
CoH1 with Blitzkrieg mod just puts CoH2 to shame in every single way.

But yeah, music is worse because they got rid of Jeremy Soule and got literally who instead.
Same with voice actors, they got rid of the good VAs and got literally who new ones.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.