[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, remember Uplink? Uplink was cool let's talk about it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (20KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
20KB, 460x215px
Hey, remember Uplink? Uplink was cool let's talk about it.
>>
>>388007476
In the missions where you had to investigate a suspicious transfer of money, I liked how you could just take the money for yourself if you had the right tools.

Really good soundtrack, too.
>>
>>388007476
own this but haven't played it, what's it like? how long is it, is it something I can throw a few hours at when I find I have them or does it require a lot of time investment to play properly?
>>
>>388009051
Depends, you could play it endlessly, but if just want to finish the story arc roughly 15 hours max, if you git gud in the process. UplinkOS is alright.
>>
>>388009280
Alright, thanks. And what's it like to play, not entirely clear on the gameplay, it was something a friend got me a while back.
>>
Would be nice if it didnt look like fucking ass in 1080p. And that mod that guy made added shitty gameplay changes.
>>
I never managed to git gud at it, my go-to strategy was always to bounce between a billion proxies, then pick one point and delete all the logs(usually that tutorial server). Not sure if this was good or not.
>>
I wish this had gotten a proper sequel in a modern engine with UI fixes. I tried all the other "hacking" games but Uplink is still my favourite, despite its simplistic gameplay.
>>
>>388009704
Make InterNIC your first point and then bounce over a billion different proxies. Delete InterNIC logs when you're done.
>>
>>388009823

I did this and think I kept getting caught. Maybe I wasn't fast enough.
>>
What crimes did you put on people's records when you needed them arrested?
>>
>>388009704
It's not that hard really, depending on your objective.
>Contract: Destroy server
>Is a mainframe? If yes, connect to public access server and call the admin while having voice voice analyzer open
>Bounce to mainframe while using public server of target as bounce just before mainframe
>Make sure to run all bypasses at 5
>Hack password
>Get into console, type cd usr, delete, cd sys, delete, shutdown
>Alternatively, upload Revelation and run it via console
>Delete access logs on first bouncepoint
>Get reward
Rinse and repeat until you are bored.

>>388009894
Understand active and passive traces. Depending on what you hack, a passive trace can be quite fast, so either need a very long bounce to your target or make sure your bounce servers are secure, like government sites or banks.
>>
>>388009972
Furry
>>
>>388007476
no one remembers uplink because /v/ is a board for teenagers
>>
>>388009628
>look like fucking ass in 1080p
Glad you mentioned that. You might see something that'll fix that in the future.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.