[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he lethal or non lethal canonically in HR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Adam_Jensen.jpg (161KB, 416x306px) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Jensen.jpg
161KB, 416x306px
Was he lethal or non lethal canonically in HR?
>>
File: 3845539-adam+blades.jpg (374KB, 1280x1995px) Image search: [Google]
3845539-adam+blades.jpg
374KB, 1280x1995px
He kills people in the comics.
>>
>>388004261
Lethal, Malik is alive as of MD and that can only be really achieved in lethal playthrough. Non-lethal is theoretically doable but requires a ton of restarts and absolutely perfected run and you still need to go lethal at the very end to actually save her.
>>
>>388004261

In Mankind Divided if you watch the 10 minute recap video of Human Revolution it shows him killing a ton of people.
>>
I'd imagine he'd spare lives when feasible but wouldn't hesitate to take them, guy was SWAT and all.

>>388005050
It can take a couple redos but honestly once you get a handle on it it's not way too hard compared to lethal. You need an EMP for the boxbot and some tranqs, if you have that and start bolting the moment the scene starts it's plenty feasible.
>>
>>388005050
Bullshit, all you need is the stim bars or whatever are called on hotkey and heavy takedown. i did it first try on my first playthrough.
>>
>>388005050
All you need is a stun gun and emp grenades.

It's incredibly easy if you aren't retarded.
>>
>nonlethal
When will this shitty meme end? Only beta male fags enjoy doing that kind of shit.
>>
>>388005956
>Only beta male fags enjoy making a security team realise they could have been killed if their attacker wanted it
Non lethal is showing them how beneath you they are.
>>
>>388005956
>>388006059
I genuinely don't understand people doing full non-lethal.
I understand doing un-seen but non-lethal is just dumb.
I try to avoid enemies but if there's one in my path, a path that's faster and more convenient, then I'll simply take him out quietly and move on on my merry way.

>showing them how beneath you they are
They're fucking game 1s and 0s anon, they aren't real people, they can't think for themselves and they can't hold grudges or be embarassed. You're a moron.
>>
>>388006129
People do non-lethal because it turns a mindlessly easy game into an actual challenge that requires some kind of planning and thought.

The game is a fucking joke when you just crawl in a straight line and headshot everybody with your silent pistol.
>>
>>388006129
It's called having fun, I don't know if you've heard of it before.
>>
>>388004513
which of the two last panels are meant to be read first?
>>
>>388004261
nonlethal until malik
>>
>>388006129
>They're fucking game 1s and 0s anon, they aren't real people, they can't think for themselves and they can't hold grudges or be embarassed. You're a moron.
>says the fuck that thinks he is alpha for killing those 1 and 0
>>
>>388006227
>>388006230
For me taking out enemies in my path and hiding their corpses is the "fun" part. You just have autism, clearly.
>>
>>388006249
It's a western comic, to left to right.
>>
>>388006310

Watch the recap video from MD. You'll see that lethal is canon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmeGHHWvSM
>>
File: smug vergil.png (28KB, 101x106px) Image search: [Google]
smug vergil.png
28KB, 101x106px
>>388006382
>He needs to resort to the easy way of taking down enemies
>>
>>388006382
>you have autism because you like the non-lethal playstyle more

You know not being able to understand how people can hold different opinions is a huge indicator for autism in children, right?
>>
>>388006382
You and the two other guys have autism
>>
>>388006382
>Hiding the corpses in a lethal run.
there are usually no survivors to report them.
>>
>>388006541

Honestly, in these modern games there's nothing easier or harder about being lethal or nonlethal. For nonlethal options they give you long range tranquilizers, short range stun guns, and a nonlethal takedown. It's no different from the lethal options of long range rifles, short range pistols, and a lethal takedown. People you knock out are out for the rest of the game unless someone wakes them up (which can't happen if you hide bodies properly). Functionally, lethal and nonlethal are equivalent, there is nothing harder about taking down enemies nonlethally, it's just a matter of pressing the nonlethal button instead of pressing the lethal button.
>>
>>388005050
>Lethal, Malik is alive as of MD and that can only be really achieved in lethal playthrough

lmao fucking casual.
>>
>>388006897
It could be improved a lot if:
>takedowns played in real time
>lethal takedowns were the silent ones
>non-lethal takedowns take more time
Now taking out enemies non-lethally is actually a difficult choice because lethal is optimal for stealth but non-lethal lets you feel morally superior.

Of course it would be even better if enemies were a little more pro-active about missing colleagues and if XP was awarded for completing objectives instead of taking out enemies so now you also have incentive to try to avoid them altogether.
>>
>>388007523
Dishonored did that, minus the missing colleagues and XP bit, it wouldn't change things.
>>
>>388005050
>Malik is alive as of MD and that can only be really achieved in lethal playthrough.

A man ready to drop his ideals at the first sign of resistance, I see.
>>
>>388007523
>if enemies were a little more pro-active about missing colleagues and if XP was awarded for completing objectives instead of taking out enemies

This is a brilliant idea. It's super shitty how avoiding every enemy is the hardest thing to do, but also is literally an objectively inferior way to play because it makes you miss out on tons of XP/points/money/whatever that are awarded from taking down enemies.
>>
>>388008160
not disagreeing with you but Jensen was SWAT, he's no stranger to killing, and the corporate security aren't exactly good people either.
if you rush the elevator before the dropship explodes the drag her out and execute her.
>>
>>388008053
Dishonored could've gone a bit further with it but it did do it a lot better than HR did. It also helped that your playstyle affected the world. Maybe the high chaos/low chaos thing isn't feasible for every game but it could be that certain characters will treat you differently based on your actions or that enemies might be more cautious if you're known to slaughter them. But I guess that's all extra work for devs.
>>
>>388007523
stealth in general is lacking in most games
needs something like in payday where enemies check on each other via comm
>>
>>388008843
Didn't HR did the same?
you'd get difrent responsses from NPCs depending on lethal or non-lethal playthroughs
>>
>>388009218
yeah, but they gave you more leeway
after all, you're supposed to be a dishonored bodyguard, they can turn their heads if you decided to vent, so long as you don't kill a vip they need alive
>>
>>388009349
But after writing this, that's pretty much Jensen too isn't it?
You get your ass clobbered so hard you lose a limb and your intestines, people should look the other way too, but they don't cause muh human lives killed by robit
Jensen...had a hard life.
>>
>>388009349
i though if you killed people they would shun you even if you let the VIPs alive
>>
>>388009526
Most of them didn't give a shit, because 98% of the characters were corrupt. But those with a compass hated you, like Sam and the bartending wenches.
>>
>>388009451
didn't see this.
I gess you could say he was not intrested in it
>>
>>388009218
I can't think of too many. I know Pritchard has something to say about the way you handle the Sarif hostage situation. Are there any others?

It would be nice if there were people who refused to work with you based on your reputation, or others who would appreciate your willingness to get your hands dirty (or keep them clean, as the case may be).
>>
When does this game get better? It's just a boring first-person stealth-action game that's not even good.
>>
>>388009712
I always liked systems like that. I know it's a different beast of a game but I liked the whole thing in Romancing Saga where getting a reputation for being a greedy mercenary made other greedy mercenaries interested in you. It's that sort of changing to your playstyle that I enjoy.
>>
>>388004261
Well considering you kill all of the bosses. I'd say lethal though he probably goes non-lethal when that option is easier.
>>
>>388009673
what a shame
>>
>>388009623
>>388009623
so yeah even if you let the the VIPs alive they still hate you.
>>388009712
the police guy tries to kill you i think. can't remember
>>
>>388009936
Undercover prostitute would hate it if you kill people, cause that's "evidence tampering"
O'Malley dude also doesn't like killing a particular dude cause that's his guy
your old sniper buddy gets fucked if you fuck around the precinct, tries to kill you
Tong hates it if you kill his top guys
chinese prostitute doesn't give a damn, but gets angry if you get her girl killed
Pritchard just snarks at you
Sarif just..says what's basically the equivalent of a dad speech saying "son I'm dissapoint but I understand"
>>
Lethal/non-lethal is better in the original, not only because it affects gameplay more significantly, but because the character elements are tied to it quite well.

Most of UNATCO really don't mind if you go full-lethal, sometimes even congratulating you for kicking NSF butt, the other agents appreciate you more and the approach your brother takes is ridiculed, which is quite the sensible thing to do:
>Gas grenades against people that are shooting you with automatics.

Through this you can surmise that Paul is quite sympathetic to the NSF even before he defects completely, as is the case with the armory fella.

This is where HR goes wrong, the difference in opinions between going lethal/non-lethal feels very 50/50 in the feedback you get, there's no large divide or significant character interaction tied to it, it's a throwaway comment either way.
>Hey Jensen, those terrorists deserved it! Yeah!
>Uhh, that was a bit over the top.
>Let the police handle this
>Great job with handling that nutcase!

The player is never really given the option to feel like he's doing something wrong.
>>
>>388010187
I realy need to replay the game.
>>
>>388007523
>lethal takedowns were the silent ones
>non-lethal takedowns take more time
I can see it working both ways. Enemies that are slowly being strangled should definitely make more noise than ones getting a blade through the skull though, I agree.
>>
>>388010187
That'd breddy gud actually. All I really remembered was the woman who asked me to kill some dude and I was entirely prepared to refuse the job because I'm a bleeding heart pussy and then she said "well just knock him out then I'm sure he'll get the message lol same dif"
>>
>>388010601
that's part 2 of chinese prostitute's little errand for you, she doesn't like it if you don't kill the bastard agent 47 style though, cause she can't continue putting the dirt on the soon-to-be dead bastard
There's also the triad dude asking you to play loan shark, doesn't like it when you kill the girl you're trying to extort from cause "dead people don't pay debts"
>>
>>388010478
Yeah, that's the angle I was going for. But also from a gameplay perspective, I feel like there should be some more effort involved in taking the "moral" option. In HR, non-lethal was the better option for stealth, gave more XP, AND lets you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>388006227
>People do non-lethal because it turns a mindlessly easy game into an actual challenge that requires some kind of planning and thought.

Ever tried ghosting?
>>
>>388005050
>Malik is alive as of MD and that can only be really achieved in lethal playthrough.
Looks like someone needs to git gud.
>>
I really want more deus ex-like games
>>
File: uma delicia.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
uma delicia.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>388011845
Granted. Two games. One by Bethesda, one by EA
>>
>>388012124
Sounds fun
>>
>>388011845
Yeah.

Fuck, I might just replay Prey even though I disliked it, maybe Dishonored and MD too.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>388012189
Has to pay $300 to get off the start menu. Every time.
>>
>>388012237
>Being such a casual that he needs to see the start menu more than once instead of finishing in one sitting
>>
>>388012412
>implying that being casual affects bugginess of the game
>implying that it doesn't crash 5 times in a second
>>
>>388011089
Ghosting highland Park was the best. Played the level yesterday and found so many new routes even after I played through it 5 times.
>>
>>388012541
Only 5 times, damn son you must have one impressive rig, mine crashes every time i think of the game.
>>
>>388013047
Todd pls
fix Skyrim Switch
>>
>>388013151
But it just works :)
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.