[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Such an underrated awesome game, why the hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: ps2_362(2).jpg (2MB, 3202x2141px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_362(2).jpg
2MB, 3202x2141px
Deep racing/car combat, metal soundtrack, cool and long campaign, lots of different cars with different strengths and weaknesses.
I never understood the hate this game gets and it's absence from the PS3 remaster editions.
Best track IMO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cA78-Mjy5E&app=desktop
>>
It had a glitch that would corrupt your memory card on certain PS2 models.
>>
>>387985169
essential gottagofast kino on ps2
>>
>>387985492
Just realized best girl boobs jiggle in the intro.
>>
>>387985169
one of the reasons those PS2 action adventure games never had the success previous similar games got despite being way superior is that large parts of the fanbases of those series shunned everything that was just slightly different thant things from before
>>
It's the only actual good game made by Naughty Dog after Precursor Legacy
>>
>>387985876
You're anon, i love Jak & Daxter but Jak 2 is the best imo, the story/characters, the GTA style city and weapons were all awesome to me, but nowadays it's everyone shits on it cause ooh it's edgy and shit guess what idiot it's rated T for teens no man children.
>>
>>387985169
I loved Jak X. Favorite song was Track 05.
https://youtu.be/YZKfGWv-thw

Wished they had real names for the songs but I just made one up for it when I downloaded it. Called it "Eco and Asphault".
>>
>>387985169
Legitimately one of the better racing games on PS2
>>
>>387987225
The track does have a name it's called Ancient and the one in the OP is called Rev up.
>>
File: tumblr_mbjh1sjwJF1qdt01to1_500.gif (909KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbjh1sjwJF1qdt01to1_500.gif
909KB, 500x252px
>>
>>387985382
this fucking shit
it hangs on autosave and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>387988174
Let's hope the PS4 remaster fixes this and hopefully includes an online mode.
>>
>>387988595
the original game had an online mode
>>
>>387988664
I know but will it be playable? Syphon Filter Omega Strain didn't have online when they put it on PS3, but since they will add trophies i'm hoping it will have it.
>>
>>387986425
CTR says hi.
>>
>>387990468
That was made before Precursors Legacy. Read my post before you reply
>>
>>387990530
Still wrong Jak 2 & 3 are great games.
>>
>>387990573
Nope they are not
>>
>>387986425
Hey now, Jak 3 is fine. It fixed most of 2's issues and even gave us more platforming.
>>
>>387990614
Git gud.
>>
>>387990757
I've beaten them, still does not make them good games
>>
>>387988174
>>387988595

You could ""fix"" the bug on ps2 by playing with no memory card inserted, so the game wouldn't even try to autosave, and then insert the card and manually save whenever you were done playing. No idea how that got past Sony QA, it wasn't exactly rare and "crashing on autosave" is the kind of bug that gets put at the top of priority lists.

Hopefully PS4 remaster uses the version of the game that was fixed. So basically not the initial print, or the Platnium print (yeah, when they re-released the game under Platnium edition they used the broken version). If ps4 version is broken it will be litterally unplayable because you can't take out the HDD while playing to prevent autosave.

And sadly they confirmed no online multiplayer. Which is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>387991010
>And sadly they confirmed no online multiplayer. Which is a fucking travesty.
Fuck any source on that?
>>
Is this game actually good? Will I enjoy it even if I found Jak II and 3 to be mixed bags?

>>387985382
That's because Sony cheaped out on the later PS2 models and replaced the PS1 CPU with an emulator.
>>
>>387991137
I don't know anon download the ISO and tryvit on PCSX2or burn it on dvd and play it on real hardware try it for yourself, personally i love it but then again i love Jak 2&3, Jak 2 >J&D>Jak3.
>>
>>387990663
>Hey now, Jak 3 is fine. It fixed most of 2's issues and even gave us more platforming.

REEEEEEE Jak 3 sucks and you are patantly wrong REEEEE

Jak 3 fixed nothing except difficulty (if you count that as a flaw) and was designed so it had 0 missable collectables (litterally the only improvement).

> shorter, way shorter than Jak 2. I've played both games a ton and 2 usually takes me ~10 hours and 3 is under 6
> less platforming. You are wrong. Jak 3 has so little platforming it's embarrassing. Go and replay it and see how long it takes to do any regular Jak jumpin/shooting gameplay after the tutorial. It's not until the Volcano mission which is near the end of Act 1. Meanwhile Jak 2 had Deadtown, Pumping Station, Sewers, Fortress, Drill Platform, Strip Mine and Palace Support Beam all before end of Act 1 (out of 5, whereas 3 only had 3 acts)
> pants on head retarded story

Jak 3 is amoung Naughty Dogs worst games. It barely did anything new. Was super short and the story was full of random shit never alluded to, while simultaneously dropping most of the stuff foreshadowed in 2.

Fuck Jak 3.
>>
>>387991470
A significant portion of Jak 2 playtime is just driving to the next mission which is always on the other side of the city
>>
>>387991470
>foreshadowed in 2

Like what? It's been years since I played these games.
>>
>>387991565
I found that to be the case a lot in Jak 3 too.
Especially since part of the city is destroyed so you often had to go the long way around to get to your destination.
>>
So when can we expect the ps4 remasters?
>>
>>387992009
PSX or November i'm guessing.
>>
>>387991605
In Jak 2 they flat out say that the Metal Heads caused the Precursors to die out, which 3 retcons completly to introduce the Dark Makers. The precursors being ottsels was also 100% made up during Jak 3, they even talk about it on the commentary you can unlock. The Precursor Egg in Jak 2 reveals a light humanoid. According to Jak 3 this is a hologram decoy thing, but why the fuck would Kor (who wanted to eat the last Precursor egg and win the war that had been going for Millenia) not know what a real Precursor egg looked like.

Plus near the end of Jak 2 Samos and Onin both hint-hint-nudge-nudge that Jak is THE Mar, and more time travel is going to happen. Jak 3 pisssteps around this and makes Jak's birth name Mar and he's actually a descendant.

I truly believe that after Jak 2 the intention was another time travel to a whole new landscape. Just as 1 was to 2, but Sony only gave them a year to make the game and some of the high-ups at Naughty Dog left during this time, so Jak 3 couldn't forfill what was expected after 2.

If you look at 2 in isolation, it's obvious there's no intention for a direct sequel taking place immidietly after. It ends like Return of the Jedi, all the bad guys are dead and everyone's partying. That's why 3 needed to invent 3 seperate villains (Count Vegar and a council we heard nothing about, Errol surviving and leading a robot army that had no reason not to be in the hands of Ashlien/Torn and super dark scary space aliens. I mean look how contrived the beginning of 3 is: after single handily saving the city and being cheered on as a hero, suddenly everyone turns on him and kicks him out, and everyone you met in 2 is powerfless to stop a previously unknown political force from doing it.

How was Krew's super secret deal with the metal heads known about, but not Jak's very public acts of saving the city.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.