[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Valve get away with everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: valve.png (982KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
valve.png
982KB, 1920x1080px
Why does Valve get away with everything?
>>
File: 47896849-animal.jpg (16KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
47896849-animal.jpg
16KB, 340x450px
I play cs:go because I want to play cs 1.6
>>
>>387984449
I don't play CS:GO because I want to play 1.6.
>>
While I perfectly agree that Valve is real lazy since a few years now, this comparison is really stupid.

Sure the CSGO profile is really tame, especially the achievements that nobody cares about, but having something similar to SC2 wouldn't make the game really better.
>>
>>387984326
Oh no, Valve is the worst! How else will 14-year-olds post achievements on message boards nobody else gives half a fetid shit about?
>>
>>387984326
These things are more important for RTS than for FPS
>>
Less is more
>>
>>387987026
war is peace
>>
>>387987048
Freedom is slavery
>>
because we get to buy games for pennies, while indie developers continue to live on ramen noodles, and if they don't fix our bugs, we will write a negative review and write a witty one-liner reddit post about how bad it is.
>>
>>387986951
Knowing how someone plays, like what weapons they use, the frequency of buying/using certain important items like grenades and armor, weapon preference, kill/death ratio, headshot to bodyshot ratio, weapon accuracy, and so on goes a long way to showing if someone actually deserves their rank. If CS:GO had SC2s robust system we could finally put this "ELO Hell" meme to death.
>>
>>387984326
What on earth would knowing if you win more as SAS or GIGN even give you? It's not like you have a choice in the matter, same goes for Terrorists or CT's you have to play both sides in a match so your winrate on either is hardly ever relevant unless your absolute dogshit at one side.
If you want a message thing you can just post that on your steam profile.
>>
>>387987205
Who really cares anyway, everyone buys the same shit. If people don't buy the same shit in your match then you're more than likely on low ranks and there are far more issues you need to fix with yourself first before you start looking at what enemy does. What strategic info you will get from knowing that 4 of the enemy team prefer using ak's, 1 uses AWP, all buy grenades, 3 use deagles, 1 uses glock and 1 uses kek9? I would say that those stats distract you more than anything, especially if we are talking accuracy stats, that will either make you too overly cautious or disregard everything "because the guy only has 20% accuracy with the awp, LEL"
>>
>>387987205
>more excuses to bitch and moan about teammates
Excellent, exactly what CSGO needs, good job fixing what is wrong with the game and taking steps towards making the community a better place.

Nobody gives a shit about how you personally feel about their rank, no amount of "Well I have a higher headshot to bodyshot ration ergo I'm better!" "NO! I have a higher overall K/D I'm BETTER REEEEEEEEEEE!" will change shit.
>>
>>387987446
Its not just about stats what about a proper fucking match history that displays ELO gained and lost. Why is ELO hidden? Why is it that we cant report anyone after the match is over?

And I dont want anyone spouting that >flooding Overwatch meme. This is literally the only competitive game where I can't report players after the match is over.
>>
>>387984326
Valves Matchmaking system Caters to one type of People, Esports, wannabe Casuals who only Care about their rank and nothing else.
>>
>>387987864
If get your rank, Valve learned from Dota, no point in telling everyone above 6k what their exact rank is because it doesn't even matter while at the same time discouraging people lower as the gap seems wider than it really is.
Matchmaking itself works in broad enough tiers so knowing your exact elo would only give for even more bitching about rank.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.