[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game did it for you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: whomp ronnie.jpg (225KB, 600x1125px) Image search: [Google]
whomp ronnie.jpg
225KB, 600x1125px
What game did it for you.
>>
>>387981690
Dark Souls.
>>
Bad Company 2
>>
Enter The Gungeon. I was all set to hate it because it was another fucking roguelite and I'm sick to death of the genre. It won me over though. I don't want to like it though because I feel like I'm encouraging the further development of this godawful genre.
>>
Saints Row 4
>>
I was gonna say nothing because I'm not an autist, but:
>>387981727
has a point. The community took a nosedive after 1, and it was far less enjoyable for it.
>>
>>387981690
None because I'm not a fucking child.

The real issue is everybody liking games that are badly designed and obvious steps down from their predecessors
>>
>>387981690
I don't think I'm capable of feeling that. I don't dislike something because it's popular. I hardly take into account whether it is or isn't popular when I judge it. The people surrounding it are separate from the thing itself. I can however understand liking something a lot, but not being able to stand most of the fans. Liking something and not being able to happily discuss it with like-minded people is a bad feeling.
>>
>>387981846
Completely agree. I remember going to the Dark Souls 3 subreddit a few months ago, and it was just absolute cancer. The highest rated posts and comments were all literally people roleplaying as in-game characters and making cringey jokes with other roleplayers. They would actually prioritize the roleplay over actual productive discussion, giving out false information and then being upvoted past anything else for le memez. I cannot go back.
>>
I can't imagine being angry at liking something. I imagine the more things you like, the happier you become. However I am full of pettiness and hatred.
>>
>>387982274
I just hate how it became so meme-y in game. Like in DS1, sometimes after a good fight with an invader, we'd actually chat a short bit about builds, and strats. Invaders were sometimes an actual treat.
Now you get invaded by "WELCOME TO DARKSOULS" who ganks in the first zone and messages "git gud".

I know those fags were in DS1, but there were far less and they only appeared nearer the end of it's lifespan. I never thought I'd miss the invaders inside the portrait, but I'd gladly take them over what we have now.
>>
Doesn't happen to me anymore, which is a surprise given my contrarian nature. I think my time on /v/ got into my head and I started being more reasonable after shifting through all these extreme opinions.
>>
>>387981690
Undertale.
>>
DmC, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise and much better than its predecessors.
>>
>>387982912
That's pretty much what happens to everybody. You might not know it, but this place actually makes you a better person in the end.
>>
>>387983204
Piss off, Tameem.
>>
>>387982912
>When you get to be so contrarian you're a contrarian against other contrarians.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (3KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
3KB, 302x237px
>>387981690

There isn't one. Video games are great to talk to people about and share your experiences with.

If I was the last person on Earth, I would still play video games (actually I would probably kill myself, but whatever), but I would miss being able to talk to others about them.
>>
Dark Souls but only because pvp fags ruined pve.
>>
File: todd howard phantom.jpg (45KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
todd howard phantom.jpg
45KB, 220x330px
>>387981690
Skyrim, of course
>>
File: 1503167401663.png (178KB, 573x495px) Image search: [Google]
1503167401663.png
178KB, 573x495px
NieR Automata
>>
I don't get mad if I like something that everyone else likes, but I do sometimes get put off trying something if it becomes super popular and a bunch of people keep recommending it, unless I was also interested in it first.
>>
PUBG
>>
CoD4: Modern Warfare.
>>
File: LiS.jpg (312KB, 1600x874px) Image search: [Google]
LiS.jpg
312KB, 1600x874px
>>387981690
Life is Strange
>>
>>387981690
Undertale.

I enjoyed it way too much.
>>
>>387981690
>normies love it
>it's wasted potential
This is the worst feeling in the world.
>>
File: 1500831674685.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
1500831674685.png
107KB, 341x334px
Cinematic open world crafting insane hand-holding AAA game Horizon: Zero Dawn is pretty great
>>
>>387989604
You forgot the hamfisted SJW values.
>>
>>387989781
>you forgot spouting more memes
nah, not really
>>
>>387981690
Skyrim, and think it's better than oblivion.
>>
>>387982962
This
>>
Botw. Went in wanting to hate it
>>
>>387981690
Why do that when you can go into it with the worst attitude possible to ensure you hate it
>>
>>387982962
Same. But I'm not angry. I'm annoyed that I waited so long to play it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.