[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Arena shooters are completely dead, even on consoles. >Market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: lawbreakers-game.jpg (259KB, 1920x890px) Image search: [Google]
lawbreakers-game.jpg
259KB, 1920x890px
>Arena shooters are completely dead, even on consoles.
>Market dropped out on COD style DM with loadouts a few years ago and even the MW series is gurgling in the drain.
>BF series is the only surviving class based shooter.
>OW just nuked the hero shooter genre and even F2P hero shooters can't find an audience anymore.
>Survival shooters still going strong on PC, but PUBG's success will probably kill any new entries.

What's next for the FPS genre, guys?
>>
>>387980605
Jesus give it a bit. PUBG just came out this year and Overwatch was last year.

It might be a few years before we see something really new.
>>
SAVE US ROMERO
>>
>>387980605
I think classic deathmatch shooters are on their way out the door in general, at least for now.
>>
Same thing that happened to mmo genre. Death.
>>
Death, probably.
>>
File: 2573766-john_530_big.jpg (208KB, 530x424px) Image search: [Google]
2573766-john_530_big.jpg
208KB, 530x424px
Is PUBG actually an arena shooter though Tbh
>>387980684
>Romero
>multiplayer
>>
>>387980689
>>387980702
>>387980692
FPS is the most popular multiplayer genre, there's no way it can die.
>>
>>387980692
>Blizzard killed MMOs
>Blizzard kills FPS

Wew, I could blame Blizzard for RTS as well, but EA had a sizable part in that.
>>
>>387980605
Arena shooters were never even a thing on consoles. Arena shooters should be very fast paced and controller aiming basically kills that.
>>
>>387981047
Starcraft was the first casualized retard RTS so that was Blizz' fault as well, Command & Conquer didn't really get bad until after Generals Tbh
>>
>>387981121
Halo and all its clones are arena shooters. Just because they're all slow and janky due to shit controls, doesn't mean that they're not part of the genre.
>>
>>387981223
True, they're just really bad.
>>
>>387980605
>Market dropped out on COD style DM with loadouts a few years ago and even the MW series is gurgling in the drain.
I love it when /v/ says shit that's so blatantly wrong that it exposes the tiny bubble they live in.
>>
>>387981223
>>387981352
Halo isn't really an arena shooter, it's more like Battlefield Tbh
>>
>>387981491
4v4 and below Arena maps are basically like an Arena shooter, just without the interesting movement tech. Big team is just weird.
>>
>>387980605
I really don't understand what Cliffy was thinking when he made this. The market is bubbling over with shit like this how about instead of adhering to the trends to try to refine them. Doubt he has that kind of ability though.
>>
File: 1502654870442.jpg (30KB, 401x470px) Image search: [Google]
1502654870442.jpg
30KB, 401x470px
To think, Overwatch is the future of multiplayer shooters and soon you'll only be able to play it and whatever even worse games it inspires as all the good shit goes extinct.
It hurts. It fucking hurts. It's like in Chrono Trigger when you hear "This is... our future." only you can't even save it.
>>
>>387981615
Doesn't it still have health regen, weapon limit etc? Also seems a lot of modern games really do not do verticality well.
>>
>no item pickups
>no duel mode
>class based
>arena shooter

stop this meme.
>>
>>387980605
>F2P hero shooters
Paladins still lives tho.
>>
File: 1502023370476.jpg (32KB, 426x527px) Image search: [Google]
1502023370476.jpg
32KB, 426x527px
>>387980605
False. Low player count, sure, but that's with all niche groups. Even lawbreakers is doing relatively well, considering the market it exist in and the type of people it appeals to. It's a high skill ceiling arena shooter, so obviously people who aren't interested in getting better are gonna stick around. It's just like Quake. Even with Bethesda marketing behind it, Quake Champions won't be able to hold onto a significant percentage of people who try it or buy it, because most normies who jump into to it will get stomped and never come back. As an arena shooter fan I'm actually genuinely surprised and pleased. Between Quake beta, Lawbreakers, Siege and a smidge of Titanfall 2 (may it RIP), I'm having a blast with FPS'.
>>
>>387981912
There's a decent amount of verticality, more so than most modern games, but weapon limit and health regen are there. Weapon/item pick ups and controlling the map around them are still really important and there's no loadouts. It's obviously gimped for consoles but even in 5 it's obviously inspired from arena FPS map design.
>>
>>387981435
Name another COD style multiplayer game that has been successful in the last few years. Even AAAs like TF2 are DOA the moment they hit the market and COD itself has been seeing huge player base losses with each iteration.
>>
>>387980605

VR, probably.
>>
>>387982187
You're not allowed to like Quake or Lawbreakers because it doesn't fit the Overwatch and waifufag doctrine. You see it requires to much aiming and the character designs aren't catered towards the fanfic and deviant communities
>>
>>387980941
you're an idiot, popular things die out all the time. They die out more than unpopular things since unpopular things are aimed towards a niche audience who will appreciate what they get more than the average consumer who just eats up whatever is thrown their way.
>>
>>387981797
Don't worry WW3 will start soon so nothing matteres.
>>
>>387981491
holy shit, did you really just say halo is more like battlefield than an arena shooter?
>>
>>387980605
Death, hopefully.
>>
>>387982720
I only tried Halo a couple of times back in the day since I didn't own an xbox and didn't really like console games anyway, but I played a good bit of Battlefield Vietnam with a buddy and I felt like Halo was pretty similar.
>>
>>387982676
Popular things die out because they get replaced by other popular things. There's nothing out there that has the remotest chance of being able to replace FPS.
>>
>>387982187
Im not sure sub 300 players makes it playable you shill :^)
>>
>>
>>387982283
>tf2
>AAA
Now I know youre delusional
>>
>>387981178
starcraft BW was fine, it's starcraft 2 that did away with the skill requirements
>>
>>387980605
FPS genre died a long time ago.
>>
File: 1450647616306.gif (2MB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
1450647616306.gif
2MB, 299x168px
I want this to mean the death knell for the fps genre, but all it means is there's no perceived audience outside of this dried up shooter gold rush.
AAA marketing budgets have made this crash-ready industry too big to fail.
The only solution is a Final one for every underage shooter playing faggot, and then the entire world would be like Japan.
I just want my hobby back.
>>
>>387983598
I would say I want Japan to try their hand at shooters more often but knowing how shit their taste is, they'll probably just make something as slow and godawful as OW
>>
>>387983364

The RTS genre was pretty much dead even before SC2 came out.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.