[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so fucking fun and original? Why has no one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why is this game so fucking fun and original?
Why has no one tried to replicate it or made a third game?

Why can't we just have nice things?
>>
>>387974498
when people try to replicate it they forget the one thing

A FUCKING VERSUS MODE
>>
>>387974498
I remember the community for this being terrible, too many hackers and people who'd kick you for any reason.
>>
mate there are plenty of games that replicate it.

>>387974573
Killing Floor 2 has a versus mode but its apparently shit.
>>
>>387974498
>Why has no one tried to replicate it
They have, it's the shitty warhammer game filled with giant rats.
>>
>>387974680
>Miss one death charge
>OMFG DEWD CMON
>>
>>387974680

Maybe that's the result of something getting too popular.
Nowadays it's just full of scrubs.
>>
>>387974760
>>387974845

killing floor 2 is not exactly a left 4 dead clone

I mean more like Vermintide
>>
>>387974498
>Why has no one tried to replicate it or made a third game?
The single time Valve's autistic play testing methods work in their favour. Coop/multiplayer games have so many different facets that it's an outright fucking nightmare to develop. Anyone who has watched the developer commentaries in-game will notice this. Both L4D games marry the visual side with the mechanical side expertly, so not only is it fun to play, but it goes beyond that (the memes the series has spawned are an example of this).

As a side note, I think this is why most Valve devs dont want to make new games. If you're not being forced to, why put yourself under immense amount of stress when you can continue making the same amount of money for making fucking CSGO gloves?
>>
>>387974845
>Vermintide
>shitty
Lmao
>>
>>387974914
I wasnt really saying it was a clone but its a similar kind of horde shooter which also has a versus mode.
>>
>>387974867

Make a run for it when everybody is down and you're out of bullets.

>OMG DUDE HELP
>"press F1 to kick person"
>>
>>387974959
>If you're not being forced to, why put yourself under immense amount of stress

But Valve doesn't do deadlines though.
They have all the time in the world.
>>
>>387974971
>literal reskin of L4D down to the ammo pickups, carbon copy of specials like spitters and hunters, and even the same attempt at witty one liner humor and 4 characters

Enjoy your paid mod, I'll just stick with the main game.
>>
>>387974498
>original
>L4D2
are you fucking kidding me, mate?
>>
>>387975279
If you're committed to a project, you're gonna see it all the way through, regardless of a lack of deadlines. Just look at Erik Wolpaw. Guy was under so much stress during Portal 2 he was getting ill - and he was just the writer. I can't imagine the more technical guys. Again, why bother with any of that when you can just make gloves or Dota 2 updates?

They're shilling their VR games now, so there's that. What's surprising is that Chet seemed very passionate about it, but even he left the team.
>>
>>387974680
it is terrible yes, when the game had a bigger playerbase everyone just played for the win sure but they never kicked you. most would leave mid match but atleast you could continue playing. it's 50/50 you'll get kicked these days, i haven't had a worthwhile versus in months outside of the 20 man servers built for dumbness but even then people get kicked sometimes
>>
File: 550_screenshots_2015-03-04_00020.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
550_screenshots_2015-03-04_00020.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
>Too many friends for 4-player Expert Realism runs back in the day.
>Rotated round-robin style so we all got a chance to try Expert Realism runs
>Number of friends on Steam dwindles as the years go by
>H-heh... at least we don't need to rotate anymore, right, Tyson?
>Last Online: 3 years ago

Now it's just me diddling around in single player with whatever the most popular mods of the last six months are, fucking with the VOX mods to make the characters say the same stupid shit we used to be able to spam at each other on keybinds. Too bad the ability to spam Zoey's falling scream again in L4D2 came too late for me.
>>
>>387974845
>shitty

the only thing shitty here is your taste
>>
>>387978830
>Wrex.
>>
>>387978830

>dat Zoey nude mod though
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.