[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etrian Odyssey Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4870.jpg (980KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4870.jpg
980KB, 1920x1200px
EO thread anyone?
>>
File: Fortress.png (369KB, 488x928px) Image search: [Google]
Fortress.png
369KB, 488x928px
Posting best Fortress.
>>
>>387972992
I stopped playing Untold 2 at Scylla. I've completely forgot what to do so I'm lacking motivation to keep going. What is the best way to get myself back into it? Should I try running around the floor and practice up a bit?
>>
What does a man have to do to keep EO threads alive? God damn
I mean I know exactly what to do, but mods are fags and won't let me
>>
File: wow there goes my team again.png (484KB, 520x476px) Image search: [Google]
wow there goes my team again.png
484KB, 520x476px
>>387975009
It's pretty late and I'm guessing most are probably over on /vg/ anyway.
>>
>>387972992
Started playing the first one after last thread, just go to the first boss on floor 5. Holy fuck its annoying having new enemies jump into the fight. Is there a secret to dealing with all these wolves or do i just need to get lucky?
Also post wallpapers please.
>>
>>387975009
There's nothing to talk about until 5 and there's already been multiple threads every day that don't last.

>>387975542
The general is the same 2 people bumping the thread every hour with image dumps
>>
>>387972992
Remember mention a couple days ago about how I'm faffing about in EOU with a solo alchemist on stratum 4. Got caught up on a FOE blocking the way on floor 18. Thought I might switch up my grimoires and mess around with my skills and see if I can brute force my way through.
>>
>>387974371
In the context of your available resources at the time, Scylla is the hardest boss until postgame. Just a couple tips from what I can remember, keep Prevent Order up or die, level up Shock Sabre and Ice Wall, and don't worry about killing the tentacles once her health gets low.
>>
>>387976271
Thanks anon, I may give another go then.
>>
I love me some EO threads

I barely beat the Juggernaut in EOU2, goddamn what a pain in the ass. Didn't bother bombing him either because I couldn't figure it out. What horrors lay ahead after this asshole?
>>
Started the series with EO3 a few days ago. I was annoyed at how expensive threads were until realizing how hilariously easy it is to make dosh with the boat exploration/fishing thing in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>387975679
Original DS game or 3DS remake? In the original you have to walk close to the boss, then back off and retreat round the corner - he'll chase you. In the new one you buy those items that stun FOEs nearby from the shop and spam the shit out of them
>>
I remember playing the 4 game up till finishing the library and getting imperials . Don't remember anymore what happened but I just stopped playing and haven't returned since
>>
>>387977446
If you can take Juggernaut without the puzzle you're probably overlevelled so... not much? Basically a rerun of the other boss mechanics - first round ailment spam, summoned adds with a big nuke, element attacks on fixed turns.

Juggernaut is the boss I actually like in that game. More of a puzzle, less of a 'block on turn X'
>>
>>387975009
>keep EO threads alive
Don't. Don't bring this /vg/ cancer here. Actually, don't keep it there either. Just let it die. Every time you bump those threads you slightly decrease the quality of any and all future EO discussions forever.
>>
>>387976271
>Scylla is the hardest boss until postgame
I had way more trouble with the birb.
Scylla just required some careful turn planning and AoE spam to clear the tentacles. But the birb outright killed my party with the RNG attack spam, when it landed on the same character several times in a row.
>>
The most important question,

what class did you self insert as?
>>
>>387978742
The general keeps to itself mostly. I haven't been there in ages but if I had to guess it's still mostly waifu dumps since EO5 took more than a year to get localized. I don't really see the need for one but autists gonna autism i guess
>>
>>387977837
I started it just yesterday, thanks for the tip
>>
File: 5.png (49KB, 474x586px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
49KB, 474x586px
question for EOV players. is there a picnic mode? I was recently playing EO2U and I found it insultingly easy.
>>
File: easymode.png (215KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
easymode.png
215KB, 600x455px
>>387980032
>plays easy mode
>wow why is this so easy
>>
>>387980032
In the Japanese version the 2 modes are Basic and Advanced, it's basically just like 4 except with different names
>>
>>387980086
Disregard my reading comprehension I suck cock
>>
I just got to playing EO3 actually. The first boss is kicking my ass and I have no clue what to do other than grind, my whole party runs out of TP before the boss is even at 50%
>>
God the design of EOV is perfect.

It will take me hours to create my team, everyone looks so good.
>>
All I've played is Persona Q, and not even that much of it.
Which game is the best to start the series with? Bonus points if it's on 3DS.
>>
>>387981738
le millenom girl
>>
>>387981807
What?
>>
>>387982243
C'mon, anon, there aren't that many EO games. Surely you can figure out which one he meant if you just use your head.
>>
>>387982394
Oh, I thought he was memeing me. Sorry for being a dumb ass and thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>387977837
Boat gives chump change compared to farmer squad.
I currently have a farmer I use in my main party equipped with a sleep book who knows To Market and Earth's Bounty along with minor leveling in Harvestry, 3 gather farmers, and a hoplite to look after them while they run from stronger foes. I let the gather farmers pitchfork-rush weak fodder (the sleep book on my main farmer helps against slightly tougher ones, but I run from those clearly out of their league). All 3 farmers currently have double crop at level 3 (TP boosting equipment lets you use it more often early on), and I can make a shitload of money from selling. Thanks to the "To Market" skill, I don't even have to spend cash on threads.
>>
>>387972992
Just started EOIII without a reliable element caster, how fucked am I?
>>
>mfw dropped le mellenom grill 4 years ago because I was pissed of at how bad the story mode was
>picked it back up
>story mode is still as terrible as I remember but I went much further this time, the Gladsheim content is cool as fuck and Highlander is fun to use

I want Arthur to suffer a slow, painful death, but Untold 1 has really nice balancing and as awful as the story and cast are, the actual new maps/ bosses are incredibly good.
>>
>>387983860
Depending on your team composition, maybe not fucked. You'll absolutely need Prince or Monk. Respec people for Warrior's Might when you can, maybe.
>>
>>387983860
You'll be fine without a zodiac, they're mostly for abusing the elemental limits or subclass memeing.
>>
>>387983940
Agreed, I really enjoyed the extra dungeons and bosses. Particularly at the end, it felt very climactic.

All in all though I think Untold 2 blows it out of the water.
>>
>>387983940
I didn't love U1, but I played 1 a couple months before and it threw me off. 16 TP for an Allslash? Survivalists have dick for damage? All my party members felt really weak. At least the Ronin felt a bit better though.
>>
Holy shit EO speedruns are nuts, EO3 in under 2 1/2 hours? My God.
>>
Still in the middle of planning my EOV party, both in terms of classes and appearances/names.
>>
>>387984872
RNG manipulation so that tiger insta kills everything doesn't seem all that impressive
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.