[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE AMERICA SUCKS AND ALSO YOU SUCK FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (415KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
415KB, 620x349px
>DUDE AMERICA SUCKS AND ALSO YOU SUCK FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
>>
Butthurt burger detected.
>>
Not one place is the state of America even mentioned.

The jabs at video games are no different than "THIS AIINT NO GAME WOAH R U SURE" and other reddit tier humor. I don't like them, but it hardly ruins the game, and since the loading screens are random, you might not even see them.
>>
File: file.png (26KB, 89x142px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
26KB, 89x142px
>>387971701
>Not one place is the state of America even mentioned.
>>
>>387971393
Obsessed eurocuck detected
>>
File: 1503199663307.png (456KB, 674x376px) Image search: [Google]
1503199663307.png
456KB, 674x376px
>>387971283
>It's a /pol/ bait thread in disguise of video games.
Sweet. 300+ posts and no moderation incoming!
>>
>>387971817
No it's not? It's me trashing this trash game. Fuck off.
>>
>>387971817
I just think the Jews did this and we need to know this. It's the sjwing of our Vidya and it makes me fucking dick to my core
>>
america and videogames are both bad so i don't see the problem here
>>
>>387971283
Never does it imply that you suck for playing a videogame. America sucking is common sense
>>
>>387971283
It does suck to live in America though. School is failing the kids, the family unit is dead, you have to work like a slave to support yourself since everyone is competing for mediocre jobs and you're paying so many taxes, it's rare to find a safe and close community thanks to how divided and diverse everyone is, and it's become much more reasonable to stay alone than to get married and have a family, it's just not feasible anymore (unless you both work like slaves, stunt the kids by dumping them in a daycare, and both get handouts from big brother). It's not the 50's anymore, I want to kill myself.
>>
>>387972150
the entire game is a commentary on why escapism is "stupid" and "dangerous"

(it's not btw gen X faggots)
>>
>>387972370
It's really not.
>>
>>387972598
I promise you, it is
>>
File: 1496277117525.jpg (32KB, 502x346px) Image search: [Google]
1496277117525.jpg
32KB, 502x346px
>>387971283
Europoor detected.
>>
>>387971283
>DUDE I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND BASIC SUBTEXT
>>
>>387971283
more like americans think they can control sand niggers with military interventions. 16 years in Afghan and still increasing numbers or troops. Fucking brits could not do it, no one can. Its called the graveyard of empires for a reason.
>>
>>387972263
yeah that shit didn't happen in the 50's and everyone was happy
>>
>>387971283
I don't think you understood what happened
>>
>people are so self-absorbed they think the game is criticizing the player and not Walker for his actions
>>
>>387972923
we did that show in high school, shit was great. You're cultured anon, congrats. we almost did Buried Child the next year, oh well. RIP Sam
>>
>>387972923
The problem has been present and growing since WWI ended.
>>
>>387972263
Don't forget rhe outdated crumbling infrastructure, greedy bank and corporation contol of the whole country, idiotic leaders, grade inflation, creating terrorists and unstability around the world. USA is also the only "first world" country where the expected age of living has turned downwards becouse of all the alcoholics, drug addicts and suicides.

All this while spending ludicrous and increasing amounts of money in military.
>>
>>387973001
Is it even possible to turn back in the beginning of the game?
>>
>>387972370
Where do people get this shit from? I can only assume its from being autistic and identifying too close with the main character. i.e. "the game" berates "me" for using white phosphorus, despite repeatedly addressing Walker by name.
>>
I played this game only because it was mentioned alongside Undertale
>>
>>387973613
Good for you.
>>
>>387971758
Way to prove him right.
>>
>>387973001
>THE MILITARY AVOIDS KILLING CIVILIANS, BUT WHAT DO YOU CARE, THIS ISN'T REAL
>FEEL LIKE A HERO YET
>>
>>387973790
I also played Brandish and SMT and fell in love

I need more good games
>>
>>387973881
Yeah okay, sorry to say but you might not find every game out there enjoyable.

Some games just aren't for some people.
>>
>>387971817
>DUDE TOPICAL HUMOR IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE
>>
>>387971283
Tell me anon, do you live in Europe perchance?
>>
>>387973875
>>THE MILITARY AVOIDS KILLING CIVILIANS, BUT WHAT DO YOU CARE, THIS ISN'T REAL
literally telling you to not take it serious, its a fucking video game. its poking fun at autists like you who get all butthurt you '''''have to''''' kill civies
>>
>>387971283
>DUDE AMERICA SUCKS
but it's true, all americucks do is invade week defenceless counties
>>
>>387974461
>its poking fun at autists like you who get all butthurt you '''''have to''''' kill civies
you don't get the meaning of it at all. they're giving you shit for not caring whether or not you kill civilians just because it's not real. the whole game is filled with stuff like that like calling you a retard for following orders even if they don't make sense.
>>
>>387974556
back to tumblr
>>
>>387974689
>calling you a retard for following orders even if they don't make sense.

The game is literally about some dude thinking he knew better than his superiors and ruining everybody's life.
>>
>>387974556
Back to /pol/ with you.
>>
War is bad this is what MGS shouldve taught you by now
>>
File: IMPRESSIVEHARDWARE.gif (1MB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMPRESSIVEHARDWARE.gif
1MB, 240x184px
>some people in this thread
The game criticises individualism heroism in general, and how media feed it to the masses. If you've got a problem with the message, then you might just be a demographic.
I'm not saying that the games does this flawlessy, there are certainly reasons why A LOT of people too the words personally and felt insulted. I'm saying that you should stop being too sensible over things and see them for what they actually are.

Still great game though, even if you consider it a walking simulator. Stays in my 3*3 till this day.
>>
Do people not know what heart of darkness is anymore?
>>
>>387971393
WTF, I hate America now.
>>
>>387973001
that's what happens when you create bland, completely generic character combined with pretending to give you a sense of agency about their actions. it's not about being self-absorbed, it was just clearly designed in a way to make it feel like the finger is being pointed at you.
>>
File: 1502607473264.png (136KB, 404x253px) Image search: [Google]
1502607473264.png
136KB, 404x253px
>>387971283
>lol you're a bad person for killing all those people we forced you to kill
>lol you could have stopped playing at any time
>>
The main problem with the game is the identity crisis of player agency. The game is simultaneously telling the player to feel bad while forcing them along a linear path, so it can be assumed you are supposed to look at the story from an outside perspective. But without the connection between the player and the main character, all that is left is a mediocre war drama retelling Apocalypse Now with bland cover shooting.
>>
*throws forced drama made so that normalfags with 70 IQ who have never read a book before feel bad*
>>
>>387977701
>>387977558
It's a meta-textual thing.
It plays itself as a typical linear shooter while subverting and drawing attention to the forced linear nature of the experience by incorporating the lack of agency and freedom into the main character's arc. Just as you the player may shrug off unsavory moments as being forced gameplay sections, so to does the MC, who convinces himself that he has no other choice.
>>
I was happy I could be the villain and murder innocents. I love killing innocents, I torture rats and cats whenever they get on my yard.
>>
walker was crazy person obviously
>>
I love killing burgers, so this game is my jam.
>>
File: 1474858280499.jpg (61KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474858280499.jpg
61KB, 499x499px
>>387977558
Why did you play it in the first place
>>
>>387973405
come over to /leftypol/, we hate classcucks and want to smash the oppressive capitalistic system too
>>
I had an enjoyable time with it, the music was god tier.
>>
>>387979649
But diversity and feminism caused this.
>>
>>387971283
It's the same stupid bullshit as Modern Warfare, but really pretentious. The only clever trick in its book is that instead of ripping off We Three Kings and news footage as Modern Warfare does it rips off movies like Funny Games, Fight Club, and Jacob's Ladder. Superficial cleverness is all it has. Anyone who is actually familiar with the game's supposed subject matter knows it screws it up in all kinds of ways.

>>387973603
Numerous interviews with the lead writer and other staff. It's pretty damn clear that Walt Williams was hoping he'd be the next Ken Levine...right before Levine's career went tits up. The amount of self-lionizing bullshit in those interviews is incredible in light of how much nothing the people who worked on the game have done since.
>>
>>387971739
The state of America anon. Not America. The STATE of it.
>What is reading comprehension
>>
>>387971283
Refute these statements, you can't.
>>
i unironically enjoyed the combat even though it was supposed to be generic.
>>
>>387974689
Anon, you are not Walker.
>>
>>387972263
It's not like it's any different anywhere else
>>
File: dark.png (3MB, 1204x1223px) Image search: [Google]
dark.png
3MB, 1204x1223px
>>387976252
:^)
>>
>>387980104
Capitalism did
>>
>>387978151
Top bait anon. Really love how you managed to cram so many buzzwords that those youtube game "critics" and "analysts" seem to adore in that one sentence.
>>
you can always tell the people who never played the game. i'm not saying the game is great, in fact, its awful. but the plot to this game has to be the most memed thing repeated by the same people who never played it and dont even know what really happens in the game (spoilers: it worse than a 00s disaster move) and when you break it all down the plot is actually funny.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 307x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 307x435px
>>387971283
>remember when Ground Zero's came out
>MGS has always had baddies from all nations
>suddenly, GZ has U.S Marines
>Big Boss has no national identitiy anymore
>kills them
>see a lot of anons posts
>"marines? Nah, fuck you Kojima"

I know its not everyone but Why are you all so sensitive? Why can't you handle even the FEW times it happens after said devs suck your dick off for more than 20 years?
>>
This game is nothing but a more on the nose MGS2 and that allows people who aren't too clever to just barely pick up on the fact that the game might be a commentary on video games and they don't like that.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.