[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is not a bad game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (54KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
54KB, 432x500px
This is not a bad game
>>
>not having enough Sun medals to enter the next day stage
>having to hear the Werehog battle theme once again

It could still be pretty damn bad.
>>
>>387964427
This
If they just ripped out the day stages, combined it with the day stages from the DLC, plus the hard modes of the day stages and released it as a standalone budget game then it would be amazing
>>
>>387964531
>If they just ripped out the day stages, combined it with the day stages from the DLC
Sonic Generations: Unleashed Project
>>
It really does amaze me how adding the obvious filler that is the werehog levels really kills an otherwise excellent experience. If it was literally just the Daytime levels and maybe the hub as well I think it would have a pretty strong following even today.

After all these weird attempts Sonic Team finally strikes a gold mine but they made sure to pack it in a real thick layer of dogshit since it was 'too good to be true'.
>>
>>387964531
>>387964675
Fuck off the Werehog sections make this game as good as it is. Also Generations runs off a extremely watered down version of the Hedgehog engine used in Unleashed so the Unleashed Project doesn't look as good.
>>
>>387964315
Wish I still had it. It's easily the most critically underrated.

goddamn this game got fucking savaged
>>
>>387964675
I've played it. The physics aren't the same, it's a lot slower than Unleashed, and the cool exploits don't work.
>>
>>387964864
It bugs me how gorgeous Unleashed looked for a mid-life 360 game, and how Generations, Lost World, and Forces have not been able to match it.
>>
>>387964912
It's a shame. Makes me enjoy it all the more though. People are mindless drones that had a bunch of these shitty opinions perpetuated to them for so long. Fuck it.
>>
Never played it, and I'm always skeptic of reviewers, is it fun? I liked ShTH and thought SA2 was decent.
>>
>>387965610
The game has day and night sections. Night = werehog, slow platforming with some watered-down combat similar to god of war. Some like it but it's not for everyone.
Day = Sonic, go the fastest sonic has ever gone in a game, great level design, if you're not an austist about the boost mechanic it's great.
>>
>>387965610
It's awesome and one of the last great Sonic games before Colors came out. Also video game reviews are shitty and never mattered.
>>
>>387965610
It's pretty punishing for a newcomer. Be prepared to fuck up a lot before gitting gud.
>>
>>387965610

Generations is much, much better. You can get a mod for the PC version that adds Unleashed's daytime stages as well, but if you want the original game, Werehog and all, then go ahead I guess.
>>
>>387966285
It really isn't lol. Only thing I can think of that Gens does better is better drifting controls and removal of QTEs. Otherwise it's a watered down version like I said. And at least Unleashed is full of 100% original stages. What's with the games from 2010 and onwards blatantly rehasing shit we've already seen before?
>>
>>387964315
>the running in that game
HOLY SHIT
>>
File: werehog.jpg (82KB, 800x418px) Image search: [Google]
werehog.jpg
82KB, 800x418px
I was just playing/streaming this earlier.

I do like it alot, but i think the start might have messed up a bit. It's a tutorial day stage, a short day stage, then 2 day stages and a plane stage back to back to back.
I think from here forth it's great stages and great momentum but the start is extremely rough.
>>
>>387967037
>2day stages
meant 2 night stages, obviously.
>>
>>387966438

There really isn't anything majorly different between Unleashed Daytime gameplay and Generations. It's a bit slower and doesn't let you spam boost as much but the two practially play the same aside from that. The stages in Generations are obviously based on stages in prior Sonic games but the actual level designs are brand new. Even Rooftop Run is a completely new layout. If we're referring to the level design being better in Unleashed, I can't disagree, but I definitely can say there's a load of trial and error in the later Unleashed stages that Generations smooths over.

Again, I acknowledge the nuances are different in both games (especially in a speedrun context since Unleashed lets you do some clearly game-breaking shit), but calling Generations "watered-down" is misleading. These are minor tweaks at worst.
>>
>>387967215
Generations neutered or cut back big time on the 3D areas compared to Unleash.
>>
>>387967215
When I said watered down I meant that the Hedgehog engine used in Generations is not as good as the one used in Unleashed. So I was talking about graphics there
>>
It's not.
It's half a bad game and half a great game. Fucking nighttime stages.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.