[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really "that" bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: SmashBrosBrawlFinalBox.jpg (2MB, 1527x2150px) Image search: [Google]
SmashBrosBrawlFinalBox.jpg
2MB, 1527x2150px
Was it really "that" bad?
>>
>>387963419
Casually, it's the best one. There's tons of features. And SE.
>>
>>387963419
It's fun to play casuals but it's a bad game.
>>
>>387963419
as good as the 3ds version, never played the wiiu/switch version, liked the story mode thing they introduced was okay
>>
>>387963582
Not a lot of people have played the switch version so you're not that far behind still anon
>>
it's fun if you're an idiot like most people, but it's an objectively bad game
>>
It's really fun, just not competitively.
>>
>>387963419
I enjoyed it. It's not exactly bad, it's just that besides the Subspace Emissary, Smash Wii U is objectively better in literally every regard.

>Brawl looks very grey and washed out, Wii U is very bright and colorful and characters look more like themselves
>Wii U is balanced better
>It has a smaller selection of characters, only a few got chopped from Wii U
>Feels a lot less fast and smooth
>Overall feels lower quality
>>
>>387963419
It wasn't bad at all. My biggest problem is the wii mote controls, but you can swap out with other controllers
>>
>>387963419
Subspace emissary was fun.
wish the latest one had some sort of campaign setting
>>
casual play yeah
competitive wise no
>mk
>snake hitboxes
>Icies chaingrabs
>diddys banana shenanigans
>falco laser/chaingrabs
>>
I actually had more fun times with Brawl than melee. Had no idea that it was regarded as "bad" until I went on online forums,
>>
as long as you play it non competitively, its a solid 9/10

>god tier roster
>create your own stages
>Subspace emissary
>good feeling controls
>lots of stages

fuck tripping tho
>>
>>387963419

It felt nice partly because it was also made as a celebration of a ton of old nintendo games. We'll never have a smash with as many old tunes and throw-backs again.
>>
>>387964236
Remember that the opinions of a forum are only that, opinions. It's okay to hold separate beliefs
>>
It has Dacus, and Dragonic Reversal. otherwise I don't miss the game much
>>
>>387963807
I agree with Brawl looking too washed out, but I don't think the characters "looking more like themselves" is that good of a thing in Wii U. It's like the game as a whole has no consistent art style to put everyone in. Melee had a nice plastic action figure look, which I think worked well on a lot of characters, but shit on a few (like bowser). Brawl had the realistic art style, which would've looked decent if they used better colors. Wii U doesn't really have its own art style though.
>>
I loved it when I was younger but today my Brawl disc only ever gets used to launch Project M.
>>
>>387963419
It was a follow-up to the greatest game of all time it was doomed from the start
>>
>>387963419
I always thought it was pretty good, but I'm no competitive smash player. Tripping was fucking stupid though and I wasn't a fan of the more realistic/darker look to some of the characters.

I wish Smash 4 had something like Subspace Emissary too.
>>
File: 1468735668334.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468735668334.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>387963419
It reminds me of a simpler time. I used to have all nighters with this and my friends. And still can if someone brings it.

Meanwhile we each can't stand more than 2 hours of 4.
>>
>>387964236
Me too
>>
>>387963419
After the travesty of Smash 4, not really
>>
>>387963502
yep. its a legit successor to melee in nearly every way except the physics/mechanics. much better than 4 imo. 4 lacks vision and doesn't feel like it was made with the same passion as 64/Melee/Brawl. melee is still the king, but if you play purely for fun, brawl is arguably better. if you want something more involved, 64/melee are the only way to go.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.