[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: non-horror games with an unsettling or creepy atmosphere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Coverchulip.jpg (28KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Coverchulip.jpg
28KB, 250x350px
ITT: non-horror games with an unsettling or creepy atmosphere

Could never play pic related past sunset. Made me feel paranoid a character from the game was looking into my window from the dark.
>>
>>387959584
What kind of demographic was this game even made for?
>>
>>387959789
Japanese
>>
>>387959584
Interestingly enough the devs that made this went on to create Rule of Rose, which is a legit horror game about child abuse.
>>
>>387959584
first one that comes to mind is LSD dream emulator. it wasn't made as a horror game but alot of people treat it as such.
>>
>>387959584
This game is highly unsettling. I had constant anxiety while playing it at night, unable to trust that any new object in the game wouldn't attack, and the goals like "kiss policeman before he shoots you dead" or "kiss moleperson before it kills you in a psychotic rage" just kept my nerves alight.
>>
>>387960174
From Love-de-Lic to founding Punchline to Marvelous. Kimura certainly has had an interesting career. I think he also helped develop Little King's Story for Cing.

RIP 3 out of 4 of those companies.
>>
>>387961367
>To get the policeman's kiss you had to...
>Buy cigarettes and smoke them right in front of him
>Go into the bathhouse at night, undress, sneak out, streak around town until morning when he sees you
>Get a key for a safe, take out the hair pin, show it to him, and lie that you stole it

This game was weird.
>>
File: mayoi hand signal.jpg (85KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mayoi hand signal.jpg
85KB, 960x540px
>>387959584
>>387959789
I really enjoy this style of game, I wish there were more of these weird slice of life type games.
>>
>>387961642
At least he's still making stuff, dandy dungeon is one of the few mobile games I've truly enjoyed.
On the other hand, Nishi has all but left the games industry.
>>
>>387961642
Love-de-Lic's productions are the closest to art games have ever come.
>>
>>387961940
>chulip
>slice of life game
what
>>
>>387959789
Those with superb taste.
>>
File: Yoshi's_Story_Game_Over_1.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi's_Story_Game_Over_1.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
Obviously this game wasn't unsettling as a whole, but in my youth I used to be very disturbed by every in game "death", and seeing my pool of Yoshis grow ever smaller. Some of the music unsettled me as well.
>>
>>387961903
And do things like that for every character while the game gave you little to know idea what to do 90% of the time. So basically, trial and error. Trial and error as you get Game Overs every 2 minutes for insane reasons, interrupting you constantly and forcing you to save constantly.

It's a shame, because otherwise it would have been a pretty good bizarre game.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
The creatures games were always unsettling to me especially being worried about the grendels that would kill your norns.

Completely unrelated story, the main draw of Creatures is that the norns you take care of can either be taught or learn about the world on their own and share their knowledge and experience with other norns. This can lead to tragedy as they can teach each other bad habbits if they're both really dumb and really persuasive.

Had an entire generation die out after one guy tried to eat a door. Another norn asked him what he himself should eat, and the door munching norn told him a door would suffice. This trickled down until there were a dozen corpses piled up in the hallway.
>>
>>387964528
Sounds like Uganda.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.