[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What's the /verdict?
>>
File: shadow warrior hoji.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shadow warrior hoji.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>387957573

Improved gameplay

Bad loot and upgrade system

Inferior plot when compared to 1

No Hoji sidekick
>>
>>387957695
How is the multiple people co-op campaign
>>
>>387957573
I liked it. I'm enjoying this wave of modernized 90s FPS, the campaign focus is gives me reason to buy FPS games again. I'd says its probably a 7/10 if you're considering 5 average.
>>
>>387957752

Depends on whether you enjoy that. I preferred playing solo but jump in jump out coop is hard to mess up as a feature.
>>
It was great until that patch that made it shit.
>>
>>387957784
I don't really feel like Flying Wild Hog's games are like 90s FPS at all. They are more like Serious Sam which came out in '01
>>
>>387957573
Breddy good, gameplay better than the previous entry in many respects, but loses some of the elegant simplicity.

Story is not nearly as good and ends abruptly. Hoji is dead and there can be no more lover in the world after this.

Other than those things, great.
>>
Still gets my Wang on. I find Kamiko is really annoying.
>>
>>387958082
In what way? I only really associate Serious Sam with huge waves of enemies and fighting in one arena for like 30 minutes.
>>
Good game. Good gunplay. Bad co op since everything becomes bullet sponge but still entertaining.
Aslo as >>387957996 said, they patched a lot of shit and ruined a lot of the OP builds. Which is kinda shit in a PvE only game.
>>
Best gameplay around as far as I'm concerned, but everything else needs work.
The entire loot system needs to work a different way, allow proper sorting and a simple way to break down lower level stuff quickly.
I'm okay with procedural generation but the settings are lacking. There could be a lot more locales available but you only get towns, fields, or zilla city. The realms are supposed to be coming together, some snow areas and shadow realm areas would be nice to mix it up.
It also gets stupidly hectic at high insanity level what with one hit kills making things frustrating, though this is unavoidable considering how powerful Wang's combination of skills can be.
I really just want more content though, and these bounty board quests don't cut it. I would like to see more unique boss fights and a continuation of the non-ending we got.
>>
>>387958253
Their games typically place you in an arena against a bunch of enemies spawning and rushing you (although less enemies than Serious Sam). When I think of 90s FPS, I think more of intricate level design, hand-picked enemy placement, etc.
>>
>>387958676
/thread
the bounty board quests aren't bad but we really need an ending ffs.
>>
The devs have learned nothing from their previous shit games. Pirate if you're desperate for a new FPS, but don't waste money on it.
>>
I enjoyed gunning my way through this with a bunch of friends. It's fast and makes for very weird fights and the destruction of stuff is fun.
The story is alright and I don't mind the item grind system but the inventory management is awful, particularly as most of the loot is garbage with no other purpose than selling it but it takes ages to go through it to free up space. Balance isn't the best either and some weapons feel too much alike and make me wonder why they exist but it makes for some visual variety at least.
>>
First playthrough can be fun, but good fucking lord is the lategame atrocious.
They somehow managed to make damage scaling worse than Borderlands 2.
>>
>>387957573
meh
>>
>>387957573
Liquid filth.
>>
>>387957695
>plot
XD
>>
the coop aspect is really good.

SW 2013 is free right now as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.