[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I emulate or wait for the remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Should I emulate or wait for the remake?
>>
>>387952201
remake will probably be trash so just emulate
>>
How many hours long is this game?
>>
>>387953135
About 8-10 hours on your first playthrough possibly shorter depending on how quickly you get accustomed to climbing Colossi
>>
>>387952201
You should emulate the remake
>>
Wait for remake since it comes out early 2018
>>
>>387952201
Just emulate it, you can play it at 60fps. Remaster is 30fps.
>>
>>387954409
>implying it's unplayable in 30FPS
How shit are you at games?
>>
>>387955382
I didn't imply that, I've finished it on the PS2 several times and that runs at like 10fps.
>>
>>387955382
>settling for shittier version when you can have better
how shit are you at decision making?
>>
I wish they'd just make new games instead.
Money is everything, I suppose.
>>
>>387952201
But the devs called the new one a remaster. It's even being made by the remaster guys who focus on nothing but remasters.
>>
>>387957683
It's a remake because it is being made using entirely new assets
>>
>>387958450
It's the same game, it's a remaster.
>>
>>387958740
It's a remake because it is being made using entirely new assets
>>
>>387958450
>>387958950
How do you know that? Even the devs said it was a remaster.
>>
>>387959149
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-shadow-of-the-colossus-on-ps4-is-a-remake-not-a-remaster-says-shuhei-yoshida

Literally the president of SIE clarifying that it is a remake
>It is a remake. The game content is the same as the original version, but all the assets are being remade

Now show me where the devs said it was a remaster
>>
>>387952492
fpbp
>>
>>387959393
Noti M, but it was twitter, they said it on twitter right after the reveal but then they removed it pretty quickly. Then Sony came iut and clarified that it's apparently a remake, not a remaster. I don't really see much of a point in remaking this game, though. It's going to be the exact same game as the original, but it just looks prittier. They aren't adding anything.
>>
>>387955382
He's not implying that at all. He's just implying that 60fps is better in all cases, which of course if objective fact. Turd.
>>
>>387959393
>The game content is the same as the original version, but all the assets are being remade
So it's a remake, good to know.
>>
>>387952201
ps2 emulation is shit
>>
>tfw trying to emulate the HD versoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm0dX83aN6Y
>>
>>387963187
works for me
>>
doesn't the increased fps cause the colossi to shake more often?
>>
>>387964857
Yeah the locked FPS in the PS3 version made some colossi considerably harder, especially Hard time attack Gaius and Argus
>>
>>387964857
>>387965141
It's just the EU version.
>>
>>387965348
The PS3 collection of ICO/SOTC is the EU version in every region
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.