[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't the West even compete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rising_sun_by_aaronl.jpg (227KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
rising_sun_by_aaronl.jpg
227KB, 1280x800px
>Dark Souls series
>Bloodborne
>Dragon's Dogma
>Monster Hunter series
>Zelda series
>Devil May Cry series
>Metal Gear Solid series
>Metroid series
>Castlevania series
>Pokemon series
>Harvest Moon series
>F-Zero series
>Mario series
>Final Fantasy series
>Dragon Quest series
>SMT: Persona series
>Sudoku
>Phoenix Wright series
>Trauma Center series
>Street Fighter series
>Punch-Out!! series
>Balloon Fight
>Duck Hunt

There. That's 23, at the very LEAST, of the most influential and far impacting games of all time influencing major titles still being released today. Name 23 western games/series that did the same, pro tip: you can't
>>
GTA had a bigger impact than any of those games

Its also more successful than any of them
>>
>>387946618
I know it's not western, but what about Russia?They're pretty influential in the gaming series.

Also, where is Pacman from your list?
>>
The only ones good are the sw series like TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance
also there are good western rts and games like tomb raider and such.
>>
>>387946618
Because our culture sucks.
>>
we must focus on lgbtqap diversity first
>>
By selling better and pushing the technical boundaries.
>>
>>387946618
shit
shit
shit
shit
shit
dead
shit
dead
ok
shit
shit
dead
ok
shit
shit
shit
shit
ok
shit
shit
dead
shit
shit
>>
>>387946618
GTA is more influential than all of those combined.

TES is more influential than any Japanese rpg.

You are just a weeb in denial.
>>
>says why the west can't compete
>gives a list of shitty games which most are extinct and killed off by based western chad games

What did op mean by this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>387946618
Wester games suffer from too much design by committee. Japanese companies are more likely to let a single guy or small team control a game's development.
>>
>>387946618
dead and buried series and other ones that have more bad games than good ones
>>
This is fucking stupid. These games are so fucking influential because the Japanese were some of the first major players in the video game industry
>>
GTA
TES
Halo
Call of Duty
Battlefield
Far Cry
The Witcher
The Sims
Ass Creed
Diablo
Warcraft
Starcraft
C&C
DOOM
Quake
Fallout
Deus Ex
Duke Nukem
Half Life

I don't like most of those game
>>
>>387946618
not a single shooter in the list

>rly makes u think
>>
>>387946618
>all those pansy games
>>
>>387946618
Basically all of these games are aping, or at least trying to ape, western concepts. Not to mention that these games were made with technology that was made in Europe and America.

Also most of these games are either trash or aren't very good or innovative. It's almost an insult to put Dragon's Dogma and and Monster Hunter up there with Soulsborne and Zelda. I can think of a bunch of western games that are mechanically and narratively superior to most of the games on your weeb list.
>>
>>387946618
because you only pay attention to Canadian developers.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.