[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a possibility with Taxman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1985.png (15KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985.png
15KB, 320x224px
I had Chaotix as a kid. Not a great game but fun and I feel like I would've enjoyed it more if it had Sonic and Tails in it.

Thoughts, /v/?
>>
Rubber band mechanic is shit.
>>
Cool Music
>>
>>387945421
fucking knuckles chaotix is the literal definition of wasted potential, i could see taxman getting rid of that god awful rubber banding bullshit and still make it functional.
>>
>>387947403
I'd play it.
>>
>>387945421
The game is pretty garbage but I'd be happy to see something like a pseudo-remake/remix of it. The art assets, level visuals, boss battles, characters, music and Special Stages are all brilliant but would've been much better if they just had the standard Genesis physics and gameplay. We don't need five acts in each zone, we don't need glitchy rubberband physics and the levels are almost completely devoid of gimmicks/enemies/level-design-in-general, which completely negates all of the stuff it did right.

Basically, I don't really care for the gameplay of Chaotix but I love everything about the aesthetic. I certainly wouldn't mind if the levels got the kind of remix treatment that zones got in Son
>>
>>387945421
Actually wouldn't be too hard considering they already have the sprites for it from Sonic Crackers.
>>
>>387948759
in Sonic Mania*

accidentally cut my post off early oops
>>
File: image51.jpg (45KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
image51.jpg
45KB, 320x224px
>>387945421
>>387947403
>>387948759
The rubber band mechanic is great, the problem is the game's incompleteness. If Taxman ever got his hands on this, it would be an amazing game. The graphics are just plain beautiful and the music is great.

I really need this in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaykX3Cie3E&t=49s
>>
>>387945421
This game is just a little too out there for me, I played it a couple times and always feel like I've warped into some obscure bizarre arcade instead of anything to do with Sonic. Still pretty interesting, would probably have played it fully if the rubber band mechanic didn't exist.
>>
>>387949116
The game was designed around how terrible the rubberband mechanic was.
>>
>>387949220
It's a good mechanic, but it has a learning curve for sure. Once you get the hang of it, it's great fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPP5CmbAT4
>>
>FEATURING KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA
>>
>>387949395
Agreed.
>>
Emeralds stages were great. Loved how if you missed, you could keep going as long as you have rings since rings was the timer.
Don't know what the fuck was the idea behind that bonus stage, but that was terrible.

All those characters were great, except for Charmy that was alright. Sprites look beautiful.
That rubber mechanic needed more work, as the levels did.
>>
Chaotix is a shit game because with all those different characters, they would either need to change up the levels for each one (which they can't do, because that's an unfeasible amount of effort and the game revolves around a partner system), or make the levels bland, open, and empty. Taxman making a port won't fix it.
>>
>>387947403
shit, why hasn't anyone done that before? or made a hack that has all the stages in a linear progression and cuts them in half
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.