[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Space 1 or 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Whichisit.jpg (710KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Whichisit.jpg
710KB, 1920x1200px
Alright /v/, which one was better and why? Dead space 1 or 2?
>>
Preferred 2 because of more varied locations
>>
>>387938512
2 simply because it was funner and more hype
>>
I liked 1 the best. 2 was good but 1 was more scarier. I literally only played for an hour or two at a time because I was so spooked.
>>
>>387938512
The first one is ten times better than the second one and you can make your first one much better by turning off all music volume entirely then make sure you got headphones on and in the dark.
>>
>>387938512
People will like 1 more because of the atmosphere, but I found it predictable after a while just because enemies kept spawning from the same vents, albeit without you realizing where.

I really really liked 2, armor designs were cool, Isaac talking was actually really well done, and I liked all the little touches in the animations and stuff on your suits.
>>
>>387938512
Certain little things are better in 1 than 2. It's surprising how important they end up being after you turn the games off. It's the little touches that I find myself remembering as time goes by with a game, and 1 definitely did them better.
>>
>>387938512
I liked ds1 more but 2 is decent play both.
>>
>>387938512
If Isaac didn't talk in 2 it would easily be the better game, sadly not the case
Some of those lines completely kill the atmosphere and it feel too much like a generic action game in places.
>>
>>387938512
1 is far scarier but 2 is a more enjoyable gameplay experience
>>
>>387938512
DS2 might've had its gameplay improvements, but losing the perfect atmosphere and becoming more action oriented make me prefer the first
>>
>>387938512
1. And it should have been a standalone. Like Arkham Asylum shluld have been also
>>
>>387938512
2 had better pacing
1 had better everything else
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 485x303px
>DS1 is scary meme
Just Fuck off already...half of the game you already realize that 99% of the scares is monster poping out of the vents.

Dead Space 2 is superior to the first one in Every single way.Better weapons,better scares,better enemies full of memorable moments,Isaac having a voice makes hin way more charismatic,a true challenge with inpossible mode....its too much fun
>>
>>387938512
2 is just more of 1 with some minor improvements, so I'd say 2 is better. I don't think 1 was scarier or had better atmosphere, it was great and stood out because of its novelty. If you play 1 immediately after 2, you'll notice how one-dimensional and repetitive are the horror elements in comparison to 2.

Still love both and replay them every now and then, great games.
>>
>>387938512
Dead Space 1 had more big bosses. But 2 had more fun toys. I'm gonna go with 2.
>>
>>387942986
Worse boss encounters.
>>
>>387938512
Both 1+2 together are perfection. 3 should never have happened, or should have focused on a completely new character.
>>
>>387943730
Yeah because a giant anus that poop meteors are really a interesting boss...only the last boss of DS1 is amazing.
>>
>>387938681
>1 was more scarier

none of them are
>>
>>387943730

I've replayed 1 and 2 like 20 times each, and I'm struggling to remember the bosses in 2. There's the first tripod guy right after you get the suit back, there's the solar elevator which is arguably a boss, there's the final fight with nicole, what other bosses are there?

I only remember that there's sections in the game for ideal hardcore saves: right before the solar elevator, the next chunk to right before the mining vehicle event, and the government section to the end.
>>
>>387944171
Food storage is a pretty interesting fight if you run out of ammo, and the one monster on the side of the ship you fight with a cannon is neat too. I liked DS1'S bosses.
>>
DS2 was superior in every aspect
not by THAT much, but quite obviously superior
>>
>>387944548
Precisely. 2 didn't have many bosses at all. Giant necromorphs are too rare. And I think there were overall less moments of scripted cool stuff like the tentacle grabs in DS1.
>>
File: 1437974955070.jpg (604KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1437974955070.jpg
604KB, 850x1201px
>>387938512
literally the Alien/Aliens of video games

anyone else sad that EA didn't do anything with this series after the second one?
>>
>>387945682
Damn Isaac has a nice ass in this
>>
>>387938512
1 is more of a horror game, while 2 is more action packed. As someone who prefers horror to action, I'll go with 1.
Also, being trapped in a derelict ship that needs repairs simply to not be destroyed provides better atmosphere than travelling around a space station.
>>
>>387945783
Oh, forgot to add: the final boss in 2 sucked ass, while 1 had a pretty fun final boss.
>>
1 was spooky. Also I prefer my protagonists silent.
>>
>>387945904
I hated the silent protagonist thing. Too overdone. Isaac deserves to be a character. Not another self-insertion wank.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.