[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever considered being a game developer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: qtboi.jpg (2MB, 2385x3000px) Image search: [Google]
qtboi.jpg
2MB, 2385x3000px
Have you ever considered being a game developer?
>>
>>387936814
When I was 8, yes. Then I realized that composing game music and composition in general were more enjoyable.
>>
while i greatly enjoy dabbling in indie gamedev, i don't think i would ever actually go for becoming an ant in an actual video game company
>>
I'm an indie game developer but those are likely a diamond dozen on /v/
>>
>>387938878
Oh yeah? name 5 (five) successful indie titles you've published.
>>
>>387937838
This guy gets it.
>>
>>387936814
As an aspiring programmer, it's definitely the dream. But data security looks much more likely.
>>
File: 1502695221562.jpg (2MB, 960x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1502695221562.jpg
2MB, 960x1014px
Always kinda dreamed of it as a kid.

Then completely gave up.
My solid knowledge of literature of 20th century, contemporary philosophy and theory of art, Japanese Language and some knowledge of their culture, solid philosophical education, and mishmash of stuff I picked up around social psychology, cognitive sciences and neurology: All of that makes for a list that will no doubt make me stand up with my resume on the post of a game developer. Exactly the right skill sets! And who would need experience in the field, right?

I have a friend who is a decent programmer and he is constantly trying to convince me to join him and to make something together. But I just feel like I have absolutely nothing of use to offer.
>>
>>387936814
I am one, but I need you fucking fags to contribute. Where are the fucking 3d artists?
>>
>>387939723
>My solid knowledge of literature of 20th century, contemporary philosophy and theory of art, Japanese Language and some knowledge of their culture, solid philosophical education, and mishmash of stuff I picked up around social psychology, cognitive sciences and neurology
if this isn't some sort of parody post you should feel embarrassed for writing this
>>
>>387936814
I posted my passion project on /agdg/ a few years ago and used it as a central portfolio element for a job interview, and I got the job over 100 other programmers.

It's alright but they've run out of their Kickstarter budget recently and we're running on fumes to get it out the door.
>>
File: 1473612406534.png (358KB, 535x403px) Image search: [Google]
1473612406534.png
358KB, 535x403px
>>387939847
>if this isn't some sort of parody post you should feel embarrassed for writing this
Well, it's not a parody. It's a pretty accurate assesement of my skills. Yeah, I don't feel exactly proud of my particular disposition.
>>
>>387940367
Nice. How complete/polished was the project?
>>
>>387940907
Code was about 80%, content was about 25%. Finishing an RPG is a ballbusting affair
>>
>>387940907
It was a gay romance VN and pretty decent if I say so myself!
>>
>>387936814
Yeah, but lacking general talent outside of half-baked story ideas I doubt I'll move beyond RPG Maker freebies.
>>
I would enjoy being a programmer or artist instead of a musicfag. Those seem for useful.

I have always dreamed of making a tribute to Cave Story with my own game, but I'll probably remain stuck in this ideasguy-tier role.
>>
Considered it as an indie, but really i just don't enjoy creating them that much or even have any good ideas. Would never want to work in the commercial industry working for a big developer
>>
I was making indie games for years and never finished any.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.