[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Famicom Mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: img_01.0.jpg (87KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
img_01.0.jpg
87KB, 1200x800px
So I'm really preferring the Super Famicom Mini's game selection over the NA/European versions. I'm considering importing it, but I don't actually know any Japanese. Aside from Secret of Mana, which is obviously a text-heavy RPG, how crucial is understanding the text to play games like Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, or Fire Emblem 3?

Or should I just wait until the firmware gets modded to add in other games manually? The only NA-exclusive game that interests me is Super Castlevania IV.

And no, I'm not taking "just get an emulator" or "just get a Raspberry Pi" as valid answers. I kinda prefer being able to play games from official sources.
>>
>>387931497
>I kinda prefer being able to play games from official sources.
Why
>>
>>387931597
The only time I ever download game ROMs is when those games are no longer being offered in any way, shape, or form, including digital marketplaces. I like supporting corporations by giving them money for their products.
>>
>And no, I'm not taking "just get an emulator" or "just get a Raspberry Pi" as valid answers. I kinda prefer being able to play games from official sources.
>Or should I just wait until the firmware gets modded to add in other games manually?

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>paying for roms
>>
>>387932028
I guess you make a good point there; I kinda realized that contradiction after I made the post. I guess I was referring a little more to translation patches than straight up new games.
>>
File: 1485299779541.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485299779541.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>387932147
>paying for anything
>>
You know nintendo probably got the roms for the games- not counting starfox 2 from some romsite. Pretty funny to think about
>>
>>387932306
I'll give you $10 to shut up.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>387933252
I'd take that money if you were actually being serious. But I know you're not, so my point still stands.
>>
>>387934009
I'm serious. What method do you want to use to transfer the money?
>>
>>387934120
Donate $10 to humble bundle, all to a charity of your choice.
Post back with proof, do whatever you want with the games.
>>
>>387931497
>I kinda prefer being able to play games from official sources
The mini is an emulation box no matter how hard you try to deny it.
>>
>>387934120
Post a ninty eShop code and the fastest fingers win.
>>
The only way I would consider to buy this would be if I was a rich fag with a shit ton of collections of games since the 80s or just a fucking retard
>>
>>387934120
PayPal, I guess? Although I'd be down for the eShop code challenge too.
>>
>>387934393
The guy just said official, not original hardware. I mean I think its dumb, but if he wants to thats his prerogative.
>>
>>387931497
>I kinda prefer being able to play games from official sources.
>Or should I just wait until the firmware gets modded to add in other games manually?

>"Official sources"
>Going to pirate shit and load it up with roms anyway

... Just Fuck Nintendo and go with a Raspberry Pi, Nintendo probably downloaded those ROMs anyway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.