[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Dark 2 felt like a personal, intimate story about a man (or woman) looking for an end to their suffering. A wildly weird, complex series of events leads them toward becoming a Monarch or forsaking the Throne to find another way. On the face of it, it's opera, but dig just a little under the surface and what you find is a story about loss, fear, and identity. More succinctly, fear of losing who you are.

And with the SOTFS added bits, it becomes more profound and more engrossing, because neither the game nor Aldia are encouraging you to look at it in such basic "this is the bad guy who did this bad thing" way, but instead in a more philosophical, existential manner. You're not fighting a big dude in armour, or a dude who chose to link the fire (or end it), you're not even fighting the fire itself; you're fighting nature. More succinctly, you're battling the idea of nature.

This lends itself to probably the most optimistic ending in the trilogy, the one where you reject the Throne of Want and instead decide to forge your own path, to reach beyond the scope of light and the reach of dark for something else. Something perhaps new, perhaps different. Whatever it is, it has to be better than this endless cycle of light and dark, of triumph and misery, of life and death. Throughout the game we're shown that not only the cycle repeats, but entire civilizations and indeed people repeat. Reincarnation plays a pretty big role in the game, I think.

In the end the game leaves you optimistic that, even if it takes a thousand years, or a thousand cycles, there will be a way out. You'll seek it and, I think, find it, eventually. Such is your fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs
>>
>>387928082
No
>>
File: bearer.jpg (71KB, 730x414px) Image search: [Google]
bearer.jpg
71KB, 730x414px
>>387928142
Yes it is.
Seekseeklest till the end.

Dark Souls 3 is fanservice bullshit.
>>
>>387928261
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne (if you want to count that) are all better games, i'm not arguin over 3 because this series should of never had a sequel
>>
>>387928517
And they all have shitter stories. Fact.
>>
Hordes of enemies zerg rush u truly best Dark Souls
>>
>>387928082
This bait is fanfic-tier, OP. The game is not as "deep" or "profound" as you claim it is. Stick to game journalism.
>>
>>387928517
BB and maybe DaS1. DeS is good, but shows its age.

DaS2 doesn't have very many highs, but it doesn't have very many lows either. It's a consistent experience throughout and that's what makes it a good entry that can stand on its own. Every other entry is good, but has glaring problems that can't be overcome through playing the games. Things like terribly useless stats, bad weapons, gimmicky bosses, etc, bring down otherwise great games.

BB > DaS1 = SotFS > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3
>>
>>387928936
Nigga, I don't care if it has the best story in vidya. It plays the worst in the series. Although DaS3's bloodborne-lite combat is pretty down there as well.
>>
File: 1458903102950.png (53KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
1458903102950.png
53KB, 178x180px
>>387928082
>If I keep saying "more succinctly, it makes me sound smart!"

Your average DS2 brainlet.
>>
I enjoyed the combat in Dark Souls 2 the most desu.
>>
DS2 is fantastic and a better game and story than the shitpile that was 3.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.