[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splinter Cell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Tharealsplintercell.jpg (100KB, 256x328px) Image search: [Google]
Tharealsplintercell.jpg
100KB, 256x328px
I want to finally get into this series. I don't have an XBOX available; are the PC versions the best option?
>>
No, they play better on console, but the PC versions will get the job done if you can get them running.
>>
Double Agent is best, btw
>>
>>387927584
I could give emulating the PS2 or GCN versions a go, but I don't know much about the various version differences.
>>
>>387927972
get the PC versions for fucks sake
get the GOG version of 1, comes with ps2 exclusive missions

look up widescreen hud fixes.
>>
>>387927451
I can't get SC 1 to run ony my Win7 64 bit system

All the old games seem to have problems with it. I managed to run Chaos Theory (which is the best game hands down)
>>
>>387927451
pc option is the best for all these games except double agent
>>
get the hd remake pack on ps3 its pretty guuuud
but double agent on 360 is my fave
>>
File: inb4 muh ironside.jpg (496KB, 1500x637px) Image search: [Google]
inb4 muh ironside.jpg
496KB, 1500x637px
Is this correct?
>>
File: Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory.png (524KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory.png
524KB, 1360x768px
>>387927694
lol
>>
Can't say much for the others but the PC port for Chaos Theory is fucking garbage and crashes non stop. Depending on what GPU you have you might have to jump over a few hurdles to get your thermal goggles to actually show heat like I did. You have to run it in a fucked up resolution too or else the bottom code gets chopped off when you're hacking and you can guarantee the one that's off screen is the right one.
>>
>>387929369
>>387931037
>>387929038
Conflicting messages.

I wish we had a halfway decent XBOX emulator.
>>
>>387930912
black list is not that good, is like meh
>>
>>387930912
>blacklist better than conviction
What, conviction was alright, brought alot of casual elements to the game but It was fun. Blacklist just took all those things and made them even more dumbed down and casual, couldnt even get through it.
>>
>>387932115
>Blacklist
>dumbed down from Conviction
Fucking how?
>less linearity
>more options to take down or sneak past enemies
>points for different playstyles
>added back non-lethal options
>larger enemy variety
>more verticality
>mark and execute is now just an option rather than a mechanic around which the game is designed around
>added a Perfectionist mode
>added missions where you must not get spotted
I could go on.
>>
>>387927451
Yes
>>
How are the ps2 versions? Started collecting ps2 and wouldn't mind picking them up if that version is good.
>>
File: Splinter-Cell-Split-jump.jpg (297KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter-Cell-Split-jump.jpg
297KB, 1280x720px
This dude has the strongest legs in vidya.
>>
File: 86538.jpg (26KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
86538.jpg
26KB, 500x425px
I will always prefer conviction over blacklists simply because of the multiplayer
the fucking SvM is fucking trash
>spies with lethal guns
>can kill you from the front and sides
>preset animation that tracks the merc if you attack from above so a merc cant avoid it
>can melee kill even when shocking a merc, again resulting in the merc being defenseless

meanwhile in conviction
>god tier coop
>bants between agents
>interesting missions
>KINO as fuck ending
>>
>>387934898
Blacklist had a decent co-op though. Pretty difficult on Perfectionist if you don't want to fuck up. Also, the characters actually say something funny sometimes, unlike the main campaign.
>>
>>387932115
The only thing Conviction did better was the part where you slapped Grim around.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.