[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind quest bugs: Ardarume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 600px-MW-npc-Ardarume.jpg (102KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Ardarume.jpg
102KB, 600x600px
Ok niggers, here's what's happening. Ardarume is the secret master for Mysticism. I have LGNPC Secret Masters installed. Ardarume gave the coded missive to take to Qorwyn, which I did. When I got back, she wasn't in her room anymore, but neither were her books. I'm confused if this is a bug or not, because the fact that her books went missing seems to imply that this disappearance is intended. The thing is, her disappearance also coincided with the ghost that appears on her room in the "gateway haunting" quest. I proceed to solve this quest, I waited 24h and went back to see if she had returned. She had not, and despite already having solved the quest, I got the ghost sound effect on her room anyway, and I couldn't rest in her bed because "enemies are nearby".

Anyone ever encountered this problem?
>>
Nope
>>
Works on my machine.
>>
>>387926737
>>387926898
Fuck, this had also happened in a previous install of Morrowind that I had done. I've installed on openmw this time, and a different set of mods, but it's the second time this shit has happened.
>>
>>387927115
Maybe you shouldn't have pirated it ;)
>>
Check if there's a ghost out of bounds? The quest tells that ghost to respawn after death, so maybe something funny happened there even after you solved it.

Even still, I've never heard of items disappearing from the world as a result of some quest trigger. Her disappearing with them sounds like a bug
>>
pm'd you the fix :)
>>
>>387928007
I rolled a previous save before I had spoken to her. I went straight to her room and she wasn't there, no books as well. I solved the gateway haunting, but, surprise, surprise, the ghost keeps respawning. I guess that might be the trigger. Anyone knows how to find the console command to stop that script? I assume there's a bug in my game preventing the script from the ghost respawn to change status.
>>
Sent ;)
>>
Try Google next time, idiot. Locked.
>>
>>387927193
>>387928623
fuck off, faggot
>>
>>387928754
I found a video on youtube of a guy that has exactly the same thing happening: https://youtu.be/Z2cTrxY7yYQ?t=658

If you notice, after he kills the ghosts, he wanders around the room, which is empty.
>>
>>387929559
forgot to mention, it's at 11:00
>>
>>387928754
You'll have to look into the construction kit, I couldn't find anything specific myself. You could try manually completing the quests via console commands.
>>
>>387929820
>You could try manually completing the quests via console commands

That is what I want to do now. Any tips on how to do it? I've read around that you basically input
>Journal "quest id" "# of journal entry"
But I have no idea where to find "# of journal entry" that is appropriate.
>>
>>387930057
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Gateway_Ghost
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Journal

All else fails, disable the ghost AI? I don't know if that'll prevent you or NPCs from recognizing it as a nearby enemy, it's been a while for me.

Scriptstopping is pretty easy if you can find your way through the kit, hopefully it doesn't ruin your immersion.
>>
>>387930413
I'll try to find out how the quest scripts change when the journal is updated to "... the haunting would stop...". I hope I can find something in there.
>>
Good luck, buddy!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.