[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has HL1 aged well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hl1.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
hl1.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Has HL1 aged well?
>>
>>387924443
I don't care because I still have fun playing it from time to time.
>>
>>387924443
It's aged fine.

HL2 on the other hand has not aged well, its over reliance on the gravity gun and terrible level design really shines through now.
>>
>>387924641
I dunno, the platforming is kind of eh nowadays, aliens are too easy of an enemy, the only actual fun challenge is against the human soldier dudes.
>>
reminder that half life came out before ocarina of Time, and people say ocarina is impressive.
>>
>>387925295
ocarina came out on the 1996 equivalent of a potato though.
>>
>>387924443

Yes and so have all the mods.
>>
File: de_dust 2.jpg (664KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
de_dust 2.jpg
664KB, 1680x1050px
>>387925712
You could say the mods have far outlasted the original.
>>
>>387924443
absolutely
>>
>>387925807
what of black mesa, then?
counter strike appeals to a niche that only cares about counter strike, while half life and black mesa made waves in the entire vidja industry.
>>
>>387924443
Yes it's aged great, played it for the first time like 3 years ago and was glued to my screen.

>power went out and was just playing it all day on my laptop

It was so comfy
>>
>>387926039
counter strike is THE icon online multiplayer shooting game, TF2 is the only one that compares in icon status and that popularity came mostly from fucking gmod and later sfm memes.
>>
>>387926039
>niche
>CSGO is still the second most played game on steam after Dota 2
>>
>>387924443
it aged better than HL2, that's for sure
>>
>>387924641
/thread
>>
>>387924443
Yes, but new players got retarded.
>>
>>387925129
The big problem with the gunplay is that there's really no variety in weaponry - especially when compared to HL1
>>
HL1 has aged amazingly well

only janky parts are the rail chapter and fighting the fish monster with the crossbow
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.