[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's the general consensus on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7390.jpg (2MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7390.jpg
2MB, 3200x1800px
So, what's the general consensus on this game?
>>
>>387915058
It was ok. Ending is goofy and replaying it for other endings or outcomes isn't really worth it.
Get it on sale.
>>
Wouldn't know. Played the demo and it completely, 100% failed to spark any interest in me. Unless it turns into an altogether different game shortly thereafter, I won't be picking it up again, either.
>>
It was pretty fucking mediocre.
>>
I liked it a lot.
>>
When it came out I had a. Last playing through it and it was definitely a good game, but looking back it wasn't super memorable
>>
File: 1386444704272.jpg (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386444704272.jpg
236KB, 500x500px
loved it
>>
>>387915341
>What's your opinion on this game
>I dunno, don't have one.
thanks for the blog post, fag!
>>
Playing it right now, it is fantastic.
>>
>>387915058

Probably my favorite game this year so far. Definitely not a flawlessly polished game though, it's got some kinks and could probably have benefited from greater enemy variety.
>>
It was a good game, but the enemies were real boring.
Also would have been better if they added more levels to the ship.

7/10.
>>
>>387915864
Anyone remember the article about the study that said FPS games with major GPS elements, like waypoints, made gamers less likely to exercise their spacial reasoning portions of their brains and allowed them to pay attention less? I have a friend who played Prey like a month ago and can't remember anything about it, and I suspect that this post and my friend are probably in similar stupid boats. There's lots to remember in the game, but I'd wager your lack of memory and lack of grey matter in your head is probably more at fault.
>>
It's very good as long as you really try to plan your encounter with a phantom and shit yourself when there's two of them and you don't have any ammo or reliable way to kill them quickly.

The game kinda fail at maintaining the difficulty all the way through.
>>
Got it the other week on a whim. I'd say I'm 2/3s through and it starts dragging a bit because the game play loop begins to overstay it's welcome as soon as exploring becomes
>unlock a sealed area from outside the station
>get back to that area through respawned enemies (albeit, not the exact same and new spots)
>get 2 neuromods and some materials that don't outweigh the cost of resources and time to get there
It's still a lot of fun, don't get me wrong and there's great environmental storytelling even with those small, sealed areas so you're always intrigued. It's just not nearly as strong as the first half of the game when you're constantly finding new weapons, struggling to get by, coming up with creative ways to circumvent enemies or get into rooms that are blocked off. Also the later enemies are kinda a slog, in the beginning you're slobbering for some combat to test yourself, later you're like "oh great another technopath. That's an emp charge gone, 2 dist batteries and at least 12 shotgun shells". Still going to finish it when I get free time and I do highly recommend it even if you're not into the 0451 style games (I hate all the bioshocks, never played system shock 1&2, but do like thief and dishonored a lot). The game hasn't gotten nearly the attention I feel it should have. Also soundtrack is real good and the opening makes you cream your pants.
>>
>>387916598
try doing run with only engineer mods and tell me its not hard
>>
it was eh
It did keep my attention long enough to finish it which is quite rare with modern games. But I dont think I will ever replay it again. Unless they release a hard mode with all the status effects and other content they cut
the definition of a 6/10
>>
>>387916598
This and enemy variety are probably the game's weakest characteristics. You can make yourself pretty strong with Alien powers, and you can get yourself plenty of ammo and upgrade them to be plenty strong, it's rare that things get too difficult. I definitely get near death frequently, but I have only died once on my Hard playthrough and it was because I was not paying attention.
Playing a higher difficulty with some self-placed restrictions is probably how to make a fun challenge out of what is definitely a fun game, despite it's easiness.
>>
Waiting till payday so I can grab it on sale.
>>
>>387916684
Oh also to add, I had issues with the game crashing in my first two hours about 4 times. Was about to set a ticket for a refund in steam but reinstalled it/verified the game cache. Fixed it, so make sure you do that if you have any technical issues if you pick it up. The error message I was receiving was memory address was fucked up or something.
>>
>>387916560
Wow very cool, definitely a smart guy
>>
>>387917676
He's not wrong, it's not a stretch to assume someone on /v/ is borderline retarded.
>>
>>387917676
I just have a friend who this happened to. I think it is at least true for him, and maybe true for that guy too?
>>
>>387915058
Interesting setting held back by shitty combat and enemies
>>
>>387917879
>>387917909
I don't get the correlation though, maybe it wasn't memorable because at the end of the day it was pretty bland? There are some games I don't remember too well because they never made an impression on me beyond simply being enjoyable, and some games I can play through once and know the game like the back of my hand.
>>
>>387918353
Of all the games that come out in a year, a game with as many systems and freedom as Prey, it just doesn't make sense to call it bland or unmemorable. Even if you want to say you didn't like it, unmemorable or bland just does not work for a game like Prey. I think you looked at the compass and waypoints and pressed W on Normal difficulty and beat it in 4 hours, missing all that is cool and special about the game. I'd just bet this is the case.
>>
Doom 3's alright, it's just kind of old.
>>
>>387918650
Took 25 hours to beat after exploring everything possible and doing all side missions, the systems were great but honestly I think it was the space station itself, there wasn't enough enviromental variety. But this is /v/ I forgot if someone disagrees with you you just call them retarded
>>
>>387918670
what part of this joke did you think made sense
>>
>>387918353
Either way, it's typical 4chan projection. I personally remember a lot of moments in the game so far, far more than I have in recent games I've played. i also think its anything but bland, its very different from even others in its style. But that could be because i just got it 3 weeks ago, so who knows.
>>
>>387916560
That's true though. If the game has these giant fucking waypoints saying GO THIS WAY you aren't going to be paying as much attention to the route you're taking, you just follow the big arrow. Think about how much of Skyrim's map you remember compared to Morrowind.
>>
>>387918995
I don't even know what shitty game this is so I'm not trying very hard.
>>
>>387915058
too much reading. shit art design. boring setting. lame gameplay. bad enemy design. shit weapons. shit upgrade system

5/10 i hated it
>>
>>387916684
>the opening makes you cream your pants

uh what
>>
>>387919459
Having the option to not use your brain doesn't mean you HAVE to turn off your brain. I can navigate every environment in Prey, atm as I am playing it, in my head. Waypoints give you the option to not pay attention, but they don't remove the option to pay attention. This is a problem you created.
>>
>>387915058
Great game, should've been called System Shock 3.
>>
>>387919879
There is a lot in the opening, if you can't think of anything that would get someone excited in the first 20 minutes of the game then... then maybe you need to reconnect with humanity.
>>
>>387920097
no really dude i wasnt excited at all. d44ms opening? yes. what did prey's opening have to be excited about? anything?
>>
>>387920186
Lots dude. I'm not going to help you think about this though, someone else can if they want to.
>>
>>387919459
>>387916560
That doesn't make sense at all since it's the complete opposite; if you know the goal is at X, you take it easy and look at every corner and read everything on the way there since you know where you have to go in order to advance the game instead of stumbling over it.
>>
>>387919879
What are you confused about specifically? Have you never came before and are confused by the expression? Or are you objectively a retard when it comes to great introductions? I just want to help anon, which do I need to clarify, the birds and the bees for you or why you're a moron with no taste?
>>
>>387920237
>>387920296
stop. i dont know how anyone could be excited.

OMG THE LITTLE CRAWLY THING GRABBED THE SCIENTISTS FACE

fucking shocking dude unreal 10/10 true masterpiece
>>
>>387915058
I wanna fuck that slime!
>>
Psychotronics was kinda meh,Crew Quarters had more atmosphere/dread than that

Not spooky enough
>>
>>387920460
I can't tell if you're baiting or just retarded. I'll bite anyway. You obviously didn't play the game and just watched a short vid before the game ACTUALLY starts. Also
>completely Ignoring the helicopter ride
Yea, you're definitely baiting but oh well :)
>>
>>387920262
It just sounds like you don't really understand, the problem is that people turn off their heads and don't do anything but get closer and closer to waypoints. They barely explore when there's lots of opportunity to explore, they go from A > B and only encounter anything out of mistake of navigating rather than interest and curiosity. You chose to not think or to exercise your curiosity just to follow waypoints. I am personally going all over the ship, following the suggestion of waypoints but hardly lead by them.
>>
>>387920590
Crew quarters was my favorite so far, I loved all the transcribe and environmental stories. Great detail in it and I didn't expect a lot of the choices in it.
>>
>>387915058
Goty
>>
Was almost a proper successor to System Shock 2, but they cut most of the hardcore features and the latter half of the game sucks. But some good ideas and execution there.

http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/1/?

^^to add back in some of the missing gameplay mechanics.
>>
Game would've been much better if the enemies weren't so bland and the combat didn't feel so disconnected from skill
>>
>>387916725
Engineer are the purely humans one, right? I did that and put priority into storage space.

So much shit to recycle I ahd all the ammos I wanted. And since I used no Typhon power I could recycle Psi cans into Neuromods.
>>
>>387922316
i was constantly out of ammo oddly enough
and yes thats a pure human build
>>
i'm only 11 hours in but i'm absolutely loving it. i wasn't expecting much at all, so pleasant surprise.
>>
Prey 2017 is a great game. It's one of my new favorites actually. There's a shit ton of attention to detail and it feels like the devs actually gave a shit when designing the station and the world. I thought the story was intriguing and I liked the gameplay and the level-up system.

I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. It nails everything. The atmosphere of the space station was awesome.
>>
>>387920620
what the actual fuck dude
what the FUCK was impressive about the helicopter ride. im on a 55" 4K tv with a ps4 pro
>>
>>387924128
>if you can't [see] anything that would get someone excited in the first 20 minutes of the game then... then maybe you need to reconnect with humanity.
>>
Typhon is a shit enemy. It's a good game but the few enemy types really dragged this game down to only above average
>>
>>387915058
A thread just archived that had a strawpoll on the OP. The answer was that the game was worth playing by around 70% of 300 votes.

Personally, I think it's probably the best western game in like 10 years.
>>
>>387924240
not a fucking argument. at least tell me you were impressed by the visuals or something. shits just a bunch of buildings.
>>
>>387924758
nobody cool clicks on strawpoll links retard
>>
>>387924813
>not an argument
haha loser
>>
It's really good. Never listen to /v/ saying a game is shit.
>>
>>387924974
never listen to /v/
FTFY
>>
>>387925178
that's like saying I always tell the truth, and this statement is false.
>>
>>387925239
what came first, the weavers or the neural network?
>>
>>387924758
I agree. This game is way better than most of the shit that's come out recently.
>>
Very intense beginning when you are underpowered and struggling for your life.
However, by the ending I found myself feeling pretty invincible, even on the hardest difficulty as the whole game is trivialised by the low cost high duration no save dominate abilities.
If you want a fun game, stay the fuck away from those abilities.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.