[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you be picking up the Gold/Silver boxes /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19

File: DH2GYJeXsAAbkTF.jpg:large.jpg (189KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
DH2GYJeXsAAbkTF.jpg:large.jpg
189KB, 1200x628px
Will you be picking up the Gold/Silver boxes /v/?
>>
I was hoping they'd put something like a reprint of the instruction book in it but there's nothing mentioned in the product description
>>
File: nothing.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>no gamecard included
>>
>>387910246
>UK and Nip Exclusive
Fuck NoA
>>
What is even the point when there is HG/SS?
>>
wow a video game box truly everything i wished for
>>
>>387911441
Nostalgiafags will buy literally anything.
>>
Is it just a fucking box?
>>
>>387911441
Because HG/SS is worse than the originals in every way but graphics.
>>
>>387911571
Care to explain why?
>>
>>387911571
t. I love sucking Snorlax cock
>>
>Gold and Silver
>No Crystal
Yeah, I'd totally love to play the games that don't have the improvements of Crystal.
>>
>>387911571
>Fixed Kanto
>Added a Safari Zone and extra shit to Johto
>no retarded strict limit on what Pokemon you could bring into the game before you beat the elite four like FRLG
>Added gym leader rematches and a second elite four match
>Both versions of the music are good for different reasons
How exactly is that at all the case you retard?
>>
>>387911571
But thats wrong. Also, G/S is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>387911571
the graphics are worse...
>>
I'd actually have bought it if they included a gamecard. Instead I'll pirate it as was my original intention.
>>
>>387911701
They gotta stagger it by 3 months so nintendo whales will buy it twice
>>
>>387911731
Too much hand holding.
>>
>>387911675
Nostalgia faggotry.

>>387911441
They're prohibitively expensive and some people have nostalgia for the originals.
>B-but emulation
Then why would you buy any of these rereleases at all?
>>
>>387911740
t. hoenn babby
>>
>>387911731
>>Both versions of the music are good for different reasons

LOL

HG/SS soundtrack is absolutely shockingly shit
>>
>>387911809
>Too much hand holding.
Now, it's been years since I played it, but the only hand holding I recall was the tutorial guy asking you if you wanted a tutorial, along with what's her face trying to teach you how to play. It's kind of annoying, but way less intrusive than how FR/LG did it.
>>
>>387910246
pretty sure it's already available as a cia
>>
>>387911740
>>387911896
R/S are the truely overrated games.
>No backwards compatibility
>Muh min maxing
>Too many dragons
>Shitty waterlogged region with mostly boring Pokemon
inb4 genwunner, my favorite gen is V.
>>
>>387911740
Still the best gen
>>
File: 1497311070016.jpg (29KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1497311070016.jpg
29KB, 400x307px
>playing HG
>they let you get a mareep before falkner
>>
>>387911809
Forced shitty kimono girl story that ends with you being forced to fight/catch your legendary is the thing that pisses me off the most.
>>
>>387912156
Generation 3s shitty style in everything from gameplay to Pokemon designs killed Pokemon for me more than anything else.
>>
>>387911942
I genuinely like both for different reasons, where are these supposed shockingly shit tracks at, faggot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWlTF-56oE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM&t=59s
>>
>>387911731
>Fixed Kanto
No the fuck they didn't.
>Safari Zone
A gimmicky one at that. Better yet, here.

>Boring region
>The worst starters(Feraligatr is the only viable one)
>Most of the Pokemon you meet are from Gen I
>Gen II was a Gen I expansion more than an actual Gen II, HGSS was their chance to make it somewhat salvageable and they failed
>Kanto was watered down and barren, and it shows that Johto had to get neutered for it to matter at all
>Trainer rematches are a bitch and a half, and some are outright useless
>Gym Leader rematches require a specific set of conditions that are tedious as hell, but needed if you want to level up your team sufficiently
>Level scaling is horrendus. Even with a lucky egg, I was still struggling to get some of my guys to LV. 50
>Wild Pokemon in Kanto are LV. 5-10 but the trainers are 40+
>Gen II's batch of Pokemon are comprised of shitty throwaways that had to wait until Gen IV to become useful, and even then there's a good chunk of them that are still ass. Only a few were viable to use
>The remakes didn't fix any of the problems at all. None at all. The Apricorn balls are useless still, there's no reason to use Chikorita or Cyndaquil, the latter only being a Fire-type and even then you can use a Flying-type or Fighting-type to do its work, and it only showed you couldn't do a multi-region game
>The special stat was fixed, but you still had Pokemon who had tremendous attack but still had special type STAB. Sneasel was damn near useless and Hitmonchan still couldn't utilize the elemental punches
>Gen II's variety was so bad, Lance had to use three Dragonites and didn't even use a Kingdra. Even Bruno could make a team of six Fighting-types back in Gen I. Gen IV had to fix another one of Gen II's problems yet again

Gen II is weak, and the remakes didn't add anything worth keeping along with adding more problems.
>>
ITS
>>
>>387912285
Can't believe I forgot about this despite hating it
>>
File: 1494180417141.png (31KB, 974x522px) Image search: [Google]
1494180417141.png
31KB, 974x522px
>tfw threw away the cartons as soon as I got the games when I was small
>>
They're just a marketing tool, so they can put it on the shelves. Probably get some nostalgiafags who haven't been into pokemon for years who walk past and impulse buy
>>
File: 1474561813782.jpg (54KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474561813782.jpg
54KB, 657x527px
>>387912510
>tfw saved the boxes but mom threw them away anyway
>>
Are they going to make you buy a new 3DS/2DS to get Celebii like they did with Mew and the limited edition 2DS?
>>
File: 1502546026020.png (107KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1502546026020.png
107KB, 633x758px
>>387912510
>>
>implying they wont just release a super edition orwhatever the fuck like iwht sun/moon
>implying they wont release crystal

lol wait a year or 2 guys just be patient
>>
File: 1470590497853.png (2MB, 1275x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1470590497853.png
2MB, 1275x1041px
>>387912510
I still have most of my gameboy game boxes including pokemon blue, gold and ruby. Lost the boxes for almost all my N64 games though.
>>
>>387912271
Wasn't that only via a weird code to get an egg early?
I never used that, it seemed kind of cheap. Regardless, Falkner was easier in HG anyway, thanks to his obnoxious mudslap tactics being swapped out for roost, a fantastic move that he couldn't use well.

>>387912363
I'm convinced that most Hoennbabies are people who are too young to remember Gen I/II, and weren't around for the reactions and ramifications of the Gen. You have to remember, Gen II was a straight improvement on Gen I, and only added things to the formula. Gen III started this dangerous and unfortunate precedence that still haunts the series to this day. And that's Gamefreak's philosophy of "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back", where they'll cut beloved and well received features from older gens when moving into a new gen. It started with the lack of backwards compatibility and day/night cycle in Gen III, and has recently been one of the biggest issues with the last two gens.

>>387912394
Now you're just arguing that Gen II is bad in general, which was not the original argument.
Some of those don't even apply to the Gen II remakes, such as the complaint about STAB (HG/SS was Gen IV, which was the gen that introduced the new special/physical split)
>>
>>387911441

Gen 1/2 imports have 3 perfect I.Vs, easy to maniplulate natures, and hidden abilities. That and exclusive combos like curse poison heal Gliscor.
>>
>>387913012

>Wasn't that only via a weird code to get an egg early?

no, the guy that usually checks if you beat Falkner before letting you pass isnt there
>>
>>387912394
>Boring region
The only region with fun exploration besides Sinnoh*
>The worst starters(Feraligatr is the only viable one)
>Caring a fuck about competitive Pokemon
>Most of the Pokemon you meet are from Gen I
You have to go out of your way to find rare and cool Pokemon, it's by far the best design for Pokemon distribution.
Much better than the gen 5 and up method of just shoving 20 Pokemon into a single patch of grass.
>Gen II was a Gen I expansion more than an actual Gen II, HGSS was their chance to make it somewhat salvageable and they failed
Underaged retard. Pokemon Gen 2 is the Street Fighter 2 of the series as far as introducing core concepts. What exactly did they not fix from GSC
>Kanto was watered down and barren, and it shows that Johto had to get neutered for it to matter at all
We're talking about HGSS not GSC anon.
>Gym Leader rematches require a specific set of conditions that are tedious as hell, but needed if you want to level up your team sufficiently
>Introduce a mechanic that plays like something from GSC (Having to find the brothers and sisters on each day of the week)
>This is somehow bad
No, I enjoyed the fuck out of this as somebody who liked GSC and it kept me coming back to the game instead of the entire singleplayer just being a faster track means to get to the metagame online
>Level scaling is horrendus. Even with a lucky egg, I was still struggling to get some of my guys to LV. 50
Why would you need them any higher. 50 is right around when I challenge and beat the elite four every time.
>Wild Pokemon in Kanto are LV. 5-10 but the trainers are 40+
This one was dumb but the pack the place with trainers so it works out fine.
>>Gen II's batch of Pokemon are comprised of shitty throwaways that had to wait until Gen IV to become useful, and blah blah
>Muh competitive
How about no. Gen 2 has the god tier designs.

Is Apricorn Balls really the best you fucking have? Blow it out your ass anon.
>>
>>387913012
>Some of those don't even apply to the Gen II remakes
Duh? I'm talking all of Gen II, as in Johto and all elements relating to it. I'm not that anon that originally applied to you.
>>
Last pokemon game i played was SS. Which of the newer gens should i give a try?
>>
>>387911441
Hg/Au*
>>
>>387913254

BW2 are pretty fun, XY/SM are okay, too hand holdy though. ORAS is pretty crap but is the best way to rebuild a collection thanks to Dexnav, move tutors, and the shit load of legendaries.
>>
>>387913254
try emulating gen V and go from there
>>
>>387913189
Really? I remember otherwise, but again it's been a while.

>>387913241
Then why reply the way you did?
Fucking dumbass.

>>387913206
I love Gen II, but it had some really shitty Pokemon designs and a ton of Pokemon that were useless even in-game.
>>
>>387911441
HG/SS has gen 3 and 4 monsters. How the hell am I supposed to nostalgia all over that game with double the monsters? Shitty ones at that.
>>
File: 23415623452.jpg (37KB, 577x600px) Image search: [Google]
23415623452.jpg
37KB, 577x600px
>>387911823
it only adds content

how is it worse

how
>>
>>387913254
BW is a love it or hate it sort of deal, I personally love it but to each their own.
B2W2 is like BW but with a huge dex and an improved post-game, and remixes the region a bit.
Gen VI and beyond are eh.
>>
>>387912394
>Only a few were viable to use
>muh viability
All that matters is using the ones you like.
>>
>>387910246
>a fucking box
NINTENDO WON
>>
>>387913662
Yeah man. My team of unowns is more than enough to have a fun, satisfying experience!
>>
>>387913697
Fuck off.
>>
>>387913206
>Caring a fuck about competitive Pokemon
I'm not talking about competitiveness, way to get in your emotions. You have no reason to get Chikorita or Cyndaquil when you have Flying-types and Fighting-types to take care of its coverage, and Chikorita is trash.
>You have to go out of your way to find rare and cool Pokemon, it's by far the best design for Pokemon distribution.
If I play a new game with new Pokemon pushed as a selling point, I shouldn't have to go to the first game's region to find them.
>Underaged retard. Pokemon Gen 2 is the Street Fighter 2 of the series as far as introducing core concepts
26. And there's introducing concepts and utilizing them further. You can introduce sixteen features but if they aren't built on, they're useless bloat.
>We're talking about HGSS not GSC anon.
I'm talking ALL of Gen II, remakes included.
>Why would you need them any higher. 50 is right around when I challenge and beat the elite four every time.
Because some people want to? Are you actually defending that awful level scaling?
>blah blah
And here you prove you can't refute my point and insist on being blinded by nostalgia.

>>387913406
Because you can't praise something while ignoring its flaws, and Gen II's flaws were not improved on.
>>
>>387913357

Oh and I forgot to say no point in getting SM now when the enhanced editions are coming in November.
>>
>>387910246
I sure can't wait to pick up a box that only contains a download code for an 18 year old game for only 19.99.
>>
>>387913254
I didnt care too much for X/Y, but Sun & Moon have been pretty comfy
>>
So, is there any reason why X/Y work so shit in emulation but all later games are working good?
>>
>>387910246
>box for a download code
lol
I already have it physical anyway.
>>
>>387911571
no, it's also worse in graphics because it ruins the artstyle
>>
>>387913254
B/W was good since it tried a soft reboot with a region only inhabited by 5th gen Pokemon until postgame. More plot, which is hit or miss, and the story path through the region is very linear, but i still enjoyed the improved battle speed and some of the characters.

BW2 improves on BW in pretty much every way with more content, a sleeker UI, new gyms and music along with redone ones, new towns, a different progression through the map, a harder difficulty option, and one of the best post game facilities in the series, the Pokemon World Tournament. Previous gen pokemon can also be found during the story to balance out BW1's "new pokemon only" selection and the Pokedex keeps track of what can be found in each area and how.
>>
>>387913752
Lol, looks lik3 we have a nerd alert
>>
>>387913445
It helped me cure my collect-em-all autism. HG+Platinum and you can get pretty much everything. I still had to use a cheating device for event legendaries and some version-exclusive shitters but otherwise it was a beatable challenge unlike Gen 3.
>>
>>387913952
X/Y is utter shit to it's very core
>>
>>387910246
I really love that old art style
>>
>>387914334
not as shit as gen4 or gen7
>>
>>387914334
Shittier than Omega Ruby?
>>
>>387914496
>both are Gen 6
Maybe there's a connection...
>>
>>387913752
Actually Chikorita was considered the best of the three starters in Gen II for most types of runs, despite the rocky start and difficulty with most gyms, thanks to it having far greater utility and performing better in its niche than the other two.

That said, almost every starter in every gen is outclassed by something, and that's a dumb argument to use.
>Charizard is outclassed by Moltres
>Venusaur is outclassed by Exeggutor
>Blastoise is outclassed by Starmie
and so on.

Also, all the starters in Gen II are mono type, and the only one you aren't complaining about is the one that actually has the tightest competition, thanks to how many fucking water types exist.
And spoiler warning, Feraligatr doesn't stack up to the big boys of the water typing. At least grass has utility and fire is somewhat rare.
>>
>>387914237
>a harder difficulty option
They were unbelievably retarded with its implementation though
>>
>>387914496
It has a little bit of nostalgic value and at least in OR I can use the circle pad to move around without being forced into roller skates that zoom me around the screen and make it hard to go through doors or talk to NPCs
>>
>>387914452
Only D/P are shit, Plat fixes most of D/P's issues and HG/SS are great.
>>
>>387914832
dp are shit, platinum is shit lite, and hg/ss are a wash, being better and worse in various ways than the games they are remakes of
>>
>>387914882
Nice opinions.
>>
>>387914716
>and fire is somewhat rare
True, but Typhlosion can also learn Thunderpunch (which can be bought early in Goldenrod City) to cover its weakness, and has the SpA to use . So it has that going for it.
>>
>>387914996
same
>>
>>387911441
I legitimately prefer going through Crystal more than Heartgold. As much as I can enjoy the nostalgiapandering, Heartgold just always feels too slow for me.
>>
>>387915002
I was so disappointed that I couldn't get elemental punches early on in HG/SS. Thunderpunch typhlosion was the shit
>>
>>387915090
this
>>
>>387914716
>Charizard is outclassed by an endgame legendary
Wew. Also Victreebel>Exeggutor
>>
>>387914795
Oh no doubt about that. The way Challenge Mode is accessed is beyond retarded, but I'm still glad it even exists.
>>
>>387915090
>complain about slowness
>prefers gen 2, a slow as molasses gen, even worse than DP
Spotted the rose tinted glasses
>>
>>387915049
Plat takes the decent concepts of D/P, dramatically improves type diversity by expanding the dex, ups the speed, and generally increases the difficulty and adds more end game.
So yeah it's pretty good.

>>387915159
>Victreebel>Exeggutor
Maybe in later gens, but in Gen I? Hell no. Exeggutor was a god among grass types back then. Even in the remakes, Exeggutor's access to psychic attacks gives it an edge in the predominantly poison region.
>>
>>387910246
I would if there was ANYTHING IN IT. It literally just holds a strip of paper with a download code on it. This is the same shit Nintendo did last month when they started selling Splatoon 2 Switch Boxes. That is right, just the box, no game, and no Switch inside. I would laugh at the fact that Nintendo is actually selling this shit, but then I get sad because I remember that there are people out there dumb enough to actually buy JUST the boxes. I like Nintendo games, but as a company, it is bad, and as for the fans, well, it is obvious from the Smash tourneys that they are all a bit "special".
>>
>>387915373
dp is broken at its core
i agree with everything you said but it amounts to polishing a turd. dp is inherently not fun and no amount of polish can fix that
>>
>>387915470
Platinum is a far superior game than junk like gen 1 or gen 2
>>
File: 1481058598356.gif (85KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481058598356.gif
85KB, 480x270px
>>387915335
I also never found DP all that slow, so I'm just an odd bird.
Rose tinted glasses or not, if I play Crystal I feel like I'm getting into the game faster than Heartgold, which I lose interest in on trying to replay it. I mean, I appreciate most of the updates, and I liked my first playthrough well enough, but I still prefer Crystal.
>>
>>387915419
But it's the same price as the download anyway and you get a box
>>
>>387911731
Slower gameplay killed these games for me. I think the DP games had the same problem. They were all shit.
>>
>>387915669
it would be if it wasn't so mind-numbingly boring
>>
>>387911750
Graphics made the game play slower I think.
>>
Nintendo is the only company that can sell a 50 dollar box to the retarded
>>
>>387915738
Any self respecting nostalgia fag should just play their old game or emulate than pay money to get something they already bought again.
>>
>>387915470
Give it some credit, DP isn't RS after all.
The region is distinct, and the wintery aesthetic gives if a very unique look among the games. The region is also large, diverse, and somewhat branching (something that's improved upon in Plat). The Physical/Special split was god send, the villains were actually threatening for once, and the region has the best Champ fight in any of the games. These positives were buried under the mountain of shit that was D/P, sure, but Plat washed away the shit and revealed the gems that were lying underneath.

I didn't want to mention new mons because it's subjective, but I do think that DP had some really good new Pokemon. It's just a shame that so much of the new dex was wasted on legendaries, which is probably my biggest complaint with the Gen in general.
>>
>>387915738
Think of the rainforests
>>
Nintendo fandom is a mental illness
>>
>>387915757
lol are you retarded?
Or do you just not remember how fucking slow games before gen 3 were? Not even DP were that slow, and Platinum is pretty damn fast paced
>>
>>387915953
even platinum couldn't fix the terrible pacing desu
>>
>>387913729
If you like unowns only then might as well get a team of them that spell out I'M A FAG
>>
>>387915717
>I also never found DP all that slow
Then you don't remember it very well. Health at high levels drained at an unbearably slow pace, and your surfing speed was limited to your on-land walk speed. That worked in Gen I-III because your walk speed was decently fast, but suddenly Gen IV dramatically decreased the walk speed. On land that's fine because you can just run almost anywhere that gen anyway, but in water, where you had no way of boosting your speed, it resulted in frustratingly long treks any time you wanted to go through a water route.
>>
>>387916126
>IMAFAG
>>
>>387915090
>auto running shoes
>faster moving bike

How the fuck does it feel slower you mongoloid, its objectively faster
>>
>>387916498

Battle speed silly.
>>
>>387914716
>almost every starter in every gen is outclassed by something
By then, you have access to a lot more resources. You don't need Chikorita when you can get Oddish, Hoppip and Bellsprout, Cyndaquil is literally "HEY I'M A FIRE TYPE USE ME" and Feraligatr is the third option that really doesn't have any negatives. I push for a diverse team, so having a Fire-type is redundant when I can have a Flying-type with good speed and a Fighting-type for good attack, along with Wooper having fantastic type-coverage along with STAB'ing said type. And again, Feraligatr's lack of keeping up doesn't mean anything when by the time of critical battling, you already have enough resources to use.

At the start, you have to pick one, hence the name starter. Totodile is the best choice when you take into consideration the distribution of Pokemon in Johto.
>>
>>387916901
What are you talking about? It takes fucking forever to encounter a battle and the animations are way sluggier in gen 2
Hell, in HGSS turning off animations makes battles really fast
>>
File: 1481678268818.png (97KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481678268818.png
97KB, 575x350px
>>387916498
I'm clearly speaking subjectively, mate. Even with all that, the game is sort of a bore to go through.
The charms of following Pokemon, the region in a new coat of paint and even the pokewalker were nice when it first came out, but I don't really care for certain things like how they do berries and apricorns, and other small changes that don't keep me all that engaged.
>>
>HGSS is worse than GS

Nostalgiafags are THIS retarded
>>
>>387917950
Next you will be telling me gen1 isn't the best
>>
>>387918194
Because HGSS, Platinum, Emerald and B2W2 exists
>>
>>387911571
You have it backwards. HGSS are fantastic regarding content updates but the aesthetics (artstyle and music) are worse than GSC.
>>
GS has better color aesthics, music's and isn't slow as shit like every gen 4 game
>>
>>387917258
>You don't need Chikorita when you can get Oddish, Hoppip and Bellsprout
Chikorita resists ground, something Oddish and Bellsprout don't do.
Grass/Flying is an awful type combo.

>Totodile is the best choice when you take into consideration the distribution of Pokemon in Johto.
Except you can get a better water type by the second route. No other starter in the series is outclassed as quickly.
And it's not like this is Gen I, where your starter kind of matters. You can get a Geodude almost as soon as you get Pokeballs, which alone can invalidate the first 3 gyms. By the time you get to a gym that it can't solo, you have more than enough options to make a fully diverse team, starter or not. Totodile is only the best option for a solo run, which you probably aren't doing unless you're speed running or are a child.
>>
>>387918516
>>387918705
>shitty color palettes better than HG/SS amazing spritework
>shitty screeching bleep bloops better than HGSS arrangements

So this is the power of nostalgiafags
>>
File: awaken my masters.jpg (180KB, 620x502px) Image search: [Google]
awaken my masters.jpg
180KB, 620x502px
>>387919139
>shitty screeching bleep bloops
If you can't appreciate music on limited hardware I feel sorry for you, anon.
>>
>>387919386
>i-its the hardware's fault that it sucks!
>>
File: 1481173949354.gif (355KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1481173949354.gif
355KB, 200x180px
>>387917950
>>387919139
Isn't it kind of dumb to complain about nostalgiafags when the games were made to market towards and completely centers around appeasing them?
>>
>>387919502
My point is that it doesn't suck.
>>
>>387911243
Then what's in it?
>>
>>387919139
Love HGSS but they straight out butchered some of the most iconic songs

>goldenrod city in HGSS

Disgusting
>>
>>387918705
>and isn't slow as shit
Replay the games again.
It takes 10 seconds to go from grass encounter to selecting a move in any wild Pokemon battle in GSC while it takes about 7.5 or 8 seconds in HGSS
>>
Does this mean we are going to get Alola forms for Johton monsters in USM?
The timing would be the same as Kanto and SM.
>>
>>387910246
I already picked it up years ago. Besides I can already play it on my 3DS for free.
>>
>>387919760
HGSS fixed the awful gym leader battle and new bark town, and straight up upgraded the route musics
>>
>>387920008
hence "some", like the kanto town themes as well
>>
>>387918743
>Chikorita resists ground, something Oddish and Bellsprout don't do
Poison immunity. I'll give you Hoppip though the options are there.
>Except you can get a better water type by the second route
Which I mentioned in the same post, and also doesn't have Geodude's glaring weakness.
>>
>>387920008
I will fucking fight you on that, New Bark Town is great in GSC. It's the only town theme in Johto that uses the waveform channel for its melody, making it very unique comparatively. I love all the songs in GSC that use the New Bark waveform.
>>
>>387919836
Makes sense since gen 2 was released in Pokemon go this year. Good to adervtise it
>>
Want to emulate OR/AS

how do?
>>
>>387920329
Speaking of starters, what Cyndaquil replacements are there? I can't remember if Growlithe is Crystal only or not.
>>
>>387912394
I love the fact that Gen II feels like an expanded Gen I. No other Pokemon games have really had that same feeling as the first two gens.
>>
>>387920665
Any Flying/Fighting-type.
>>
File: 1382389081855.jpg (158KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1382389081855.jpg
158KB, 854x859px
>>387910246
> paying for a game that has already seen a remake with much better graphics
> actually paying for a game that you can emulate on a fucking toaster
I don't understand. But then again, you fucktards keep on throwing your money at those shitty amiibo plastic toys and thus support all that nice on-disc DLC that Nintendo has been shitting out.
Keep on ruining video games, you pieces of shit.
>>
>>387920884
You keep saying stupid shit, but it's not ever going to be entirely true.
>>
File: Yawning2.jpg (310KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Yawning2.jpg
310KB, 849x565px
>>387910246
>no Crystal
into the trash it goes
>>
>>387919836
>Does this mean we are going to get Alola forms for Johton monsters in USM?
No that would involve USM having content
>>
>>387921623
But it has a new Lycanroc and Kommo-o got a Z crystal! That's looooooooooads of content!
>>
>>387911441
Johto is a shitty region and the only reason to like it is atmosphere which the over-arranged music, awful color choices, new fluff mechanics, and shit like the Kimono Girls' storyline ruin

Only good things HGSS do are fix Kanto as a map, though it did nothing to fix the real problem of Kanto feeling dead and empty, and make more of the 152~251 Pokemon available before the credits, but they require using the godawful Johto Safari Zone which thanks to being tied to real time you will not even unlock fully in the amount of time it should take to clear a full run
>>
>>387910246
Comes with box, stickers and download code.
GG Nintendo
>>
>>387913012
>Gen II was a straight improvement on Gen I
Except for the parts where it wasn't, like the level balance of the single player adventure and the general variety of monsters during it

Right?
>>
I wonder why they went with GS only when Crystal was the definitive game of that era
>>
Only Nintendo fans are this retarded
>>
File: 1401927463523.png (8KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
1401927463523.png
8KB, 208x243px
>>387922857
Just wait
>>
>>387922857
They hate kris
>>
>>387915953
The new evolutions and pre-evolutions for old Pokemon are just as, if not more guilty of padding the Sinnoh dex as the legendaries. It would be slightly more okay if they actually gave you access to those evolved Pokemon during the main adventure, but a lot of them aren't available until postgame IIRC.
>>
>>387922724
>Level balance
Gen I didn't have fantastic balance either, requiring a lot of grinding from the 8th gym to the Elite 4. Not as bad as Gen II, but Gen I wasn't perfect in that regard.

>the general variety of monsters during it
Hell no. Ignoring Starters, in Gen I, by the first gym, you had access to
>Normal, Flying, Poison, Bug, Electric
In Gen II, by the first gym, you had access to
>Normal, Flying, Poison, Bug, Water, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Grass
And unlike Gen I, you didn't have these arbitrary event common mon that you could only get once ever, thanks to breeding being a thing. Which means you can easily get all the Eeveelutions in one game, without breeding or glitches, or all of the Hitmon- Pokemon.
>>
>>387923427
That's actually one of my biggest issues with DP, and why I like Plat so much more. The integration of the new evolutions was a much needed change.
>>
>>387920660
Just play Emerald, you don't want to play ORAS.
>>
I still own Soul Silver so...no?
>>
>>387922857
Korea only got GS so to be fair everyone's only getting GS

Also Japanese Crystal is fucked and they probably don't wanna have to dig around its code to make it work like western Crystal, or restore the online services then dig around the western Crystal to reimplement reimplement the online features in the games themselves
>>
File: 1500826841175.jpg (18KB, 558x529px) Image search: [Google]
1500826841175.jpg
18KB, 558x529px
>>387913206
>You have to go out of your way to find rare and cool Pokemon, it's by far the best design for Pokemon distribution.
Ah yes, I loved how you had to go to Kanto to get a Houndour
>>
>>387919139
HGSS music arrangements are not bad, they're just unnecessarily overdone
A prime example of this is National park music
>>
>Still got my GB Silver and Crystal boxes in mint condition
Nah m8.
>>
>>387924228
It's not like they haven't done that before.
When Nintendo released Mother 1 and 2 together on GBA, they basically just took the English Beta of Mother 1, translated it back to Japanese, and used that. They even retained some of the censorship, like removing the cigar from the crow sprite.
>>
>>387923435
Grinding is never needed. The level balance in gen 1 works fine, which is less surprising than you'd think when you actually stop to consider the game flow and how much it restricts your progress, even though people tout gen 1 as one of the more open games in the series since you can do a leave couple gym leaders for later and do them 'out of order' if you wish.

But gen 2 completely drops the ball as soon as you get out of Ecruteak. Opponents are disgustingly UNDERleveled compared to you when you return to take the route you left for later. They only start getting some bite back with Clair and the Elite Four, and then the difficulty plummets again for Kanto, and the remainder of the game barring Red, who's a decent challenge for a final boss.

As for monster variety, for a sequel game where the new monsters are a marketing focus, it sure is tough to get some of those Johto newcomers in your team. A decent chunk of the new Pokemon are pre-evolutions, one of which you get at random from an egg and others are busywork for when you start figuring out breeding. Other Pokemon are available shockingly late, with some only appearing in Kanto, which is something people have scratched their heads over since the games came out. What's left? A bunch of Kanto Pokemon. If you like them, then sure, the variety is alright.
>>
File: Serena Mega Evolving.png (75KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Mega Evolving.png
75KB, 400x240px
My problem with Pokemon is that it constantly removes features from the past games in later installments, and then adds back some for the inevitable third versions. Even remakes, like FRLG, HGSS and ORAS remove content that was in the games right before them, with FRLG cutting the Tower and Contests, HGSS having no Underground and Contests, and ORAS gutting customization in favor of protagonist redesigns.

The only time when this doesn't happen is in GSC, an improvement in almost every way compared to RGBY.
>>
>>387919653
air
>>
>>387923689
Is it that bad?
>>
>>387922857
Japanese crystal had that cellphone shit that is probably impossible to implement on the 3DS, and cutting it completely like the euro and NA versions most likely will make nips angry
>>
>>387910246
back to your containment board
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/
>>
>>387924579
It's RS with extra story elements, easier maingame, more multiplayer-friendly things and no Battle Frontier. It's overhated, but if you're into single player postgame battling, you're much better off playing Emerald.
>>
>>387924749
thnx mate
>>
>>387911441
I fucking hate the music in HG/SS
>>
>>387924572
>this is what passes for a heroine design
Otakus killed Pokemon
>>
>>387924579
ORAS is playable and has a couple good ideas like making Secret Bases online-compatible and implementing Dexnav (which should have been a feature in every game from now on but you know how Game Freak is about retaining good ideas), but it gets so many things wrong. Game is made even more casual, extra handholding is added and the game's been made more linear, almost all the features from Emerald are missing, several features from Ruby and Sapphire are missing, some locations like New Mauville have been gutted, and the Delta Episode is one of the worst-written things Game Freak has ever done (though the cutscene where you ride Rayquaza into space is pretty metal). I will give ORAS credit and say it does a better job at handling Brendan/May, Wally, and Team Magma and Aqua (until the reveal that Magma and Aqua were both just pawns being manipulated by the villain of the Delta Episode), but it doesn't really make up for everything done wrong.
>>
>>387924526
That was 2003, not 2017. The only two VC releases to do anything close to that thorough are Sin & Punishment, which just translated the text on the tutorial and ending cutscene, and Monster World IV getting a full translation, which was in Sega's hands.
>>
>>387925001
She looks much more realistic than Kris and May. Green has the best overall design though, shame we never got to see more of her.
>>
>>387924572
Even GSC is missing some things that were in Kanto in RBY like the Safari Zone, but then Kanto was a last-minute addition that they rushed through so they didn't have to delay the game a fourth time. Given how fucked up the development of GSC was it's really incredible that it turned out so good.
>>
>>387925001
That's customized charcter
>>
>>387910246

No because I've been playing Gold/Silver/Crystal on my 3DS for two years now
>>
File: zero to hero.png (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
zero to hero.png
2MB, 1200x1200px
>>387925001
Serena is great.
>>
File: protagonist outfits.png (2MB, 2000x1680px) Image search: [Google]
protagonist outfits.png
2MB, 2000x1680px
>>387925001
If you don't like that outfit you could always go for something more nostalgic.

>>387925750
This.
>>
>>387924627
Not even the nips used the Mobile GB actually.
>>
>>387925970
How is Citra coming along?
>>
>>387926221
It still runs XY terribly, from what I've heard. Those screenshots are actually from a 3DS with CFW.
>>
>>387914452
I don't know what are you talking about, gen 4 was the last good one, starting gen 5 pokemon were shit and had no design or imagination, and yes anon I played x,y moon,sun and or as, and d,p.
>>
>there's people who actually enjoy the single player of Pokémon
>and at the same time, shit on the multiplayer
what the fuck? am I missing something? Pokémon is piss-easy after you learn the typings, and then all that's left is the PVP, which can be very enjoyable if you learn how it works proper
>>
Gen 1 - Get fucked in the ass by Psychic types
Gen 2 - Get fucked in the ass by Snorlax
Gen 3 -
Gen 4 - Get fucked in the ass by weather teams
Gen 5 -
Gen 6 -
Gen 7 -

Fill the rest
>>
>>387928146
Gen 6 - Get fucked in the ass by Primal Groudon
>>
>>387928146
Gen 5 was the weather wars meta
>>
>>387919653
piece of paper with eshop code

>>387910246
>3DS eshop
>software linked to the particular console it was activated on and not your account
>if you lose your console or do system reset without transferring your games to new console first, they're lost
nah thanks, I'll pirate it tho, like every other game that didn't get physical release, fuck digital only releases, especially on 3DS
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.