[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of the Xenosaga games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: xenosaga.png (585KB, 747x346px) Image search: [Google]
xenosaga.png
585KB, 747x346px
What does /v/ think of the Xenosaga games?
>>
>>387908687
One of my favorite series of games, but the cutscenes kind of hamper any efforts for a replay. Episode III is my personal favorite; Literally did everything right.
>>
>>387908687
An ambitious project with results that fell short. The lore is pretty cool, but the gameplay in the first two is pretty tedious. Worth playing if you have 300 hours to spare.
>>
>>387908687
Occasionally good when it isn't drowining itself in pretentious religious references that very few people would even get. No wonder Namco cut the project down from 6 intended games to just 3.
>>
>>387908687
Too much pretentious DEEP shit shoved on your face for the sake of it, KOS-MOS is really the only thing that most people remember from the series, okay that her delicious brown version.
>>
>>387908687
1&3 are good, 2 not that much IMO.

>Remaster never ever

Why even live?
>>
>>387908687
I unironically enjoyed 2. It had the best battle system.
>>
>>387909379
>tfw the owner of the Operation KOS-MOS Facebook page bailed in the first months
Maybe we were doomed from the start. Honestly though, they don't even need to remaster it they could just add to the PSN as a PS2 classic
>>
>>387909379
>Remaster never ever

I remember some rumors of a remaster a few years ago. After .hack got revived out nowhere, it would surprised me if it happened eventually.

Btw does anyone know what the PCSX2 compatibility is like for these games?
>>
>being europoor
>buy Xenosaga 2
>watch the first "movie" that came with the special edition
>play Xenosaga 2
I had okay time
>>
I recently bought these from a local pre-owned game shop. Maybe I'll start on them sooner rather than later.

How long will it probably take me to go through each game? I tend to be slow so it will probably take me 1.3x the time of a normal playthrough.
>>
Should've keep Deathblow mechanics and improve it, other than fucked up Kosmos design in 2 I like first one the most.

Dat calm before the storm before Gnosis attacking Woglinde and first Kosmos awakening.
>>
>>387910193
>>387909912
Looks like Sony hates money, they made SFV possible, but can't make this simple port available in PSN store? WTH MAN!
>>
>>387911770
Like 30-60 hours per game if you are very slow
>>
>>387908687
Kos-mos/chaos/Jr master race loadout.
Sometimes would swap in Ziggy.
>>
File: you can't handle the truth.png (206KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
you can't handle the truth.png
206KB, 530x298px
>>387908687
Really bad pacing. The creators had no idea how to present their story in a digestible way for a video game.

Gameplay isn't anything to write home about. It's pretty standard RPG fare, with very few unique attributes or any sort of real refinement.

The setting and story are interesting, which is basically the game's saving grace. But again, the presentation of that story is severely lacking. The game was also hampered by executive meddling and the story suffered for it.

6/10, will only appeal to people who really like its story, characters and setting. Far too ambitious for its own good.
>>
>>387908687
They were pretty fun games.
It also got such a terrible anime adaptation.
>>
>>387912221
Hmm that's not too bad. Could probably get through one every week and a half or so. Even faster when I switch to part time at my job.

Thanks anon. I just finished the nep games over the past 3 weeks and was wondering what to go for next.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.