[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Minecraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

What does /v/ think of Minecraft
>>
>>387900718
It's pretty fun if you ignore the fanbase.
At least for a while anyways. I tried playing it recently and got bored after a couple of hours.
>>
>>387900718
I used to try building shit like that, but then I realized at the end of the day it's just a bunch of blocks that don't really defend against anything anymore than a simple wood house.
>>
>>387900718
It died as soon as they added hunger.

I still play it just to build things to explore though. Working on making another castle.
>>
That right there is the shit I love about it. I wanna see more of that.

But no. The fanbase diluted that and saturated the living shit out of MineCraft content with memes and bronies.
>>
>tfw ancient warfare 2 will never be updated
fug
>>
It was already dead upon release.
The last good patch happened during the beta.
It was ok in its day.
After that it was all trash.
>>
I installed shaders a couple of days ago
but I will uninstall it anyway
>>
In try to avoid it because as soon as I get the itch and boot it up I'm zombified for a week straight. Its one of the most comfy (but unsettling as well) games I've played. It's nearly perfect. And I would never think a pixelated, block world could get me so immersed. I was so turned off by the art style when I was first hearing about Minecraft but shit, the game is so good that it doesn't matter.

This isn't bait, Minecraft is a 10/10 game.
>>
>>387900718
>>387900989
I'd say that it was better when it was more punishing.
Creepers were actually a threat and by the time hunger was introduced they were just some hissing faggots with minimal explosion radius
>>
File: ieninn.jpg (146KB, 1920x540px) Image search: [Google]
ieninn.jpg
146KB, 1920x540px
>Look mom! Can i have it for christmas???
>>
-----------BROWN BRICKS----------
>>
Fun, but it's easy to get bored of fast. And I don't have the attention span to get past the learning curve of most modpacks
>>
better than terraria
>>
>>387900718
great at the start, completely boring onwards, i really prefer if it was more like a game when you build shit but also do quests and have some monsters/dungeons/whatever, and not just a milion blocks to dig
>>
>>387900718
if there were dungeons that looked like that the game would be a ton of fun
i wish chocolate quest would update past 1.7.10
>>
I miss the infdev days back when it was new to me and I still had a shitload fun with it. There was a period of time where I'd go full autism and spend almost all of my free time playing it but now I don't even get that reinstall itch.
>>
>>387900718
It was fun and I would like to go back if it got new content, but it's dead update wise.
>>
File: 1501122626725.jpg (48KB, 588x581px) Image search: [Google]
1501122626725.jpg
48KB, 588x581px
>play Minecraft in 2009-2010 for first time
>play it entire day
>next day see blocks everywhere

this game made me trippy as fuck
>>
File: ......png (150KB, 318x350px) Image search: [Google]
......png
150KB, 318x350px
>>387900718
Really great idea that was never finished/realized too its fullest and had too rocky a start.

>too much restarting/too early access for its own good
The few servers I was on all basically died form disinterest as they had to continually reset the world so new things would spawn with every update. People didn't like constantly starting at the beginning when they were all working on huge projects, so they just stopped playing over time.

>the new updates weren't interesting or complimentary to the gameplay, most the time anyway
All enchanting did was make the game too easy. The intensity of crawling through caves with creepers literally falling ontop of you and exploding was gone, now that everyone had enchanted diamond armor that could take direct creeper blows no problem. At some point enemies became completely docile and survival felt like creative, only more tedious since you still had to mine and couldn't fly. This is what killed the game for me, personally.
Also they were way too slow adding things. Took them years just to add stupidly simple things like more decorative blocks, when modders could do the same over weekends. Mojang really are lazy pieces of shit..
>>
File: 1467952713237.jpg (47KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1467952713237.jpg
47KB, 475x475px
>>387900718
It always felt like a relaxing building simulator but I do feel hunger took a lot of fun from it away. Also whenever I look for minecraft videos they feel extremely artificial as they spaz out over explosions as crappy EDM is playing because Minecraft to me was suppose to be a relaxing game, not something that feels awkward to look at.

It's weird a video like this actually became reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3sjiXwM2Fk
>>
>>387902170
Thats called the Tetris effect.
>>
>>387901863
try Dragon Quest builders
>>
>>387900718
It's okay if you play with close friends, but gets boring after a week
>>
>>387901964
This, if they really wanted to push the whole rpg adventure part they should have put some effort into it.
Fucks sake one man mods are still several times better than the vanilla content.
>>
File: 1495655647314.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1495655647314.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
OIM HAVING A LAWWT OF FUN
>>
>>387900718
I judge games after the amount of time they were able to entertain me.

This is the by far best Game I've ever played.
>>
best game ever made
>>
too easy as a challenge/game, too simplistic for a construction sandbox (what do you expect when you're limited to 1x1 meter blocks?)

I had some fun though
>>
>>387902868
>minecraft mp in alpha/beta
not sure about anyone else but i thought those spastic ass doors coupled with lag were ridiculous
>way too slow adding things
seeing my first world continually build up from the updates that released was cool. you're right though, notch went on vacation more than adding content to his game
>>
What could be more fun than building brown bricks in Mineycrafta?
>>
>>387900962
tfw you will never get your 3d dwarf fortress fix
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.