[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the itch to play is coming back Is it worth it right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: wow legion.jpg (121KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wow legion.jpg
121KB, 640x360px
>tfw the itch to play is coming back

Is it worth it right now?
>>
File: 1503220770647.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503220770647.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
I really want to go back, but I can't stand the thought of farming AP or managing class hall minions again. Blizzard sure messed up a winning formula.
>>
>>387900527
>Do you have people to play with
You might enjoy the casual stuff

>Do you want to raid mythic
Enjoy farming AP and Legendaries for fucking ever
>>
>>387900527
I went back at the start of Legion and it was fine for the first couple of months, but the AP grind is a massive chore.

Once I finished most of my class hall quests and finished EN on Normal with a new guild I got terribly bored.

Are the new raid tiers worth it? Also anyone here have an updated DPS chart?

I started the xpac as an Fury Warrior and switched to Prot for easy matchmaking. How's Fury and Arms looking now? Also is the PvP any good?
>>
>>387901575
God I hated class hall/garrison missions.
>>
>>387900527
No.

I got legion a month before it launched and after I didn't play since BC. Seemed fun at first, but the magic is gone. It feels hollow, lonely and braindead easy.

You remember how the old WoW felt like a job but was really fun and you'd spend hours playing? Well it still feels like a job but without any rewards and with very temporal small bursts of fun that go as quickly as they come.

I liked transmogs though, it basically added a reason of going through old content and you could make some really fun costumes but that's really it.
>>
>>387901850
>>387902078
I played at the beginning of Legion but the AP farming felt like a chore. I guess it only got worse huh
>>
>>387902078
warcraftlogs.com for dps charts as measured in actual fight and actual gear
simulationcraft.org for patchwerk bis charts
>>
>Everyone complaining about AP farming
>Literally has not been a thing for months, a few world quests and your artifact is maxed out traits

gg /v/
>>
>>387901575
its at a point where you can just log on for raids after farming ap for a week. Once you hit concordance which takes a week you dont need to farm anymore ap unless you're min/maxing super hard. Garrison missions arent required anymore. The only issue right now is that for most classes some of the best gear are still from the old raid (2 piece Nighthold tier, whispers trinket for casters, convergence of fates trinket for melee/hunters) which drop from the last 2 bosses.
>>
>>387902560
Actually they made it really easy to reach concordance. It's not worth pursuing many more points after that.
>>
>>387902376
Warrior is currently #1 in dps
Ap farm is only till you hit concordance which isn't that hard if you get max artifact knowledge
Leggo grind is still pretty stupid but don't really need BiS to do mythic
>>
>>387900527
well... the lore is pretty much bullshit now, I can't stand seeing so many dead characters back.
>>
>>387902890
Thats not an issue, though. Thats how it should be. All gear shouldn't be made 100% useless when the next tier comes out.
>>
>>387902970
It started out pants on head retarded though.
>>
>>387900527

If you're a casual player you (currently) have to reach ilevel 910 and grind your artifact to rank 52 for concordance to start normal raiding. To get into Mythic raiding you either have to be with a tight group of progressing players or be cutting edge with every BiS legendary and none-stop AP grind with weekly +15 M+ clears.
>>
>>387902926
How are tanks? I have a monk but it was a pain in the ass to tank as brewmaster, did they change it?
>>
>>387903034
>To get into Mythic raiding you either have to be with a tight group of progressing players or be cutting edge with every BiS legendary and none-stop AP grind with weekly +15 M+ clears.

Funny how I'm mythic raiding without BiS, have never focused on grinding AP and have never done a +15 then, isn't it friendo
>>
>>387903034
>nonexistent AP grind
>one or two weekly dungeons
Isn't bad at all desu. I'd say to progress in raids you're best bet is a Prydaz because it has the most utility and damage isn't that important outside of something like Fallen Avatar, which by the time most people get to it, it will already be nerfed and people overgeared. Plus when 7.3 comes out players will be stronger.
>>
>>387903193

exactly, you're with progressing players. I know you aren't cutting edge (5+/9M) for ToS.
>>
>>387903341
I'm progressing Avatar.
>>
>>387902890
Sounds great. I really miss when your best in slot gear came from all kinds of places.
>>
>>387902981
The issue i was mentioning is that it's annoying trying to find groups to actually go back to the old raids unless your guild has any interest in going back. Elisande and Guldan are annoying to pug plus loot rules will be set to personal meaning you have about a 20% chance to even get a piece of loot fro those bosses once a week, on top of that the loot needs to be the trinkets.
The 2 tier pieces from Nighthold you would most want are the lower item budget pieces so that you aren't sacrificing too much of your main stat to get the tier bonuses. This means the shoulders, cloak, and gloves would be the tiers you from from Nighthold. Cloak is from Trilliax which you need to clear the first 2 bosses to get to, shoulders are from Tichondrius which is annoying as hell to pug because most pugs do not want to do it because of the trash clear, and the gloves are from Star auger which is annoying as hell if you have a retarded tank during phase 3.
>>
>>387903132
All tanks are fine. Paladins and Demon hunters (maybe warriors?) do have the most trouble and rely on externals from healers. Demon hunter tanks are gods in M+ if payed correctly
>>
File: 1494987571347.jpg (24KB, 294x272px) Image search: [Google]
1494987571347.jpg
24KB, 294x272px
>>387903438
Anon you can't dispute his shitpost or else people might think Legion is actually good.
>>
>>387901575
>tfw you want to play but all the """features""" Blizzard has added over the years turn you off from it
Way to pour sand in the gold mine.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.