[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DMC emulation vs pc version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg (64KB, 260x332px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg
64KB, 260x332px
I'm currently playing through dmc4 (steam version) and liking it a lot so far, but I've heard the PC port for dmc3 is really bad. Would it be better to emulate it?
>>
>>387897519
I believe there are patches that fix all the problems the port had.
>>
>>387897519
I managed to get a version on pc that played fine. although I wasn't using windows 10 so who knows
>>
>>387897519
I'm using windows 10 and the style switcher mod fixed the port for me
>>
playing it right now, with keyboard controls. Learning how to dodge and backflip so i can beat the boss on level 2 (I've ever played a DMC game before pls no bully)
>>
>>387897892
This. pc version with stile switcher is the best dmc experience.
>>
>>387898567
>with keyboard controls
No
>>
>>387897519
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/912-devil-may-cry-3-starter-pack/

My controller doesn't work though and I'm too lazy to set up binds manually, so honestly I have no idea how well this works.

But the PC port even without fixes was better than input lag PCSX2 imo. I played it years ago and it felt alright.
>>
>>387898567
anon. just play with your controller.
>>
>>387897519
If you like controller vibration you better of emulating. If you don't care just use style switcher and play the PC version.
>>
>>387897519
The Steam version of DMC3 is just the PC port they did back in 2006 and it was shit. I'd say get the HD release they did. I don't know how good your PC is, but emulation is completely not an option for me if it ever drops frames.
>>
>>387897783
There aren't.
>>
>>387897519
Dmc3 is too hard i couldnt beat the 3 headed dog
>>
>>387902602
That was the hardest part of the game for me
>>
>>387902602
Use trickster style for the fight. It has invincibility frames.
>>
>>387897519
Emulation works great I used to play it since my PS2 disk was scratched to shit. Never played PC port and I played DMC4 on 360 too.
>>
File: DMC3 PC MODS.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DMC3 PC MODS.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>387902502
there are
>>
>>387903216
Saw it being used in speedrun and learning makes the game easier.
>>
>>387897519
I played through it recently on PC without a hitch and the only mod I used was for resolution/widescreen.

My DS4 worked without the need for any mods. You will probably need a patch for Xinput though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.