[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was the bigger disappointment? Which is the worse game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: B_TsXP_UsAMsmnh.jpg_large.jpg (109KB, 1024x470px) Image search: [Google]
B_TsXP_UsAMsmnh.jpg_large.jpg
109KB, 1024x470px
Which was the bigger disappointment? Which is the worse game?
>>
>>387893385
Phantom Pain is both a 10/10 and 4/10, XV is a 5-6/10 throughout.
>>
>>387893385

Bigger disappointment was XV because I actually had quite high expectations.

FFXV is the worse game by far.
>>
enjoyed V enough to get 80 hours out of it, unlike XV which I dropped after a few hours
>>
MGSV is not that bad. The real problem is that it's incomplete, feels like half a game and the real disappointment comes from knowing what could have been.
>>
MGSV at least has great gameplay, its just a meh MGS game. Overall probably better than 4 in most aspects other than the fanservice shit.
>>
One is Kojima's fault and the other is Nomura's

Tabata did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1487779089968.png (816KB, 1189x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487779089968.png
816KB, 1189x450px
MGSV was way more dissapointing since we all thought it's gonna be amazing due to the trailers.
With FFXV we knew that it couldn't live up to the expectations and most news made you wary instead of hyped.

Both games suffer from a horrible second half. MGSV with Chapter 2 and FFXV everything after Chapter 8.
I'd put MGSVs gameplay over FFXV's sense of exploration and comeradeship.

9/10 first half
6/10 second half on both games
>>
>>387894705
>it's Kojima's fault Konami are a bunch of petty dicks

ok
>>
File: 1502251816290.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502251816290.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
Final fantasy XV is the fucking worst. For every good thing the game has, said good thing comes with another facet that just shows that the game is just nothing more than a cashgrab.
>Exploration
Everything is fucking flat and the walking/running animations are so bad that it forces you to the glorified loading screens (cars) and don't even get me started on the linear garbage level design in the dungeons. All the beautiful sceneries are nothing more than landscapes that you will forever see from far away.
>Soundtrack
It's Yoko's weakest work yet. At times it feels like she didn't compose it because it so bland, would not be surprised if she didn't.
>Story
Every single important thing happens offscreen. There is no time to care about any of the characters because there is no development. The sense of camaraderie falls fucking flat every time it should be there. The king's death? Let's get back to camping hehe LOL! Luna's death? No Noctis you can't mourn her death you piece of shit! 10 year timeskip? WOW SUP NOCTIS ITS BEEN A WHILE HEHE OKAY LETS GO NOW
>Combat
Because the animations want to be so realistic, it suffers the same fate as western action games: it's not responsive. Hits have no weight whatsoever from the weapons and the fact that you can only play Noctis is a fucking crime. Enemy variety is pretty damn low too.

The game wasn't finished, was never intended to be what the trailers showed and is the end of Square for me.
>>
MGS5 is an infinitely better game, just with a disappointing story. XV does very little right at all
>>
>>387893385
TPP was the bigger disappointment. I knew that XV was going to be shit. The signs were all there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3IVhOprvsY
>>
File: 1 hp.png (2MB, 1432x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1 hp.png
2MB, 1432x1076px
>>387897127
>Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Sq5Dri_1w

>1:00 kicks in while flashing around the enemies
>>
>>387898352
This,
FFXV just looked like a jumbled mess after they changed the name and showed new gameplay

After GZ, i was legitimately hyped for TPP, only to find out it was a terribly bland open world game with lighter sneaking elements than most other MGS games possess.
>>
>>387893385
TPP was a bigger disappointment since XV always looked gay, but Tabata really did ruin what could have at least been a cool action RPG.

XV is a much worse game than TPP though.
>>
>>387898807
>XV is a much worse game than TPP though.

Exactly. TPP's gameplay is great, the content is repetitive, but that is beyond the point. XV's gameplay is a fucking mess. It's not even a decent ARPG.
>>
>>387898352
There are people who defend this. I still laugh my ass off thinking these people exist.
>>
>>387893385
They're both good games which had unreal expectations and had to search to find the really great stuff about it. MGSV is better imo though.
>>
Even watching my roommate play xv was boring. I dropped V after chapter 12. What a borefest.
>>
>>387898496
Never said it was shit, I said it's wmher weakest work yet, and I'm sure Square is at fault here.
>>
>>387898352
>could have made the game turn based and everyone would support it
>get this

I think they'll learn a lot from it though
>>
>>387897127
I'd say her weakest is either Heroes of Mana or Last Ranker, personally.
>>
I don't know why but PP just gives me a sour taste in my mouth, I didn't get very far in it and I liked the previous entries in the series.

XV was alright, nothing amazing. I beat it, and kinda felt like it was missing quite a lot of what it needed to feel like a full story.
>>
>>387895292
kojima is a celebrity dick sucker. he fancies himself a director but all he does is copy his American influences poorly while wasting money and posting picture of cheeseburgers. god damn I hate that gook
>>
>>387893385
both were great!
>>
>>387893385
TPP was obviously the biggest disappointment, it's not like there's enough continuity in FF games to cause any disappointment of the scale of what MGS can.

Still TPP is a great game, it's just unfinished.
>>
doesnt matter. Now that these two shit clog games have come out we can move on. I honestly think all the shit games from 2010 to 2016 was because everyone was afraid of competing with these two games. They were going to be some of the best games ever, and were released as duds.
>>
Both have terrible stories
Both have good main casts with really weak supporting casts
Both have shit tier villains
Both chased and failed to make meaningful open worlds
MGSV's gameplay is good while FFXV's gameplay is braindead
BOTH games rely on OTHER music sources as their own are forgettable (MGSV wins as you can play the music during combat unlike FFXV)
So MGSV is better? Not a great accomplishment
>>
>>387893385

I haven't played XV but the phantom pain is kind of a let down, i just can't get into it. Overwhelmed by pointless, repetitive missions. Seems as if there's nearly no point to it.

Really a shame. The actual story is good, whenever you do get around to that part.

It's an honest to god 7/10
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.