[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Blizzard make WoW great again???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: letöltés (1).jpg (20KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés (1).jpg
20KB, 337x150px
>Game was hard due to lack of information, data mining
>Big explorable living world full of actual danger ( you could get ganked in the main zone even), even with mounts it took hours to get to other part of the world, while you were traveling you explored, you get ganked, you found new quests
>Barrens chat, people helping with quests, forming groups for instances or even quests because quests were hard to do
>Quests were actually unique despite the grind, even though you had to kill many mobs, the different enviroment made it unique
>every hard earned level you were proud of, every hard earned item not even epic, you were proud of
>class knowledge actually mattered, if you were a good tank for example people added you as a friend, you were actually known on the server as being good
>>
>hundreds of people in each zone making faction wars. (barrens, STV, Hillsbrad), again forming alliances and friendship
>profession were actually really satisfying almost like a real job, it was hard grind work, but paid off really well, it was also really expensive to do some like enchanting but gave you really good stats
>you actually had to think about in the game instead of button smashing, even on simple quest mobs, pulls, not to mention dungeon strats, when deadmines and WC or even orgrimmar dungeon were so hard to excecute that most groups failed, therefore less reward, and those who completed had easier path to advance on
>Hitting lvl 60, 70 were one of the most satisfying things and everyone knew that, everyone typed DING every level and 40 ppl replied with GRATS,GZ,NICE etc.
>When you hit lvl 60,70 and the real game actually began not like now.
>Week long chain quests that were not locked behind time gate, so you could actually do it as fast as you possible could without restriction
>PvP and getting ganked was a constant treath while being out, farming, questing
>Bosses were hard, most people didn't even entered raid dungeons AND IT WAS FINE, limited access to certain high level thing was one of the best game design of an MMO.

What's your thoughts? Can Blizz Make WoW Great Again?
>>
That not at all what WoW was even at release.
>>
Cat girls.
>>
>>387890087
new fag? I played since 2004 beta and it was liek this.
>>
>>387890208
no one cares, gramps
>>
>>387890324
>no one cares

replies to thread. ok.
>>
>>387890208
I did too, and just about the only thing you got accurately was spamming trying to form groups, and then one faggot always needing a summon.
>>
>>387889969
it's never going to be great again dude

wow is past it's prime and nothing blizzard does will ever fix that.
>>
File: bliz.jpg (242KB, 729x787px) Image search: [Google]
bliz.jpg
242KB, 729x787px
>>387889969
They will make wow great again by having quota hires and having an army of feminist developers with chips on thier shoulders.
>>
The game was poorly balanced, was a grindfest, clunky, ugly and as time went on the value of anything went down.
What made the game so memorable was the social aspect and the great amount of player interaction.

In order to go back to that era, you'd need to make great chanes to both the game and the mindset of players.

It's not coming back.
>>
>>387891250
Vanilla still holds up to this day, even if you've played the shit out of it since release, and is infinitely superior to anything post-TBC. Just because you like the casual shitheap that is modern MMOs doesn't make them better in any way.
>>
>>387890208
>WoW beta

did you get to keep your character and stuff into the full game? just curious
>>
>vanilla was good because it was ganking simulator
>>
>>387891387
Did I say I like modern WoW? It's incredibly bad. Tinegates all over the place, shitty class balance, class stories and artifacts that look and sound like DA OC's, almost 0 social interaction at any given time,etc.

You were younger, an MMO sounded cooler back in the day and you had more time and less things to worry about. Just re-opening a vanilla server wouldn't fix a shit. Take off your Nostalgis googles, what made WoW good is gone and won't be back.
>>
>>387892151
>vanilla was good because it was ganking simulator

can;t deny it was part of the charm
>>
>>387892667

>you don't miss old WoW, you miss being a careless kid.

I am fucking tired of this fucking argument.
>>
>>387889969
Simply make a fucking sequel while continuing the lore. The main problem with WoW is that at the moment 90% of the content is either ignored or useless and they think a new stupid gimmick in a new expansion will fix this. They need to start from scratch instead of giving around level boosts. That just shows how even they only care about their expansion content and absolutely nothing else mattera.
The problem is the loyal cancer fanbase that keeps coming back for endgame content despite coming out disappointed again and again since WotLK.
>>
>>387892859
It is such a dumb argument, how come there are 10k+ people playing on one specific vanilla server, while the rest are out there on many different old content private servers?
>>
>>387892859
Every Vanilla/Classic denouncer always argues this bullshit as if it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to separate the game itself from your situation that you originally played it in for the first time. I'd still be playing it right now if there was a decent classic private server to play on with good population.
>>
>>387892730
I just wish it was actually a good pvp game with real rvr.
>>
>>387891428
no
>>
File: 1485953290657.jpg (25KB, 480x232px) Image search: [Google]
1485953290657.jpg
25KB, 480x232px
They can't they are obsessed fixing something and making it balanced they don't understand this was the magic this unfair feel about the uncertain goal and limit of the character with so many options loot and broken talents with an undiscovered world with almost 0 info of the dungeons and raids just a small introduction of it with lore and showcase of wich bosses were there, now the player is epoonfeeded with all kind of info you even know what fucking loot are you going to get before killing the boss you don't study mechanics or the way the boss work with your guild you just open a tab in wowhead or watch a YouTube video about how to, this is what is missing the ironically lack of missinfo and research to get what you want info that should be get with effort and understanding of the game it's impossible to get that back.
>>
>>387889969
It won´t never be good again. Also, old WoW was shit, like new but with less help to the player, get over it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.