[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
How do I get myself to play this game? I don't like it but everyone says it will grow on me. And as soon as I say it's bad I am getting shitted on
>>
>>387887624
the people who say it gets better are lying fucks.

The level design will still be bad, enemies will still be ganksquads 24/7, the DLC is as shit as the base game.
>>
skip it and get bloodborne instead
DS2 was made by interns
>>
>>387887829
I've already beaten Bloodborne
>>
you don't want to know, you just want another thread where everyone parrots IT WAS DIFFERENT SO I HATE IT I HATE IT WHEN THINGS ARE DIFFERENT I'M SO MAD TODAY MOM WAS 34 SECONDS LATE WITH MY TENDIES AND THEY WEREN'T ARRANGED CORRECTLY ON MY PLATE AND SHE USED THE WRONG PLATE
>>
>>387887898
DS2 shill squad strikes again?
>>
>>387887898
nah it was actually shit, I can tell it was your first souls game and you have some weird nostalgic bias/stockholm syndrome
>>
>>387887954
>and you have some weird nostalgic bias/stockholm syndrome

So like people have with every Souls game?
>>
>>387887995
no because the other souls games have functional controls and decent to good level design
>>
>>387887954
My first was dark souls 1, and while dark souls 2 had flaws, so did 1. And nobody ever hates on dark souls 2 for legitimate flaws, they just hate it because it's not the same.
The only actual shit in this franchise is dark souls 3.
>>
>>387888057
How does DS2 not have functional controls?
>>
>>387887949
>>387887954
Congrats, you proved him right, and this is coming as someone who disliked DS2 compared to the rest of the series. Use legitimate arguments instead of screaming "shill" and "nostalgia baby" and you'll have a better chance of convincing people.
>>
OP either you like the slower, more deliberate feel of the game or don't. i personally like its change of pace, it feels more of an rpg than an action game.
>>
>>387888102
t. DS2 was my first game

>>387888107
try playing a real game for once in your life then you understand
>>
ADP was a mistake
>>
>>387887624
>I don't like it but everyone says it will grow on me.
Tell them to fuck off.
>And as soon as I say it's bad I am getting shitted on
Tell them to fuck off again.
>How do I get myself to play this game?
You don't. Instead of forcing yourself to play something you dislike just find something you like.
>>
>>387888109
I don't see a reason to give arguments because the game is shit and doesn't even feel like Dark Souls. I want to vomit when I'm playing it, is it a good argument? Coming from a person who started with Demon's Souls and even liked Bloodborne
>>
>>387887624
Don't play it if you don't like it. Jesus fucking christ, it's a great game, but not as good as the others, and it does NOT magically become great later on. If the first 10 hours don't make you want to play on, quit. The ending is dumb and abrupt, DLC is great but not THAT great. It's a Souls game for when you crave more Souls but have played everything else to death already.
>>
>>387888178
>try playing a real game for once in your life then you understand

Nice example.
So you can't actually answer it and only make up shit on the whim.
>>
>>387888238
>I don't see a reason to give arguments
Alright, stopped reading there. Come back when you want to have an actual discussion and not just shitpost for (You)s.
>>
>>387888238
>I don't see a reason to give arguments because the game is shit and doesn't even feel like Dark Souls.
so you literally hate it because it's different
Wow, looks like I was so wrong in my first post
YOU SURE SHOWED ME
>>
>>387888208
ADP as a stat was ok, it's implementation was terrible though.
All it needed was a few small animation differences like a little stumble when you do a roll, stuff that actually allows you to visually differentiate between low and high adaptability, not by just dissecting the game and counting i-frames.
>>
>>387888102
>The only actual shit in this franchise is dark souls 3.
You're just as much of a faggot as people who claim that DaS2 is a horrible game. You're jsut a differnet kind of faggot, you know.
>>
>>387888375
>it's implementation was terrible though.

by not telling you what it fucking did
>>
>>387888424
Game actually did but for 'normal' player the difference after investing few points in it was almost impossible to notice, hence my suggestion to make it visually apparent you're stumbling around.
>>
>>387888320
>>387888347
Bad level design
Bad enemy design, I literally quit the game during one of the boss fights because the design was so bad it made me "cringe"
Gameplay doesn't make me feel like I'm playing a Souls game

Well, that's enough, because most people play Souls games for the atmosphere which DS2 doesn't have
>>
>>387888543
>Bad level design
There were a lot of mediocre levels, but the only ones that stand out as well and truly bad are shrine of amana and that tomb area
>Bad enemy design
In what way? They're all functional as enemies, they do things correctly. I like the enemy design a hell of a lot more than in 3 where every fucking thing just combos forever with infinite stamina.
>I literally quit the game during one of the boss fights because the design was so bad it made me "cringe"
what, explain further
>>
>>387888809
>what, explain further
After a few boss encounters that looked fucking awful I stepped in another boss room (there were 3 of them, I don't remember their names). They looked awful aswell and I didn't feel the atmosphere like I did in other Souls games so I decided to drop this game
>>
>>387888809
>but the only ones that stand out as well and truly bad

heide's tower of flame
no man's wharf
belfry luna
sinner's rise
harvest valley
earthen peak
iron keep
belfry sol
grave of saints
black gulch
shaded woods
doors of pharros
brighstone cove tseldora
drangleic castle
king's passage
dragon shrine
2/3 of the giant memories
cave of the dead
iron passage
frigid outskirts
>>
>>387888976
yeah, the Ruin Sentinels are dicks and mandatory.

Especially if you get knocked off it turns into a 3 on 1 boss fight with fucked up hitboxes
>>
>>387888976
Ruin Sentinels are indeed garbage
>>
>>387887624
>He listens to Dark Souls II posters
Lmao he fell for the ultimate meme.
>>
>>387889073
>including pvp side areas and the little areas the bosses are in to inflate the list
also, what's wrong with earthen peak?
>>
>>387889073
those shitty areas in the dlcs were included by contractual obligation, the devs didn't even want to make them and you don't have to play them. They're just there as a demo to try and make people want the dlc, which is stupid. People who don't want the DLC probably aren't going to go do co op in them, and anyone who did certainly wouldn't buy the DLC because of those shitshows.
>>
>>387888178
>try playing a real game for once in your life then you understand
This applies to every single souls game. I find it blaffing when someone claim that they like ds1 or bb and dislike 2 or 3.
Its the same fucking shit. Ds2 has had a bullshit trailer. Ds3 is too linear. Ds1 is a terribly broken port without some mods. So what.
>>
>>387889406
>those shitty areas in the dlcs were included by contractual obligation, the devs didn't even want to make them and you don't have to play them. T
Still doesn't excuse them being so shit.
>>
>>387887624
I'd recommend playing vanilla DaS2 over Scholar. That version is a fucking romhack quality-wise.

People shit on DaS2 on /v/ all the time, though. Not sure where the fuck you're beng shat on for saying it's bad.
>>
>>387887624
>PVE is shit but has grown on me
Honestly it just needed good bosses. Counting the DLC is has about 5 good bosses in total out of 45 or more and that is pathetic. Shit like double dragon riders is fucking atrocious
>PVP
Still hate it. Especially playing it now where all i run into are ice rapier/warped sword and meta/troll builds well im just using a weeb Katana setup. Also when i run into people who magically take almost no damage from the same shit that is doing 1/5-1/6th from the average player when my weapon is +10/infused. Sometimes even the same kind of armor. I know Soul level lets people potentially be higher level that it feels oddly common. Atleast in DaS3 when i hit someone with a +10 weapon besides maybe a dagger it will always do some sort of respectable damage.
>>
>>387889786
>Not sure where the fuck you're beng shat on for saying it's bad.

drones of e-celebs that claim it's good
>>
>>387889540
>Its the same fucking shit

you're retarded if you can't feel the vastly inferior controls and movement in 2, let alone the bad level design and enemy encounters
>>
>>387889962
But it is good. The difference being that over here we have drones of angry /v/irgins saying otherwise.

Angry drones and their inane "b-team" claims got us the disgraceful fanservice crap that was DaS3.
>>
>>387890273
>b-b-b-but DaS3

every fucking time with you guys.

3 being sub-par doesn't negate 2 being bad
>>
>>387887624
You don't. You fell for a obvious meme perpetuated by shitposters and battered housewives.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.